“Very solid, great value hotel for Manila standards”
Review of Lemon Tree Inn

Lemon Tree Inn
Ranked #3 of 37 Quezon City B&B and Inns
Westlake, Ohio
“Very solid, great value hotel for Manila standards”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Since my friends live in Quezon City, it made sense for me to stay at a nearby hotel. If you don't know Manila, traffic is horrendous. I usually stay in Makati/Malati since that is the business/upscale shopping district, but it can take forever to go from there to Quezon City. If you have business to do in Quezon, then I highly recommend Lemon Tree Inn. The staff was very helpful and friendly, the rooms very clean, and most importantly, MODERN with AC, refrigerator, flat-screen. The room was nicely furnished and looked new and modern. For the same price, you wouldn't get as nice accomodations in say Ermita or Makati. There is not even a comparison! I was very comfortable for my 3 nights. There is a hospital across the street called Capital Medical so you can just tell the taxi driver to take you there.

The one negative, which they need to change, is the way internet (wi-fi) is used. It's free and works pretty well, but you have to log-in every single time you want to use it. In today's modern world, who wants to do that? I couldn't use ichat since my iphone wasn't always connected. This was extremely annoying! A pleasant positive was the small amount of laundry I needed cleaned only cost $150 pesos and took only one day to get back to me nicely folded. Overall, a very great experience!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
justphoebe
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Just as we said we would, we returned to Lemon Tree Inn again. Service is just as good. Hubby arrived in the Philippines before I did, so I arranged for airport pick up. He also forgot to print his hotel reservation, and was already on his way to catch his flight to the Philippines when he remembered. I called to see what could be done, and surprisingly they still remembered what hubby looked like, and said they did not need a copy of the reservation as they still remembered him from half a year ago. Airport pick up came a bit late, and I was a bit worried as I was also in transit in another airport overseas. Called the hotel, and they were immediately on it. They got that sorted out, and hubby arrived safe and sound. Now he needs to stay on for about a month, while I was able to stay for only a long weekend and get back to work. It's been almost a week since I left, and today he tore his leg up coming out of a cab. Tried to get him to go to the emergency room at the hospital across the street, but one of the hotel staff has a nursing background and tended to hubby's leg quite skillfully, telling me not to worry. Needless to say I can truly rest easy that he is in good hands, many thanks to the very accommodating staff including Chester, Gie-lai, Lisa, Charlie, and Salome and all the other people who work at the Lemon Tree Inn. You're doing a great job!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Seoul
Reviewed 29 February 2012

First, I had high hopes for this place but was disappointed. The location is tough to find even with the address and it's in a not-so-good part of Quezon City and unwalkable to most places. The rooms are clean but small and ours had no window. TV reception also sucked. In a nutshell, I was disappointed with the place and won't be staying here again.

Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 27 February 2012

The hotel is not hard to locate since it is right in front of Capitol Medical Center along Quezon Ave. There is no free parking space for hotel guests but there is a parking lot beside the hotel which is Php190 overnight (if there is a free parking for hotel guests we did not know nor we cared to ask).

We stayed in one of their executive rooms. It is really nice and clean. I like the big mirror in the living room it made the room look bigger. The interior is homey like you immediately just want to sit and relax. Cooking is prohibited in the room they have a small kitchen in the 3rd flr.

Pros:
nice interior
big shower head
comfy bed
Corelle plates

Cons:
-extra charge for wifi
-extra charge for dvd player
-extra charge for other stuff
-they have a list of restaurants where you can order food but they do not have the complete menu for each and when you do decide to order the front desk will connect you to the restaurant's number so you can order. ( i wish they could have gotten the menu for each restaurant)
-you will freeze even if you adjust the temp. so bring your sweaters.
-sliding door doesn't slide.
-some light bulbs died some flickered some are fine... they have their own minds okay?
-you can hear the noise from the hallway

in summary, its a nice Inn.

1 Thank Lucy C
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We were just looking for a place to stay (overnight) just to unwind. We were looking for a simple place to stay even if it is within the Metropolis. What's important is the place is comfortable, within the budget, and can give us the relaxation that we need after a very busy week from work.

Surfing the internet has a big factor in helping us to choose what and where and that's the reason why we ended up picking Lemon Tree Inn to have our simple, pseudo-gateway even for just a day.

They have actually an on-going promo and their Deluxe Room costs P2,300 instead of P4,000 plus. At first we're a bit hesitant because the location of the Inn is right across a hospital. It is not near to any shopping mall or restaurants unlike other famous hotels wherein you can actually walk from your hotel going to a mall or a restaurant. But come to think of it, we decided to stay in a hotel for the weekend not so we could go to some shopping center but to relax. Meaning most of the time we'll be staying inside the room pigging out with some take-outs and watch T.V. noise free.

The moment we got there, everybody is really nice to us. Starting off from the reception area until we reached our room. We came a bit early the checking time but we were led to their Lounge located in the second floor. They actually have an LCD T.V., a sofa, and free use of internet while waiting for our room to be ready.

The room was quite small but very clean and organized. The room has microwave, plates, utensils, glasses, mugs and a small refrigerator. The room has also an LCD T.V., a cabinet, safe, small dresser, sufficient lighting, alarm clock, air-con and a phone. The bathroom may be small but it is also spick-and-span.

The Inn doesn't have a lot of amenities like fitness center, swimming pool, in-house restaurant however, you may access their WiFi for an additional P100 good for 24 hours, and an additional P200 if you want to use their DVD player. We wanted to use the internet but decided to not anymore because of the additional fee.

Since they don't have an "in-house restaurant", they made a portfolio and compiled the places that you can go to. They have a restaurant listings that are located within the vicinity and they allow food delivery to the Inn without charging extra. They'd also be the one to contact the restaurant and connect it to your room.

Also, before I forget, the P2,300 a night comes with breakfast courtesy of Figaro. Don't expect too much because the breakfast is really little. My friend and I even ordered additional food because we didn't get satisfied. However, it didn't spoil our stay there because we didn't really expect that it'll be grand like those continental breakfast like the other hotels are serving. As a matter of fact, some hotels or inns with the same rate don't give out free breakfast.

Overall, it was really a pleasant experience we had. Although we already suggested (via survey) if they could throw in free WiFi and use of DVD player since there wasn't anything else to do there especially if their guests just want to stay inside their Inn instead of making their Inn just a place to sleep in.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter but don't have any sort of scenery
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank tuffy0706
Quezon City
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I booked this hotel via Agoda and by a wicked stroke of luck, I got an awesomely great price for our 5 day stay. As far as B & B's go, I think Lemon Tree Inn is more suited to be labeled as a simple hotel because the room (Superior) that we stayed in looked much better/cleaner than rooms of some so-called "hotels."

We even got a complimentary Valentine's cake!

Staff are really friendly especially Ate Romina. The lounge is a good place to stay too. The room amenities were great because we had a microwave, a ref, and small kitchennette. Cooking is not allowed in the rooms but we were informed that we could cook at the 3rd floor.

Some cab drivers may not be familiar with the hotel but just tell him to drop you off at CAPITOL MEDICAL CENTER, which is a better known hospital directly in front of the hotel.

I will surely wait for another awesome deal so I could stay there the entire summer!

justphoebe
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I wondered if I made a mistake booking the Lemon Tree Inn for 10 days, sight unseen, with only reviews from this site to base my decision on, but those doubts dissipated quickly when I got there a day early, scoped the place, and realized it was much better than what I expected of a small inn. Although our reservation was for 10 days, I decided to check in a day earlier, and then added an extra day at the end of our reserved period. We had a wonderful time at the Lemon Tree Inn. Staff were always courteous and accommodating. The place is clean and well-maintained. The rooms are not as spacious as far as standard hotel rooms go, but they are well-planned and space is well-used. They also have a cozy living room where you can hang out if you got one of the smaller rooms and want to have some extra space for a change, without leaving the inn. Each room is equipped with a small kitchenette, a fridge, coffee pot, and microwave oven. You can also ask reception to order food for you from a wide range of nearby restaurants, if you don't feel like eating out. If you prefer to cook your own meals, you may do so, as they have a well-equipped kitchen on the 3rd floor, and a member of staff is always available to help you. The pictures on their website, are also very updated, and real. What you see is what you get. It is not made to look any prettier than it actually is. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this place. Value for your money is an understatement for the Lemon Tree Inn. We hope they maintain their excellent standards for cleanliness, and service.

Room Tip: Go for the superior room or the executive suite. More space and well worth it.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple