“Delicious entrées and mains, dessert needs some work”

Ninyo Fusion Cuisine
Ranked #28 of 1,983 Restaurants in Quezon City
Cuisines: French, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I had the oysters rockefeller and the surf-and-turf degustation menu so that was quite a bit of food.

Good points: the complimentary wasabi oyster (which was divine) and the perfect oysters Rockefeller; possibly the best risotto in the QC area which came with the steak sampler; and the perfectly seared salmon.

Less-than-good points: the teeny tiny little soup espresso cup; and the bland dessert. I expect my crème brûlée's to be denser, and with a top you can crack with your spoon. The one I got was soft on top and of a thick pudding consistency.

Ninyo's prices are typical of a fine dining establishment, expect to pay more than PHP 1,000 per person if you go for at least an entrée and main each, even more if you add drinks and dessert. The degustation menu was PHP ~1,200 so that's a good bet if you don't know what you want to eat. Also, their special iced tea, while somewhat disappointing in size, was delicious.

I'd definitely go back to this place. Nearly missed it was I was driving past— it's hidden in the foliage in the same way Likha Diwa is, but thankfully the street numbers gave it away. And I quote, "Number 67... 65... where is 66?!" Though next time I'll try a different dessert.

1  Thank encreverte

Reviewed 19 February 2013

went here last February 16 for a nice quiet dinner. the place was nice. the food was awesome. had the duck leg confit and wasabi fried oysters. both plate served and presented well. the taste just knocks your socks off. the service was alright... a little sloppy at times.

this is not your typical pig-out place for family or barkada. it is very close to fine dining. they just have to trim off the rough edges from the food servers.

when i say rough edges i.e. table cloth placed backwards, they didn't (or forgot) to bust out the bread and butter plate after serving the appetizers. those kinda small things.

remember, their price range is not that far from Impression's in Resort's World. Which is the closest we can get to a michelin star food bag. they already pass the food quality and ambiance department. if they get the service perfectly, Ninyo is on the way for big things!!!

1  Thank Carlos Q
Reviewed 13 February 2013

had a reservation with my partner on Feb 9 for our pre-valentine dinner. the resto is located in one of the residential streets near ateneo/maryknoll area, so make sure to ask directions how to get there. we were given a table in one of the gazebo, which afforded us some privacy and can be very romanctic.

ok, food presentation is very creative and everything looked fresh delicious! We had the ff:

deep fried wasabi oysters - very nice, a hint of fire from the wasabi but did not overpower the oyster, highly recommended

raspberry vignarette - very refreshing salad! a balance of saltiness from laguna cheese and parma/serano(?) ham, with sweet tangy dressing. crispy fresh greens

chargrilled tiger prawns with japanese paella - prawned grilled just right, we loved the buttery paella that melted in our mouths

trio of pork/chicken/beef yakitori - not as good as the prawsns, the beef kebab was a bit bland, but i liked the chicken. pork was so so

strawberry surprise - one of the best desserts we'd tasted. soft meringue resting on tasty graham, topped with tangy strawberry

they also serve home made soft bread, which is so tasty. before the main course we were give a spoon of clamansi sorbet which cleansed our palate.

definitely worth the drive, and we'll be back to try the rest of the menu.

3  Thank tmgarcia
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Booked, through email, months before our dinner...and I must say, they didn't fail me and my fiance. The location is far from the busy areas, making our dinner very serene. We were led to the table I requested. Our server was very polite in answering our questions, and he even offered to take our picture. I originally chose their Degustation D but asked for the seafood dish to be changed since my fiance is allergic to them. I think they forgot and served us with seafood as appetizer, as I can recall...but when I reminded them of my request, they changed it right away. Very accomodating, very good customer service, and very creative, delicious food! Thumbs up to Ninyo! I would definitely encourage friends and family to try this! :)

Reviewed 30 December 2012

The food tastes and looks great. It's like they cook and serve food that appeals to all of one's senses. Obviously, cooking and dining at Ninyo's is an art. I feel though that the Japanese salad dressing used was basically the same as the bottled Japanese dressing I buy from the market. It's not at all bad just that I had hoped for a more unique concoction.

Overall, it's a great dining experience but something I can only allow myself once in a while as prices are a bit steep.

1  Thank sacredtrails