“Va'Pensiero Araneta Center Cubao - July 21, 2013, Sunday”
Review of Va'Pensiero - CLOSED

Va'Pensiero
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Manila, Philippines
“Va'Pensiero Araneta Center Cubao - July 21, 2013, Sunday”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

GOOD
1. Accommodating and polite staff.

2. Parmesan cheese is free upon request.

3. Food is okay.

BAD
1. According to one of its female staff, the restaurant changed management last Thursday, July 18, 2013, so the LASAGNA was removed from its menu. I escape me and could not imagine why did their management decided to do that. I've never saw any Italian inspired restaurant that does not have Lasagna in their menu.

2. The new menu didn't have pictures. I believe it should have since this would help its customer decide on what to order.

3. Bread sticks were tough even if you dip it in the mixture of Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil. Not recommended for customers who do not have strong teeth.

4. Their staff would serve the mixture of Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil in very small quantities. Now considering that one of its purpose is to soften the very tough bread sticks provided,

5. I find their prices too expensive considering that they are not as well known as other well established Italian inspired restaurants in the metro.

6. It would be best to just have piped-in music since the monitors showing Italian concerts only distracts its customers.

7. The restaurant doesn't have its own toilet facilities. According to another female staff, if you need to use one, you need to go inside Gateway mall. Unfortunately it would take around 10-15 minutes for one to go to/come back from the nearest available facility which is inside the mall.

WILL I RECOMMEND VA'PENSIERO ARANETA CENTER CUBAO TO OTHERS: No and if I would learn that people I know might go there, I would not hesitate to share with them my experience hoping to make them aware and on what to expect. .

WILL I DINE AGAIN AT VA'PENSIERO ARANETA CENTER CUBAO: I'm not sure if I might, but if I would, it's one of those places at the bottom of my list.

• Visited July 2013

Manila, Philippines
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Real Italian food in Metro Manila”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

This is the only place I've been to in Metro Manila where the pizza actually tastes like it came from Italy, none of that commercialized doughy pizza, this is the real thing. :)

Quezon City, Philippines
“Excellent Italian food with good value for money”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I dined here for a late lunch with a friend about two weeks ago, and both of us ordered set meals (6 and 7). They didn't scrimp on the serving and for less than Php400, we're already full. They offer free wi-fi, which is a plus, and while there's Italian music (from past to present) playing on the TV, I didn't much care for it. The servers were really accommodating, especially when we asked for more bread.

There are two reasons why I didn't give this a perfect 5 star rating. First is they turn off the air-con so it was really hot when we went inside, 2 desk fans weren't really helping. My friend suffered a migraine because of it, and only then did they turn the A/C on, when we're halfway through our meal. Second is the very limited serving of the accompanying olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and parmesan cheese for our bread. We had to request again and again, not that they were discourteous, but it would've saved them time and energy if they would've placed those condiments on the table.

As stated in the subject of the review by ObeseOne, "pay for the food, not the ambiance", I'm really partial to comfort when I'm eating. So yes, while I enjoyed the food, it could've been a better dining experience. I'll still definitely return with more friends, and hopefully by that time A/C is turned on.

• Visited February 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“REAL ITALIAN FOOD IN QC...COOL”
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I am reqular client of this shop.
when i go there i feel myself like i am in Italy.(Yes i have been to italy) The style of dinning, the service and most importantly the food taste so yummy
Loved it......
P.S. From price point of view, i went there with my family total of 6 people, we eat a lot and we just spend 2000 with drinks and desert included:)

• Visited June 2012
Alabang, Philippines
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pay for the food, not the ambiance”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Va' Pensiero provides a soup to nuts (ok, soup to limoncello) Italian dining experience. I've been there many times and my only complaint is that they've had to trim their impressive menu because the clientele do not seem to appreciate all the great dishes on offer.

The staff make an effort to remember the regulars and their favorite menu choices, often sneaking in a little extra bread or a gratis shot of grappa or Vino Santo. During the UAAP Basketball season, you will be able to order pasta in your team's colors. If you are a regular, the staff will discreetly wish your team the best of luck, taking care not to antagonize the other diners.

Remember that the bill does not have a service charge, so be generous in victory or defeat and you will be rewarded.

This weekend, I'm going to take up the owner on his boast that they make a killer Olive Oil cake (special advance order required). He hasn't disappointed me, yet.

George