“needs renovating.”

Cuisines: Philippine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

food is too expensive for it's purported ambience. parking is not too covenient, and the stairs, rooms, tables, etc are a bit too old for a supposedly elegant place. what you really pay extra for is the name Romulo, which is not quite commensurate as to value and experience. i don't mind going back if they lower the prices, or improve the experience.

1  Thank d g

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Liked the food, loved the ambiance but many of the wait staff don't deserve working in establishments such as Romulo Cafe. They are better off working as bouncers in some clubs, strut their machismos, and display their rude dispositions to unfortunate patrons.

Will certainly not go back.

3  Thank bunko007
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I had lunch at Romulo's Cafe, Scout Tuason last March 18, 2014.

For beverages, I had a light beer and my friend had Cool As Cucumber which she found a little bit on the sweet side. Crispy Crablets and Ginataang Kohol were served for starters. True to the servers description, the Ginataang Kohol was not spicy. Chad, who was assisting us, waited until our appetizers were almost finished before he offered to serve the Halaan Soup. He had someone clear our empty dishes before giving us our soup bowls. The Halaan just tasted right though the clam meats had shrunk and were a bit chewy- a sign that the soup was overcooked. On the brighter side, I can really taste the clam juice and not overpowered by the ingredients. Soup bowls were removed and then the entrees were served: Bangus Belly in Banana Leaves, Lechon Kangkong, and Callos. The Lechon Kangkong was salty. Maybe it had too much oyster sauce. Unless, it was supposed to taste that way.
I've been to several restaurants in Metro Manila this March and this is one of only two restaurants where the server offered to assist taking our photos.
Considering the cleanliness, friendliness of staff, service, and foods, I rate my dining experience very good. I will recommend the place to my friends. I will definitely visit the restaurant again.

1  Thank HugotAtBuntngHininga
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I like the cosy atmosphere of being in a former residence lined in cool trees and converted into an updated retro-resto design with historical feel [pictures of General/Ambassador Carlos P. Romulo, related to the owners of the place, adorn the walls]. Dining in local fare that has also been carefully prepared takes you back to past family gatherings where heirloom recipes are carefully brought back on the dining table. Try the kare-kare, lengua estofado, spicy gising giving, bulalo, crispy pata and lots more. Did I mention, they serve good cocktails, too so you'll want to linger in this place.

1  Thank pakbet
Reviewed 11 March 2014

They serve Filipino comfort food. The servings are a bit small if you are a group of heavy eaters. All in all the place is clean, food is very neatly presented. The quality is good as well. There is a nice ambiance The place is very spacious and can accommodate big groups.

2  Thank mamabanana