“Homey Feeling”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Homey Feeling”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Had lunch here last week with 3 of my colleagues. The dining area on the left side is a bit crowded and dark but food was great.

Customer service is also great, waiters are always available, attentive and very friendly.

We ordered the Kaldereta with Queso de Bola - my absolute favorite, Kare-Kare, Gambas and Pomelo w Turnip salad.

I recommend this place for all types of gathering - business, family or date.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank little_traveller731

Pasig, Philippines
“Could have been better...”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Pro- food are great.
B
But......

Con-no parking
-slow service--the food was great but because service was slow, we got frustrated on asking for follow up on our order. We just cancelled our dessert because it took like forever on waiting...
-quite expensive

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Shan_the_explorer
Pasig, Philippines
“needs renovating.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

food is too expensive for it's purported ambience. parking is not too covenient, and the stairs, rooms, tables, etc are a bit too old for a supposedly elegant place. what you really pay extra for is the name Romulo, which is not quite commensurate as to value and experience. i don't mind going back if they lower the prices, or improve the experience.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank d g
Quezon City
“Good food, great ambiance but felt unwelcomed”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Liked the food, loved the ambiance but many of the wait staff don't deserve working in establishments such as Romulo Cafe. They are better off working as bouncers in some clubs, strut their machismos, and display their rude dispositions to unfortunate patrons.

Will certainly not go back.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank bunko007
Medellin, Philippines
“Dining Experience”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I had lunch at Romulo's Cafe, Scout Tuason last March 18, 2014.

For beverages, I had a light beer and my friend had Cool As Cucumber which she found a little bit on the sweet side. Crispy Crablets and Ginataang Kohol were served for starters. True to the servers description, the Ginataang Kohol was not spicy. Chad, who was assisting us, waited until our appetizers were almost finished before he offered to serve the Halaan Soup. He had someone clear our empty dishes before giving us our soup bowls. The Halaan just tasted right though the clam meats had shrunk and were a bit chewy- a sign that the soup was overcooked. On the brighter side, I can really taste the clam juice and not overpowered by the ingredients. Soup bowls were removed and then the entrees were served: Bangus Belly in Banana Leaves, Lechon Kangkong, and Callos. The Lechon Kangkong was salty. Maybe it had too much oyster sauce. Unless, it was supposed to taste that way.
I've been to several restaurants in Metro Manila this March and this is one of only two restaurants where the server offered to assist taking our photos.
Considering the cleanliness, friendliness of staff, service, and foods, I rate my dining experience very good. I will recommend the place to my friends. I will definitely visit the restaurant again.

• Visited March 2014