“Not that good”

Valenzuela, Philippines
“Not that good”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Razon’s of Guagua Monumento, Caloocan Branch

I usually give good ratings to places I’ve been to. But for Razon’s, I have to give the place two stars: 1 star for the clean restaurant; another star for the shaved ice and pancit luglog.

(+)
Clean restaurant, good interiors (This lured us to try the place. I hope you maintain it that way.)
Halo-halo: Smoothly shaved ice, creamy milk
Burger: Thick patty, not oily
Pancit Luglog: Pretty tasty, good for a small hunger fix.

(-)
Value for money: For 1k+, the group was not that happy.

Servings of rice and pancit luglog are small.

Php96.00/cup of shaved ice, milk, leche flan, macapuno, and bananas is more like “Banana con hielo” (Sweet banana with ice). You can get a better cup of halo-halo with more ingredients somewhere else. Trust me, we’ve been eating and comparing halo-halo everywhere this summer.

Service: The cashier, A**, should be friendlier and learn to smile to customers. In most fast food chains that I've been to, even though the crew seem tired and all, they still manage to at least smile.

We were engaged in a conversation when the waiter cut us off to take some of the empty plates. When I asked what time will they close, I learned that they won’t be closed in one and a half hour more. Plus, the place is full of empty tables, I don’t see the urgency to get the plates. It is like telling your customer, “Hey, you have to go right now.”. To think that I just shelled out more than 1k on food. The waiter should have taken a cue that we are eating there for a simple birthday celebration since we brought a cake.

We won’t come back here though they have been shouting “Balik po kayo” (Please come back), all the way from the cashier area, as we exit.

• Visited August 2013

TORONTO, ONTARIO
“A cold treat for a very hot place!”
Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

Having been born an raises in Toronto, the halo-halo I am used tibia very different from the authentic types in the Philippines. I have been accustomed to adding every topping under the sun....with an excessive amount of evaporates milk.

At Razon's, the halo-halo's ice is shaved, not crushed. The end result is finely shaved ice that resembles snow flakes.

The fillings are simple; sweetened ripe bananas, coconut strips, and a slice of leche flan (Filipino style creme caramel), topped off with evaporates milk.

Although the fillings are few, Razon's simplicity is at it's best. I cannot say which type is superior, but Razon's is is a great style to try. Especially for those who do not like too many ingredients.

The natural sweetness is enough to satisfy your sweet tooth, but not overwhelming with guilty pleasure.

At 100 pesos, you can't go wrong. The serving is that of a parfait glass, so you can definitely share it....or not...if you want it all to yourself!

Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
“The food was great!”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

The halo halo of razon was great too. I loved the how the ice was shaved and you could say plenty of milk was poured on it.

Visited January 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Value for your Money = Razon's”
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Razon's is known for it's Pansit Luglug which I would give an excellent grade. It hasn't changed since the last time I had it in 2008. I also like their puto which is very soft and good tasting. The only thing that had changed which I do not really favor is their halo halo. They do not serve it with Pinigig and it now taste like your average halo halo all over metro manila.

I still highly recommend this restaurant esp since it's price is very reasonable.

• Visited November 2012
“Halo Halo specialty restaurant”
Reviewed 29 November 2012

everytime I go to market market in Taguig and SM bicutan, I always go to Razon's branch and oprder the halo halo...\
taste very good, I think better than digmans halo halo
must try