“Great Location, Great Room, but the Food..”

Eastwood Richmonde Hotel
Ranked #15 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Manila, Philippines
“Great Location, Great Room, but the Food..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

I 've read a couple of reviews here that you can hear noises from outside bars especially on weekends and surprisingly we did not experience that at all, probably bec. I mentioned/requested it specifically during reservation since we have an infant with us we prefer a quite room with king size bed. We stayed at 32nd floor, a deluxe room with king size bed and we had a great time, my baby slept well and enjoy the location since there is an access to Eastwood mall at 2nd floor.

The only negative comment I could give is that the breakfast buffet wasn't good, the sausage was hard and overcooked very amateur, at 8:00am you would see a couple of empty chafing dish already, you still need to advise the chef (The one cooking the eggs) to refill, they should be more attentive.

Few days before our vacation date a promo came out without the breakfast buffet at Php3,500 nett and I paid for around P4,500 per night with breakfast and it is not worth an additional thousand bucks per day.

Overall I would consider staying again without breakfast.

Room Tip: Specifically request for a quiet room for a better sleep.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Anyabear

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

I am still staying with Richmonde eastwood, although everything is good one thing i want the management to fix is the internet connection. Its is very patchy, unpredictable and keeps on disconnecting. One more thing, i find it really restrictive for only allowing one computer to connect to one account. This is a business hotel and please expect your guests to work at their rooms everyday and be connected with their offices around the world. If you connected with your personal computer, you cant connect anymore with your company pc, nor with your blackberry/iphones. In this world where connection is a MUST, this is such a waste to discredit this hotel due to this draconian policy, we understand you need to make money out of the internet, its fine, our companies will pay. But after payment, please make sure your service is on tip top shape. P500(US$13) a day is already expensive and still you get this kind of service. I am now contemplating to move to another hotel if this affects the way I can conduct my business. I am one of the long staying guests here and I have repeatedly called your One service and they seem to shun away when we talk about technology support.

The nice things about this hotel will always be overshadowed by this faulty ruling. I hope this can be rectified for future stays. I am sending a recommendation to my company to take out this hotel from the preferred list of hotels...its not upto standard of what a business hotel should have.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank TravelerSingap0re

Travellers are raving about these Quezon City hotels

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

This hotel is new and modern, in a good location near to shops and restaurants with a lovely entrance and lobby. The staff are also friendly and helpful.

However, it has a number of downsides which are quite significant. Firstly, the air conditioning in the room is extremely noisy - it is the noisiest of any 3/4* hotel I have ever stayed in, and considering that it is relatively new, this is quite surprising. The unit is not centralised, is a split unit and is inside the bedroom. The noise makes it difficult to sleep and in Manila it is too warm to sleep without it on.

Secondly, the wi-fi is not free. And even though I did pay for it, the connection was slow and signal weak. Also, you can only use it on one device so it is not possible to connect laptop and iphone to wi-fi. I don't think decent business oriented hotels should charge for wifi, but if they do you should at least be able to connect more than one device.

The shower water pressure was okay, but the water temperature was inconsistent.

So overall, although a clean and friendly hotel, I would not recommend it if you want a good night's sleep or are travelling for business.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank KPTLondon
Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

The hotel is newly constructed, so the rooms are crisp and modern, the housekeeping staff eager and friendly, and bathroom facilities excellent.

If you like noisy bars and restaurants, then this is your hotel, as it is right in the middle of the Eastwood complex, which has a vibrant, exuberant nightlife. On the other hand, if you are after a good night's sleep on weekends, this is not the place. Even in a room at one of the higher floors, you can hear the loud band music playing at top volume until the early morning; very bothersome and annoying.

Food establishments are open 24/7, all within walking distance. Just as well, since the food in the hotel restaurant was awful, which was disappointing since Richmonde's other hotel in the Ortigas business district has very good food.

A final point: because Eastwood is located right at the bank of the polluted Pasig River, the entire Eastwood area often has a sewer-like smell, and you can smell this at the hotel, as well, even if the property is very new.

All told, unless you need to stay in Eastwood for business reasons, there are much better hotels for the same price, in better locations.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ahmlaw
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

We stayed here overnight and here are my 2 cents:

PROS:
> The lobby looked great
> Very warm treatment by the staff
> The room, the bed, the bathroom - they were all very very nice.
> The pool and the gym was superb
> The Spa at the 2nd floor. Again, AT THE 2ND FLOOR - isn't this great? ^_^

CONS:
> The air-con was a bit misplaced. It was airing directly at the head side of the bed.
> The TV was wall mounted. Can't move it . Too high
> The breakfast food was so-so

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Angel T
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 4,107 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

Arriving at 0800 from an early morning international flight, I was fairly tired and hence pleased that after obtaining a light breakfast elsewhere, the hotel staff kindly checked me in at 9.40am even though in theory this was not meant to occur until 2pm.

I had booked through www.asiatravel.com 'Crazy Rate' for Quezon City which including taxes came to about P3600 a night, better than obtainable elsewhere.

The lift was fast to the 31st floor.

The hallways are in a burnt orange carpet not unlike Elan Modern Hotel in Greenhills.

The room was a reaosnable (though not huge size) with an extremely comfortable Queen sized bed, modern light fittings and switches, a plasma television with an excellent range of channels, a good work chair and desk along with a single light green lounge chair.

The joinery was of excellent quality. The room had good blackout curtains and an excellent view across to Ortigas Center.

The rainshower over bath worked well.

Hanging space in the wardrobe was good.

The breakfast downstairs in the cafe was of the usual buffet style with a very good range including an egg station. I asked for and receivede fresh mango although it was not on display. There was a goodly number of pastries, yoghurt both in Nestle tubs and small glasses, a large number of breads and fresh fruit, along with half a dozen or more hot dishes.

Unfortunately we had a room with an interconnecting door. The first night, a man talked loudly on the phone in the room next door while on the third night, a Filipino family's child was a bit noisy. The sound transmission through these interconnecting doors needs muting.

The hotel is connected to Eastwood City Mall which became busy on Saturday night but was otherwise pretty quiet. Look for the gourmet goods being sold around the second floor escalators.

There is a huge range of eateries nearby. Try thr Somethin' Fishy P525 per head nightly buffet!

The hotel had a good swimming pool on the 39th floor (access via the central lift only, not the side lifts) and a great gym with a good range of equipment (better for instance than Traders Manila). There was also a small sauna in good working order.

The hotel was full on the Friday night that we stayed but otherwise was at between 48 and 0 per cent occupancy.

This hotel is classy and recommended. The staff were all pleasant and apart from the noise from the next room, I did not have any problems.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Victorianlad
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

We booked the Eastwood Richmonde Hotel through AsiaTravel's Crazy Rate for my last night in Manila. It was a new hotel and we wanted to try it out.

I arrived at the hotel at around 3:30 in the afternoon and was immediately impressed with the lobby. It looked new and the lounge was elegant.

When I tried to check in, I was informed that the room was not yet ready which surprised me cause it was already quite late and since I was the only guest in the lobby, it didn't seem busy. I was made to wait for about 10 minutes.

When the front desk staff finally handed me my keys, I was told that I have a free welcome drink. Um...you should have given me that drink while I was waiting for the room to be ready.

I asked about wifi and I was told that I have to pay for it (500pesos a day). This was a major deal breaker because at this day and age, when even McDonald's has free wifi, to simply charge exorbitant fees for it is unacceptable. Also, the website is quite misleading, if you check below, only the ones with the asterisk are chargeable and Wired and Wi-Fi Access are not included.

Lastly, you can only use the wifi on one device, either your phone or your laptop and the worse thing about it is that it's spotty and slow.

Anyway, when I went up to the 37th floor, I asked the concierge about the lower floors and was told that they are residential floors. The elevator opened up to a mirrored lobby.

The reason for the mirrors is the very narrow hallway that also smelled a bit funky.

I was given the farthest room possible where signal is a problem. Since I was waiting for my friend whose coming to the hotel from work and didn't know where Eastwood was, I had to wait in the hallway just to be able to send and receive messages.

I asked to be transferred to another room since it was really quite a hassle and was told that they'll call me back. I never heard back from them.

The room itself, while small, was okay.I especially liked that even the cheaper priced rooms have an iPod dock.

I did have to ask for an ironing board and I found it weird that the water glasses are placed on the bottom drawer by the floor. Also, the airconditioner blows directly to your head even if you adjust the aircon flaps.

The bathroom was simple. The tub has a large bath mat which would deter anyone from using it as a tub.

The towels while fluffy is short. My towels at home are larger.

As for breakfast, I asked for coffee and was given one with a fly swimming in it. I showed it to the staff who took it without any apology. He picked up the same coffee pot and asked me if I still wanted one. I guess they're used to things like this happening often.

Checking out of the hotel was quite troublesome as well. They charged me for airport transfers which I didn't use. The front desk manager did apologize for the inconvenience which made me happy. It was the first time I heard someone apologize for all the hassle that they put me through.

Overall, I wouldn't be staying at that hotel unless it's free. Unless you have business at Eastwood, the location is not really accessible. You'd be better off at other hotels in Ortigas.

You can check out the pictures here: http://bauerfan.blogspot.com/2011/07/eastwood-richmonde-hotel.html

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator banks
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank Carlo617
adioso, Public Relations Manager at Eastwood Richmonde Hotel, responded to this review, 6 July 2011
We truly appreciate your candidness in your review of our hotel. All feedback from our guests are welcome as these enable us to identify areas for improvement. We sincerely regret that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. Please be assured that management shall take into serious consideration your comments and shall address service lapses accordingly. Despite your decision not to return to the hotel, we hope you would reconsider visiting us again when business or leisure brings you back to Manila so we may be able to present to you the high quality products and services we aim to provide all our guests.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quezon City
Richmonde Hotel Ortigas
B Hotel Quezon City
B Hotel Quezon City
#2 of 63 in Quezon City

Been to Eastwood Richmonde Hotel? Share your experiences!