“1 night stay to visit relatives”

Eastwood Richmonde Hotel
Ranked #16 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Reviewed 3 June 2012

For us the hotel was quite expenisve, as we had come from 2-3 star hotels in the rest of SE Asia, and to be honest we expected the Philipines to be a comparable price or cheaper than the rest of SE Asia.

As we were visiting relatives who live round the corner we decided to take the plunge and stay at the Eastwood Richmonde - there are not really any other hotels close by.

1st impressions of the hotel were excellent and I was excited to stay here, as I havent stayed in a 4-5 star hotel before.

However, check in was pretty slow, especially as I had already paid for the room via Expedia. Apparently we received a room upgrade - but I do not know the differences between the room that we paid for and the room that we stayed in!

We were staying on the 34th floor which I think is a bonus as it is very quiet up there.

The hotel is attached to a shopping mall with all sorts of restaurants for you to choose from. The mall was open to 10-11pm even on a Sunday, so there is plenty to do (well shopping, eating & drinking!) in the vicinity of the hotel.

Whilst waiting for our relatives in the hotel foyer, our one comment was that they hotel could do with a bar for hotel patrons.

For me the room was 'wow' and I was like a child trying out all the gadgets. The ipod dock is a nice touch and for the 1st time in 3 weeks we could actually listen to music through speakers!

Breakfast - offered us the best choice of our trip so far - large choice of western and asian options. Oh and there were doughnuts and chocolate muffins!

There is a pool on the roof and I am disappointed not to have had a chance to use it.

Would I stay here again - hell yeah!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cuthbert_the_octopus

Reviewed 24 May 2012

My assistant stayed in this hotel to attend a seminar held in the same hotel. I could not get hold of the person assigned to take care of the reservations for the seminar attendees (someone called Iza) so i booked a room for my asistant through the hotel website wherein a certain amount was charged to my credit card to guarantee the booking.

A couple of weeks later, someone called me, allegedly from the hotel, and asked for my credit card number as they needed a credit card guarantee. I thought this was extremely suspicious because i had previously paid through their website. Hmmmm. then the person hemmed and hawwed and said she had to verify the reservation as she did not have any record. what the???

any way, i did not give my credit card number and that was that.

2 days before my assistant was to fly to manila, i once again called the hotel to ask how much they were requiring as a security deposit as i will be sending an allowance with my assistant and i wanted to make sure she had enough to cover her expenses. "Iza" told me that they only required a P2,000 security deposit. I asked if that was for both days that my assistant would be staying or for each night? And Iza said that would be the security deposit in its entirety.

when my assistant arrived there, lo and behold, she was asked for a security deposit of P4,000!!!! It's a good thing i gave my assistant a few extra thousands or she would not have any money left for cab fare!!!!

to make matters worse, this hotel DOES NOT have free wifi, not even to hotel staying AND paying GUESTS!!! They charge P500 per day which is equivalent to one month subscription to the local internet service. Even their BUSINESS CENTER (which in other hotels is free for guests), they charge P150 for 30 minutes internet browsing. The other seminar attendees were complaining about the same thing.

my assistant could not sleep because of the constant noise from all the construction ongoing around the hotel. And for a new hotel, the iPod docks did NOT work.

This hotel is HIGHWAY ROBBERY in disguise!!! STAY AWAY!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank ging b
adioso, Public Relations Manager at Eastwood Richmonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

The management of Eastwood Richmonde Hotel deeply regret the inconveniences you and your assistant experienced upon booking and staying with us. After our careful investigation of your claims, we were able to deduce the persons involved in your review and learned the following:

1.) The organizer of the seminar had arranged with the hotel to provide special discounted rates for its attendees provided a minimum number of rooms were booked. Moreover, attendees were advised by the organizer to make their reservations directly through the Sales Account Manager tasked to handle the group.

2.) When you made your booking with our Sales Account Manager, she immediately made a reservation under your name but was still unable to confirm your rate as the minimum number of bookings still had not been reached.

3.) Our Sales Account Manager sent you a text message thereafter, saying your reservation had already been arranged, but was still unable to send a formal confirmation letter due to the pending group rate.

4.) All the while the hotel was under the impression that you were one who would be attending the seminar since the original booking was under your name. It is unfortunate that our Sales Account Manager had no knowledge that your assistant would be attending in your place and that you had already made a booking under your assistant’s name through the hotel’s website.

5.) Since bookings made through our website go directly to our reservations system, our Sales Account Manager was unaware of the reservation you made for your assistant and that she will be attending the seminar instead. Because of this, no link was identified between your online booking and the seminar attendees.

6.) You are correct that the booking you made through our website is already guaranteed. Please be assured that we do not ask for additional guarantees for online bookings, however, our Sales Department called you for a credit card guarantee not because of your website booking which was under your assistant’s name, but because of your original reservation. Your assistant’s booking through our website was treated independently from the booking under your name. It was only when you mentioned to our Sales staff that you made a reservation online for your assistant did we know about this matter.

7.) Our standard deposit is really P2,000 per night and we believe this was the advice of our Sales Account Manager in reference to your original booking which was for one night. We apologize if this was not made clear.

With regard to your other concerns about the wi-fi charges and fees for the use of the Business Center, unfortunately this is currently the hotel’s standard. We shall take note of your comments for reconsideration. We shall also take the necessary steps to address the problem regarding the out of order iPod dock.

Again, we are sorry that your experience with us was less than satisfactory and that you received the impression that the hotel is not to be trusted. We hope that we were able to clear the matter regarding your reservation mix-up and that you will still provide us with the opportunity to serve you again.

Thank you.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

On the way from the airport, nearing the hotel I was becoming concerned about the neighborhood my hotel was in. However, once we reached the hotel it was in a nice are. The hotel looks great and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The front desk does run a little slow, but I was never in a hurry. The room was spacious and very comfortable. I had a great view of the city from my balcony. The hotel is also situated right in the middle of shopping and dining, so there is always something to do. I was going to stay at the Sofitel, but a friends convinced me this was a good place to stay. I must agree with their advice.
Because of traffic, you are anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half from the airport. It is not because it is a great distance, but more because of traffic, so keep that in mind. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank AnAmerican-in-Saudi
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights because our house is being fumigated. We chose this hotel because it is close to our home & there's a mall beside it. I don't know what it is with filipinos but when we drove through the driveway to the lobby & got out no one even assisted us. Is it because we're also filipino so we can't stay in our hotels? We had to tell them we were staying at the hotel before anyone even assisted us. We couldn't leave our car because they were short on staff. It was a really disappointing first impression. Check-in was a bit slow & to think my in-laws already checked us in. We just have to get the keys & sign some papers. Our room was huge. Don't be deceived as they have rooms that are smaller. Our room was bigger than my in-laws' room & the price is just the same. It's in the angle of the building. Nice lcd tv though. The bathroom was big but I don't like that they have a tub where you take a shower in that you have to get on to. It was a bit too high. What if an older person is taking a shower there. That person will have a hard time getting on that. The breakfast buffet was superb! There was a lot of selection. They have a small pool on the higher floors as well as a fitness center which was pretty nice. I would probably go back again but I do hope they improve their service.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank KayC18
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We truly regret that your first time with us was not completely satisfactory. Rest assured that we shall look into the concerns you raised about the attentiveness and efficiency of our staff. Such service is definitely not the hotel’s standard and we appreciate feedback from valued guests such as yourself to help us improve our services. Regarding our bathtub, we shall likewise evaluate how we can further enhance its safety features.

Again, thank you and we hope to get the chance to serve you again!

Reviewed 15 May 2012

We stayed here for our wedding anniversary last February. Room was clean and comfortable. It has a good view of Eastwood City. Bathroom's got all the basic toiletries and while in the tub, you can still see the room as they got blinds on the glass window you can pull up or down to have a view. Location is great, all nearby restaurants and bars are within reach. Checking in and out can be a hassle, though. Some staff at the frontdesk are not so friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank islandhopperrr
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Thank you for celebrating your special day with us! We are glad that you enjoyed most of your stay. We, however, regret that you experienced some snags at our Front Desk. We have already addressed the issue regarding the pace and conduct of our staff. Hopefully on your next stay your visit will be completely enjoyable and more than satisfactory.

We sincerely appreciate your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 10 May 2012

I stayed in Eastwood Richmonde twice this year and I found my stay to be really nice. I like the fact that it's next to a mall (which closes late) and right along C5 Road. At the same time, I also loved how spacious the room was, including the bathroom! The beds were also very comfortable and I definitely had a good night's sleep. What I didn't appreciate much though was the shower area. There was no shelf where I could place my shampoo and other toiletries while inside. There was not even a soapdish of some sort. I found it very convenient while showering. And to think this is a fine hotel.

In terms of service, checking in and out was not as easy nor fast as I expected. I kind of felt the front desk team didn't have a sense of urgency given the fact that is more of a business hotel than a vacation hotel. But in terms of room service and all, since they do have butler service, it was all good.

As for food, I only tried their breakfast spread. It was okay. I found everything good. The basics were there--bread, omelet station, juices, etc. But nothing extra ordinary.

To sum it all up, the stay was a bit more average because of the convenience the location gives and that they have nice rooms. I would probably stay there again, but that would largely be because of its location.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Carics
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I am currently halfway of my month long stay here (on business). I am from the US but have traveled internationally on a few occasions. The initial reaction from entering the lobby is amazing. Very open, and very elegant. The staff is very friendly and is there to accommodate your every need. The problem is the rooms. This hotel has the look of a five star but in reality is a 2-3 star.

Their selling points in the room are: Ipod docking station, LCD TV, dvd player, mini fridge, elegant bed, and space. The docking station that I have in the room doesn't work. The LCD TV is okay. The DVD Player (as is the case in foreign countries) is region specific. The mini-fridge is a nice touch (but rather have a little more room so I can store water). The bed is fairly comfortable (i've haven't had an issue with falling asleep on it).

My main concerns for this hotel are the following: Wifi (why do I have to pay for this?), The room in general (wallpaper coming apart, desk has so many scratches and looks cheap, the shower's odd draining, the pseudo cabinets near the windows, again looks cheap).

As is most of the buildings in the area, they try to conserve energy by not using the AC in places not needed. So, the elevators and hallways do NOT have AC. This isn't bad during the nights but during the days, the AC should be on. The country is fairly warm to hot on a yearly basis. The AC in the room is fine (i have to routinely turn it off as it gets quite cold).

The room service is not too bad. The food is inconsistent. I had ordered identical salads for lunch and dinner. The initial salad was terrific, however; at dinner, it was cheaply made (lettuce rotting, dressing sparse). This is supposed to be an elegant hotel but if you cant have consistency in the food, then why bother.

I've been without hot water for two days now. They state it's due to a plumbing issue. They haven't offered to place me in a different room or provide me hot water (shave, etc). I have had to call the front desk for this several times.

Personally, I would rather stay the shangri la, but the office is just a few minutes from this hotel.

In conclusion, the hotel is okay. Just don't expect a five star hotel experience. This is ONLY a 2-3 star hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank obrassmunki
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

On behalf of the management of the hotel, kindly accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. Please be advised that we have taken note of your comments regarding the state of your room, the inconsistencies in our food products and the engineering issues that affected your comfort. More importantly, we have reminded our staff regarding the proper procedures in handling breakdowns of guest room facilities to ensure the continued wellbeing of guests. We completely understand your disappointment when we were unable to transfer you immediately to another room. Kindly be assured that this is not the standard of our hotel and we have taken the necessary steps to ensure that this does not happen again.

With regard to the wi-fi charges, unfortunately, like in most hotels in Manila, this is the current standard at Richmonde. Nevertheless, we shall take your comment into serious consideration.

Although your stay with us was less than satisfactory, we do hope that you will grant us the opportunity to serve you again so we may provide you with the distinctly personal and enjoyable Richmonde experience, which we aim to offer all our guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Quezon City
The Cocoon Boutique Hotel
#1 of 63 in Quezon City
Richmonde Hotel Ortigas
Microtel by Wyndham UP Technohub

Been to Eastwood Richmonde Hotel? Share your experiences!