“Beautiful Hotel”

Ranked #14 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Wollongong, Australia
“Beautiful Hotel”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Had a wonderful stay in March 2012. From the beautiful lobby, restaurants and rooms, I could not fault how wonderful this hotel is. Had friends come for lunch before the rest of my party arrived and the food was wonderful and reasonably priced. Very close to outside restaurants and shopping, which the girls enjoyed. Wonderful night's rest was had each night and highly recommended hotel

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Scott B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Manila
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Located inside Eastwood City in Libis, along C5 road. Basically, Eastwood City is a small community where everything you need is just around the corner.

Stayed in Richmonde for 2 night and I enjoyed every minute of my stay. There were restaurants everywhere. Chinese, Japanese, Greek, Italian, American, Filipino, name it, they have it! They also have some restaurants that are open 24hrs. Night life was also fun! Met a lot of people who lives in Eastwood.

This hotel has an awesome location either for business or leisure.

1 Thank BMan888
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 August 2012

It is located near many restaurants. Pick a country and chances are you can find the food of that country nearby. You will not be bored with the same food if you are stuck for a while.
The room is average and the service is just average, not very consistent. They do not refill your complimentary coffee and tea everytime. The staff are generally helpful. I think it is more to do with the good natured people of the country. They have increased their prices and start to charge more since there are not many similar options around there.

1 Thank Michael Y
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Hi,

I've been staying here for a month already.

Everything would be ok if I stayed for a day or two.
But considering the time I'm spending here and the fact I'm on a business trip makes me feel sad about the hotel.

I need the fast internet every day. I have net meetings, conferences, whatever e-v-e-r-y day. I need fast internet connection. It seems Richmode is stuck in 199x when the fast internet was a luxury. Guys, why? I was out of internet connection for 2 days for this month! The rest of the time the internet speed was so slow, that I couldn't even talk thru Skype, though it doesn't require fantastic speed. Switch to another provider, provide your customers with USB modems, do whatever needed, but we live in 2012! This affects your reputation very badly.

2 Thank gaageneral
adioso, Public Relations Manager at Eastwood Richmonde Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
On behalf of the management of Eastwood Richmonde Hotel, I would like to express our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your extended stay with us due to problems with your internet connection. The erratic connectivity and speed of the internet has been brought to the attention of our service provider and the resolution of this very important matter is being closely monitored by the hotel. We expect marked improvement in internet services very soon.

Again, we deeply regret if this issue has marred your entire stay. We truly hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Quezon City hotels

melbourne
Reviewed 18 July 2012

my husband and i stayed 2 nights here in an one bedroom suite and loved it.
this is a 5 star hotel in my opinion. even the room service menu is 5 star.
we got a really good deal on the net.
our room was spotless, modern furnishings and spacious. a big lcd tv and comfy couch. big bedroom(best sleep ever in a hotel) with flat screen tv, lots of windows so nice and bright. it was a room you wanted to spend time in which i think says a lot about a hotel! i think we were on the 37th floor
the location of the hotel was fantastic. the hotel is in a very nice part of manila possibly a more business district which we loved because there was no hassle,plenty of shopping and it was just really nice and clean.
its attached a great shopping mall and surrounded by many restaurants and other shops.
the hotel also has a great bar and really impressive lobby area
only negative (or positive depending on if you smoke or not) is there are no smoking area's anywhere. you can stand out the front of the hotel but there are no ashtrays or seats so its quite uncomfortable.
but all in all we really enjoyed our stay here and if we return to manila i would only stay here.

Room Tip: the one bedroom suite is fantastic and a corner room
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sunlover76Melbourne
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Here are some of the problems with this hotel:

- Internet is expensive and is limited to a single person. You must use a purchased login ID and password to get past the firewall. Then when you do, the bandwidth is so severely throttled back that you can't even watch a three minute YouTube video. It constantly stalls every 10 seconds and won't complete. Having complained to the management that this was a huge problem for me on an earlier business stay, I was promised that it was better now. They told me that a new high-speed line had been added to double the speed. Either they lied to me, or the line is not the problem but the proxy server is... In any case, I feel cheated. They obviously don't understand the needs of their business clientele.

- Rooms are barely acceptable in the cleanliness department. Things appear to be clean on the surface, but you can smell the mold and mildew every uptime you come into the room. If you put any clothing down on any of the closet shelves they will have black streaks of dirt on them when you pick them up. There was an occasion after a particularly wild rain storm that I had to have them come to the room to deal with a lot of water dripping into the room from the air conditioning unit. I was amazed to see all of the filth and mold inside the air unit when they took the cover off. No wonder it smells so bad when you first turn it on. And the worst part of it was that they didn't even bother to clean it up while they had it open. They simply closed it back up and left it that way, dirty smudge handprints now covering the outside if the unit and all.

- Staff: someone has taught the staff that Good Service is comprised of a big smile and a "Hello, sir!". While this is nice, if not a bit insincere, it would be better if you could ask for something a little out of the ordinary and get a cheerful response, as opposed to a response that feels like you're either intruding on their routine or that they fear if they help you out they will be punished (unless they can charge you extra, of course -- it's not like that cup of peppermint tea at breakfast instead of their terrible, sour coffee is going to bankrupt the hotel). The cleaning staff also seems to be totally unaware that people check into a hotel for a place to SLEEP. They merrily bump and bang things around in the hallway and the room next door, loudy discuss whatever is on their mind with their co-workers, and yell out the now familiar "Hello, sir! When they see you exit your room since you can't sleep anyway.

And what about the food service? Where do I start? My vegetarian colleagues can barely find anything on the menu that is appropriate. The only consolation for them is that there's not a whole lot that's good for us carnivores either. When you do find something you like the prices, small portions, and slow delivery will send you running to McDonalds instead.

Breakfast Buffet: admittedly, as an American my tastes are quite different than the typical Asian citizen. I can't pretend to know if the quality of the local or Asian area breakfast foods are well prepared or are tasty; however, when it comes to scrambled eggs, give me a break! How about turning up the heat a bit on that grill and cooking in a LOT less oil? I don't think anyone is enjoying the COLD, mushy, undercooked scrambled eggs that are swimming in so much olive oil that they have a green tinge to them. Bacon is meant to be 'crispy' not hard like slices of wood. Hash browned potatoes should not be so over cooked that you crack a tooth on them. The pancakes are good, but please don't look at me like I am stealing your heirloom silver when I take the last two of the three you put out there. And aren't we in a tropical country? So why does the fresh fruit taste like... Well... Like nothing? Hard, unripe, bland fruit makes me feel like I'm back home. Not what I expected in the Philippines.

Well, you get the idea. So if I don't like it here why do I stay? Why do I keep coming back? Corporate politics. My company negotiated rates and likes us close bt for 'safety' reasons. Convenience. Both company locations are within two minutes walking distance. But! Keep making me regret staying here, and keep lying to me about how you've worked out the issues, Richmonde management, and I might just pick up my whole crew and work out a better deal down the street!

Room Tip: The suites are better if you want room to relax without just laying on the bed all the time.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Wizardgate
, Public Relations Manager at Eastwood Richmonde Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2012
On behalf of the management of Eastwood Richmonde Hotel, please accept our sincerest regrets for the inconveniences you experienced while with us. We greatly appreciate your taking the time to bring to our attention the problems you encountered during your visits. Admittedly, the improvement of our services and facilities is a continuous process but we fully understand the importance of the immediate resolution of matters pertaining to cleanliness, food standards and internet connection. Please be assured that we have implemented even stricter measures to ensure the superior quality service provided by our engineering, housekeeping, and food & beverage departments, including our wi-fi provider. Your issues regarding the rates of our wi-fi access, vegetarian menu selections, beverage extra charges, employee courtesy, and discretion of the housekeeping attendants while at the floors, are closely being looked into as well.

As with all our guests, we would like keep our corporate clients as satisfied as possible. Thus, we would be very grateful if we can discuss with you and your company sponsor the problems you encountered at the hotel and express to you personally our dedication to working towards completely addressing your concerns.

Again, thank you and we look forward to meeting with you soon.
Basingstoke
Reviewed 3 June 2012

For us the hotel was quite expenisve, as we had come from 2-3 star hotels in the rest of SE Asia, and to be honest we expected the Philipines to be a comparable price or cheaper than the rest of SE Asia.

As we were visiting relatives who live round the corner we decided to take the plunge and stay at the Eastwood Richmonde - there are not really any other hotels close by.

1st impressions of the hotel were excellent and I was excited to stay here, as I havent stayed in a 4-5 star hotel before.

However, check in was pretty slow, especially as I had already paid for the room via Expedia. Apparently we received a room upgrade - but I do not know the differences between the room that we paid for and the room that we stayed in!

We were staying on the 34th floor which I think is a bonus as it is very quiet up there.

The hotel is attached to a shopping mall with all sorts of restaurants for you to choose from. The mall was open to 10-11pm even on a Sunday, so there is plenty to do (well shopping, eating & drinking!) in the vicinity of the hotel.

Whilst waiting for our relatives in the hotel foyer, our one comment was that they hotel could do with a bar for hotel patrons.

For me the room was 'wow' and I was like a child trying out all the gadgets. The ipod dock is a nice touch and for the 1st time in 3 weeks we could actually listen to music through speakers!

Breakfast - offered us the best choice of our trip so far - large choice of western and asian options. Oh and there were doughnuts and chocolate muffins!

There is a pool on the roof and I am disappointed not to have had a chance to use it.

Would I stay here again - hell yeah!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria
Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria
#5 of 63 in Quezon City
Richmonde Hotel Ortigas

Been to Eastwood Richmonde Hotel? Share your experiences!