“Good Service and Location”

Eastwood Richmonde Hotel
Ranked #16 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Stayed for 2 nights on a weekend in November 2013 to coincide with an event we were having at the hotel. First of all, the location of this hotel is unbeatable. It's right within the Eastwood Mall with all the convenience a traveller can have: supermarket across the street, eating places galore and tons of things to entertain oneself within walking distance. Best of all, you feel secured since no public transportation goes inside this area except for Taxis and the presence of security in and around the vicinity. The hotel breakfast buffet was fantastic: wide selection, made to order dishes and clean and cozy ambience. As for the room, we were upgraded to a suite and that was an added perk! The suite was huge (dining table, living room, bedroom) and had a spectacular view.

Our event was very successful and the food and service was superb. I would surely go back to this hotel and recommend it to friends and family. I felt well rested and taken cared of while staying here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I live about 500 metres from this hotel and today I decided to check in because the paint fumes in my condo are too strong. I checked the pricing online so I knew what Agoda and their own website were offering. At 11:20pm, I walked into the hotel and spoke to Roda at the desk. I asked could I have a room with breakfast, at the rate I had seen online. I was told this was not possible. Roda later informed me this was a management decision of Crystal.

After a few chances for her to change her mind, I opened my laptop and booked the room via Agoda before asking to check in. The price they "could not match" was achieved with a whole lot of effort on my part and Agoda taking a cut of what could gone entirely to the hotel.

The thing I hate is that the hotel would gladly have had a vacant room, just to get a few extra pesos out of unsuspecting customers. It leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and a feeling that I was almost scammed.

What could have been a positive experience became an extremely negative one.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed in the hotel for for 9 nights earlier this month. Located in a bustling shopping and entertainment area in the Quezon City area, therefore plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from, but trying too hard to be like the US. A very secure area with a lot of guards placed around both the City Walk area and the shopping mall. The hotel itself has a good reception area with the rooms on the upper floors of the tower with the pool on the roof. Biggest problem was that musty smell you get with too much air conditioning making things feel damp to the touch. Only one power outlet available at the desk area, a bit restrictive for today's travelling business person with their several mobile devices. Too many ants crawling around the desk area for my liking, a problem that needs to be addressed. Breakfast was really good with a great choice available of local and international items. The beds were really comfortable. Overall a good place to stay if in the area for business or pleasure. However, some details need taken care of, particularly for the longer stay guest.

1  Thank 837DavidD837
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed 2 nights from 18th Nov - 20th Nov 2013. The reason for staying this hotel was mainly requested by our business partner which this hotel is close to their factory location.

The room was not new, with some mildew smell. the carpet, the room condition and the furniture has some dusty and mouldy smell. I read some comment here and some visitors commented that there are ants in the room - Yes, I saw the black ants crawling in the bathroom. But the most terrible is after my shower and return back to bathroom for hand washing, there is a COCKROACH on the floor! and it climbling to toilet bowl and slowly to washing basin!

It is really acceptable and sorry that I am very particular on cleanliness. Therefore I have asked to change to another room.

Anyway, the concierge and front desk were helpful and they managed to change another room for me. Also, inviting me to inspect the room before moving in. Since I do not have other choice (this is the last room that available) so I accepted the new room. I noticed they sprayed some strong air freshener before my arrival to the room. However... After somewhile, you will still get back the same odour like the first room. Anyway, I have to bear with it, as long as I will not spot COCKROACH anymore. Although I know the fact that there might be tendency of all hotel rooms are already being infested.

Overall, I do not wish to come back for this hotel again if I have a choice. Not anymore.

1  Thank yijing326
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Just spent 2 weeks at the Hotel Richmonde:

Pros:

Location: the best possible location. Eastwood city has lots to see and do, malls, coffee and even a Johnny Rockets.

Staff: staff is friendly, although not crazy friendly like the Shangri-la.

Beds: great! Comfy beds and pillows mean good nights sleep.

Cons: rough around edges. Wallpaper peeling, halls smell musty, room smells musty. Moldy caulk around tub. (How hard is it to replace caulk?)

Internet: sketchy, and costs almost $12 a day.

Certainly the best place in eastwood.... But a little competition would help them raise the game.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MrDfromSoCal
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed at the Eastwood Richmonde for 8 nights in November, in Manila for business. The location in Eastwood is comfortable with a wide selection of local dining choices; Eastwood itself is modern, if somewhat soulless. Check-in was efficient and everything was in order with my room; guest rooms are on the upper floors, shielding them somewhat from the noisy scene below on weekends, with thumping music emanating from certain venues. The room was functional and reasonably roomy; the bed was comfortable, the desk big enough to spread out one’s work, and the bathroom also reasonably sized. A minor irritation was only one outlets available for charging computers and other mobile devices, forcing me to unplug one of the bedside lamps. The independent air conditioning unit worked well, but was loud; being a light sleeper anyway, I needed to use earplugs to sleep.

Housekeeping was erratic. Some days, my room was not serviced until late in the afternoon or early evening, even though I hung the “please make up room” sign outside my door early in the morning. Some days, towels were not replaced. A side note: unlike many other hotels, there is no apparent option to re-use your bed linens or towels during the course of your stay, which seems environmentally irresponsible. Several times, shampoo and other amenities were not replaced. Once, the wastebasket was not emptied. Housekeeping fell short in some fashion seven out of my eight-night stay.

The fitness center on the 39th floor is perfectly serviceable with elliptical trainers, treadmills, a recumbent bike, free weights, and two Precor weight training set-ups. There is also a large stretching area with a mirror and mats. Filtered water is available in the fitness center. The pool is 15 m, short for lap swimming, but not impossible. Water temperature is based on weather, but comfortable for swimming during my stay. On one occasion, the door leading to the fitness center was not unlocked until 7 minutes after the 6:00 am opening time.

A breakfast buffet was included in my room price. Fresh fruit, eggs made to order, and local juices are the stars, as well as the friendly service from the egg chef. She remembered how I liked my eggs cooked after the first day, making me feel personally welcome. A variety of pastries and cold cuts is also available.

Overall, I found the Eastwood Richmonde comfortable, though the minor annoyances cumulate over an extended stay.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Last night, I was force to attend an event in Richmonde as I step off the elevator there were no warning sign nor maintenance or Janitor cleaning, I step on a pool of "PUKE" by someone else and slide across the lobby of the hotel. No hotel staff came to my assistance and what is worse the bellboys and concierge were laughing at my predicament. Such rude manners. then when I went up to the event on the 3rd floor to their so-called Ballroom, which is just the size of a board room, they could not accommodate the number of guest they promise that it could accomodate. to make matter worse the food was lousy, stale and tasteless. and the waitering staff was no better, they were so rude, ill-manner and bad tempered; when they clearly saw that the guests had no chairs to sit on they did not even offer to look for one, I had to locate chairs from a close room on the same floor to look for chair to use. and yesterday nov 16 with their location was no better traffic jam outside their hotel was HELL ON EARTH. I nearly miss the event. I don't know what they promise Symmetry on the number of people they could accommodate but I think they overstated it. and the so-called "Ballroom" was just a boardroom that could not be expand unlike other Hotels. and I was sweating inside I don't think their air-conditioning could handle such crowd people were sweating all around. this just my chapter 1 of what happen last night.

Room Tip: thread carefully when walking through their lobby you might step on a "Landmine" and slide...