“Convenience. Not for anything else.”

Eastwood Richmonde Hotel
Ranked #13 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Manila, Philippines
“Convenience. Not for anything else.”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel rooms were clean and cozy. The staff were polite and accommodating. The location is awesome being right across a supermarket and a hardware. We stayed on a weekend with 2 weddings going on so elevator movement was so slow. They shut down 3rd elevator which further slowed the elevator traffic. We had our baby with us and so we requested for a baby crib. They crib they gave us had no bassinet, and the cushion was too hard. Not good at all. Breakfast buffet was not good. The food served was same food served in a banquet we attended the night before. It's not worth 880. We've had better hotel breakfast buffets. I would recommend this for short stays. But maybe better to have breakfast outside.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank evilstepmonster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Cainta, Philippines
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed in their 2br suite for my wedding. The rooms are very nice. The staff was very helpful and really knew how to care of their guest (weddings are stressful and they were very accomodating with my wedding party). Only reason why I rated 4 instead of five because this is a very expensive hotel due to its location.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Charlene M
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed for 3 days during Easter and it was nice and convenient if you just want to do some staycation with family. It was convenient because the hotel is situated in a city where everything is there. It has its own mall, lots of restaurants to choose from. the hotel itself has gallery which has live entertainment during weekends. though during the time we stayed here it was easter, there were lots of people maybe because there were bpo centers which has its office open 24 hours. the rooms that were given to us was just ok though i had some allergic reaction probably to the sheets but on the next day after room cleaning it seems to be alright with me. they have a spacious lobby and the reception was courteous. though i already noticed that they need to renovate or do some small maintenance like paintjob and also some of their rooms need to be maintained as well. the pool is small and could get crowded. the buffe breakfast at the resto was good and has a lot of choices. the good thing is its convenience...there were lots of restos opened during the holy week so if you feel that eating at the hotel is expensive you can still go out and find somewhere else affordable. though when we had dinner at the hotels resto we noticed that their servings were good enough for two and taste good. so it really depends on your appetite. In general it was a nice staycation and would probably go back and stay again.

Room Tip: Get the deluxe room its bigger and spacious
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Manila
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Rooms are still new and bathroom is huge. The best feature of this hotel is the location! You will never be bored with everything that you'd want to try out. It's within a mini city that never sleeps and attached to several malls. We went to the weekend market within the mall, the sky jump, etc.
The downer is the reception. It took almost an hour to check in despite calling ahead of time. They also didn't understand why I was surrendering the key when leaving to go to work. The pool is small and so cold.
I didn't eat breakfast but if that fails the options for a good one are almost limitless. All in all quite a happy place to go back to.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank annarvilla
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I was staying at the Richmonde for work for 3 months (yes a long time!) and I stayed at this hotel because it's in close proximity to the office. For a hotel that claims to be of an international standard, it certainly isn't. The suite I was in was very dated with a layer of dust on all of the skirting boards so it clearly hadn't been cleaned properly in a long time.

The 2 major issues were no hot water (the solution was to leave the shower running for at least 20 mins so the water could warm up - which it didn't) and the internet connection was almost non-existent. There were lots of other little issues as well, like the buffet breakfast was not very good and the hotel staff did not really understand English so when trying to deal with the hot water issue it went nowhere. Also it is very noisy. I was on the 34th floor and there were always bands playing in the open space outside. It was like the bands were in my room it was so noisy.
The manager was on holidays and when she came back she did her best to recover the situation but said she couldn't fix the hot water or the internet.

In the end, my colleague and I moved to a different hotel. This one reminded me of Fawlty Towers! Would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank snarls85

Travellers are raving about these Quezon City hotels

Pasig, Philippines
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Checked in last Nov. 1 to November 2 with my family and cousins for a day's relaxation after visiting our departed love ones. Everything seems so perfect, very accommodating hotel staffs, nice location of the hotel which is within the vicinity of Eastwood mall where you can stroll around or dine at any finest restaurants nearby, perfect suite room for us with a nice view of the city and a very nice pool for recreation. However, there are two imperfections which we clearly noticed. First, are the not so good buffet breakfast, we happened to choose some "spoiled foods", probably reheated and we even called the attention of the staffs to take it out. Second is the super "strict regulation" on using your keys..We do understand that there are hotel policies that need to be followed but how if someone got trapped in one of the floors and forgot her/his keys..just like what had happened to one of our kids who got lost, we really freaked-out..Hope they can do something about this. But this hotel is really a nice place to stay with especially if your relatives from abroad, with foreign partner intend to visit Manila, i would definitely recommend this one due to proximity to Eastwood Mall and other finest restaurant in QC.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Stayed at this hotel during a conference. My room was on the 37th floor.

Overall, the hotel is nice, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was nicely furnished and generally well maintained. The gym was good and the staff there was helpful.
The unfortunate thing was that there were ants in the guest room. They formed a trail on the wall and from time to time there were ants crawling over my stuff. The ants were in the bathroom too.

The location was convenient, close to many restaurants and shops.

Unfortunately, City Walk in Eastwood city, which is just across the street from the hotel, plays host to some events in the night that features extremely loud music. On weekends (Friday to Sunday) these events may continue way past midnight. Even from the 37th floor I can hear the loud music and heavy bass. If I did not have ear plugs, I probably would not be able to sleep.

Internet access at the hotel costs Ps500 for 24 hours, which is expensive. A smaller hotel just across the main road from Eastwood city offers free Internet access for all guests. Yet after paying for the internet access, I was getting really poor internet service. To be fair, I think internet service in Manila is generally not fantastic. However, I would expect something better if I had to pay for it, instead of getting the same level of service as the hotel that does not charge for the service.

Overall, despite the friendly and helpful staff, I would probably not stay here for extended time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business