“Local Chinese-Filipino's favorites”

Caloocan, Philippines
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Local Chinese-Filipino's favorites”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

My family's been going here since the 80's and have been craving for their dishes every now and then. Our favorites are the fried chicken with the yummy sweet and sour sauce, shredded pork szechuan style in mantou breah, fried dumplings and hot and sour soup (for the adults) and crab and corn soup (for the kids). Some of their dishes have size options (small medium large).

It's a good place for the family to gather and have a mini-reunion. The place also has free wifi for the customers. Aircondition is a bit old and not cold, but they do have a electric fans that can cool down customers during the warm seasons

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank ChenHaiPing

Pasig, Philippines
“Going Old School at Shantung Chinese Restaurant”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Last Sunday, my eldest sister and her daughter together with my dad and brother couldn't decide on a place to eat for lunch. My brother suggested we try Shantung Restaurant in West Avenue. I knew about this place because we used to eat at the original restaurant in Echague when we kids. It has been more than 30 years since I last tasted their food and from our collective memory, we remembered it was one of our favorite restaurants when we were still kids. At first, my dad was hesitant to go to this place since he knew the cooks from the original place was long gone. But once we entered the restaurant, I could literally see his face light up because there were a lot of Chinese families having their lunch as well. We proceeded to order and we didn't even bother with the menus since we knew what we would order from the get go. We ordered hot and sour soup, shrimp balls, their signature fried chicken, and their beef with bamboo shoots and the yang chow fried rice. As we were eagerly waiting for our food, I was telling my niece the history of the place and why we loved the original place in Echague so much. The food arrived and it did not disappoint. Nostalgia crept in after the first sip of the soup and the first mouthful of the rice with the viands, it really brought back a lot of memories. The fried chicken is superb, it was not too salty and it was still juicy inside. Dare I say that the fried chicken is better than Sincerity's? Yes, I dare to state that! If you have a chance to eat at this restaurant, please take the time to do so. You will not regret it. From what I understand, the place used to be their residence. Enjoy!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Dixon T
philippines
“Best fried dumplings n fried chicken in town”
Reviewed 1 November 2012 via mobile

Ever since I was a kid I am an avid food lover of shantung , From their old location at quiapo to now at west ave q.c, Great food best fried dumplings ever in town , best fried chicken , yummy hot & sour soup , pandit canton cooked in a diff way , value for your money too !

Quezon City, Philippines
“Simply my comfort food”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Shantung has been around for many years. Ever since I was a child we always eat here.

Hot and sour soup.
Shantung fried chicken
Dumplings
Camaron rebusado

Are the specialties they have.