“Peaceful location but small servings and dry, bland pasta.”

Blacksoup Cafe + Artspace
Ranked #978 of 1,780 Restaurants in Quezon City
Description: Telephone + 63 2 435 5249
Description: Telephone + 63 2 435 5249
Rome, Italy
“Peaceful location but small servings and dry, bland pasta.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

... though when we went, it was the chef's day off (we didn't know!) so perhaps the food is better when the chef is in-residence.

We went as a group of friends and tried the nachos appetizer and had a different pasta each. Mine was their aglio et olio pasta and the spaghetti was cooked very al dente, something I didn't mind, but had so little flavor, which I did mind. I had to drown mine in Parmesan cheese and pepper to get it up to scratch. Notably, my companions also went heavy on the Parmesan and pepper and salt, so it wasn't just my pasta.

I'm guessing Blacksoup would be lovely during an art gallery exhibition or poetry performance event as it's so cozy (but not-airconditioned so if there were more people it would get very hot, very fast). But as it is, without anything else to draw you there, it's so-so.

• Visited July 2013