“Yummy Thai food”

Ranked #3 of 43 Dessert in Quezon City
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We serve authentic Thai Cusisine in a setting of perfect ambiance. We have Al Fresco , an outdoor dining area and for those who wants to have a very private dining and meetings, we have function rooms.
Davao
“Yummy Thai food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

My friend loves Thai food and really enjoyed celebrating her birthday here. We had tom yum which had shrimp and mushrooms in a just-right spicy broth, perfect with the rainy weather. The fried crablets were crisp, not oily, and not small compared to other restaurants. They were served with two dipping sauces-we generally liked the red one more than the green one. We also had pad thai which was presented beautifully in a weaved basket like egg(?) casing. The waiter graciously mixed it up for us. We opted for a green curry for our chicken curry. It was not as spicy as I thought it would be but very good.

The restaurant is located in a side street adjacent to the main street, so it's not as noisy plus there's ample parking space. The staff are very friendly and accommodating in Thaipan. They even gave my friend a red chestnut milk dessert with "Happy Bday" and a candle. Unfamiliar with it, we were reluctant to taste it at first but it turned out to be delicious.

The interiors are mostly white furniture with a few wood pieces, large mirrors and warm hanging lights. It is very homey and modern. You can eat in the airconditioned room or in the veranda (part of it is well shaded even if there is heavy rain) where there is simple but nice landscaping. Only downisde was the toilets could use more frequent cleaning as the trash bin was full and toilet paper was strewn all over and beside it. Overall it's a great place to go for near-authentic Thai food.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kaye214

Philippines
“4th time and still very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

We are back in the Philippines and decided to bring my eldest daughter and my first grandchild to Thaipan. She wanted to try People's Palace but I told her I wanted her to try out Thaipan first. She loved it! She got the hot and sour soup for starters and we also got the spring rolls. She was really impressed. Even our 14 month old baby loved the rice with the Tom kHa gai soup. We were all impressed with the service of our waiter. My eldest worked in a jean George restaurant in New York and she said that the waiter was really very good with his craft. The owner was there and she went from table to table and that was good customer service. As always the pomelo salad and the takoh cake was the best.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank sugarandpups
Quezon City, Philippines
“Great Thai Food Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

Old houses in Timog Avenue-Tomas Morato area are now being converted to restaurants and Thaipan is one of them. The restaurant is clean and the layout is ok. Kinda give you a homy feeling. The waiters are knowledgeable about their product and readily gives suggestions to fit your taste. The saying that don't order what you cannot read/pronounce right is not applicable in this restaurant, just take a chance since most of it taste great!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Miner_DMS91
Manila
“All smiles”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

First time we ate here was with my family...from the parking attendant to receptionist and waiters...everyone's friendly, approachable and have good suggestions on food....the training's good, but most of all the food they serve taste like authentic Thai...so if anyone's looking for a good Thai food and a relax ambience this is the perfect place....good place to date too...haha =)

second time i came here was reunion with my high school friends, and too my surprise the staffs remembers me, and gave us a satisfying meal and service that my friends enjoyed.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Zej26
manila
“A great discovery in QC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

We found out about Thaipan Restaurant when we were looking for a place to hold my sister's birthday dinner last week. Search criteria: nice ambience but relaxed, good food, reasonable prices. Happy to report that this restaurant met all 3 criteria.

As we were a big group, we were worried about food timing, but this was not a problem at all. The staff were very attentive.

I will definitely go back.

• Visited January 2013