“Reasonable and Convenient”

Maya Residence Inn
Maya Residence Inn
Ranked #8 of 37 Quezon City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I checked into their suite since the regular rooms are somewhat small. The bed is slightly above average. I enjoyed the location since it's close to malls and far enough from the crowded areas. They gave us vouchers per night stayed for the coffee shop and the adjacent restaurant. The employees are nice but not well trained. The rooms are kept relatively clean each day we stayed. Parking is never a problem since the security guard always saves a spot for us. Overall, If you're budget minded, this would be the best place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 December 2013

In the middle of Quezon city but in a quiet neighborhood. Rooms are clean and staff are friendly. There's a nice coffeeshop downstairs and some good restaurants you can also order for room service. Rooms are quiet, cool, and cozy.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2013

we tried staying at Maya Residence Inn since early July of 2013. There is no free breakfast or coupon for the breakfast. Also, there is a front desk clerk (a lady) who misbehaves. She pouts if you use your Senior Citizen Card, and even if there is a vacant standard room for two pax, they offer you a Suite room. Maybe, this is a way for them to get earn more from clients. We noticed that they do not also issue Receipts.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vilma A
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This place is a nice and practical place to stay when you are in Manila. I made my reservation via email and the reservation officer was quick to reply on my queries and my reservation was made right away. The standard room was spacious enough and the bed is big. Facilities are well maintained. The staff are so accommodating and friendly. It feels like home staying there even for just one night. I really received great value for such a very affordable price of P1,800.00 for the standard room. Except for the TV remote which I had a hard time in browsing the channels. I will definitely stay in this place again whenever I'm in Manila.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Hinata2013
Reviewed 9 June 2013

My family stayed for a week, and we thought we had a good deal because we got 5 percent off the total for paying cash. Room was okay, although it seems the bathroom has not been well-kept (a bit of mildew around the corners). You had to pay for extra cleaning during the day, and for room service whenever they get you ice or other requests (the room we stayed in had no fridge). They do give you P200 vouchers for every 24-hour stay, which costs P1800, which you can use at the attached establishments: a cafe and two restaurants.

Room has LCD TV and cable, but reception is very very bad, because of the analog signal, which is shared with all other rooms. If you like the occasional entertainment (or if you are bringing kids fond of watching cartoons), then you will be disappointed.

While they account for your stay in 12 or 24 hour increments, sadly, the inn does not have a flexible policy. I had to extend for an extra 12 hours, but when I was about to check out nearing the end of the last 12 hours, I informed the front desk that we were just packing up and getting ready to go. I was about 30 mins or so late in finishing, and they charged me for the entire 24 hours instead of 12, which meant an extra 400 pesos. I was told they could no longer adjust the billing because they already keyed it into the system.

My kids loved the place, though, as it was at the heart of the city and it was easy to travel to key destinations in Quezon City. And I decided not to make such a big fuss of this (even though I had to spend an extra P400 for something I did not consume).

Would I come back here? Yes, but I would be more watchful of the service, so I don't get taken advantage of.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank iamstreetsmart
Reviewed 4 June 2013

The Hotel is nice, clean and location is just near the city proper. though they don't have free breakfast but they give you P200.00 consumable to food and breverages for every room and their room rates is just reasonable though rooms are not so spacious. Staffs are courteous and good service.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ladybing18k
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Pros:
- Location: Easy to find. A few streets away from the "food trip hub" that is Maginhawa Street. It's very easy to hail a tricycle and get to one of the many restaurants in 5 minutes.
- Staff & service: Courteous and efficient
- Room: Their Standard room is surprisingly spacious, easy on the eyes, and furnished well. You have several options for lighting (all tungsten, thank god), and the AC unit works well with the size of the room. The bathroom is clean and spacious enough, and is complete with soap, shampoo and clean towels. All in all, I was impressed.
- The small cafe on the ground floor, just outside the building is a nice, comfy place to hangout in after dinner. Coffee and dessert aren't bad either. It also has free WiFi.
- Rate: Not bad at all! Check-in time is flexible, and they offer 12-hour rates.
- Check-in and check-out were hassle-free and fast.

Cons:
- You can hear a bit of the street noise if you pick a room along the street. I personally didn't mind it, but light sleepers might.
- WiFi is available for free only in the lobby.
- No complimentary water, and there are no convenience stores nearby to buy your own so you'll have to settle for P38 a bottle.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank thecountessanna