“When all else fails, eat Pork Ginger”
Review of Crazy Katsu

Crazy Katsu
Ranked #74 of 1,972 Restaurants in Quezon City
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Cheap hole-in-the-wall restaurant which serves all things katsu (fried pork or chicken cutlet); has a student clientele, very cheap, fast and good!
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

I still remember the first time Crazy Katsu opened along Maginhawa -- I am lucky enough to live just right across the street, so of course we had to try it first time we saw that sign light up.

We were so happy to finally have a Japanese resto open up along Maginhawa and Crazy Katsu is a good one at that. With a simple nice interior and a curious looking wood-piece decoration inside, it'll definitely satisfy your Japanese craving both in food and experience. Though the menu is quite limited to a less than handful of Japanese katsu, you'll get your money's worth with each one. They have either chicken, pork or beef as the main entree along with rice and veggies or egg to go with it. You can also add sidings like gyoza or order their pudding (aka leche flan) to complete it. And if you still don't know what to eat there, my personal favorite "the no fail" pork ginger is a must try.

I would have to say that Crazy Katsu is a good resto along Maginhawa for students and budget foodies alike. Of course you can't expect a huge and extravagant serving like those from other (slightly) more expensive katsu houses, but it's a good place for an affordable Japanese meal.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

maginhawa street, u.p teachers village quezon city.

environment- good
ambiance- good
a.c- good
staff- good
price of the food- pasok sa banga :) (100-200)

Japanese burger- good
crazy katsu- BETTER :)

Reviewed 2 July 2013

My partner have read a lot of reviews about the restaurants in Maginhawa Street in UP Teacher's Village in Quezon City. We decided to check it out and opted to eat at Crazy Katsu since he loves Japanese food. We made the right choice because their food was delicious, above average in size in terms of serving and the affordability, as in, value for money. I ordered for Tonkatsu and my partner had Gyoza.
Overall, the long walk of discovering Maginhawa Street was worth it because of Crazy Katsu.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

this is one place i go to when around the U.P. area and craving for decent, affordable katsu. A must-try is their spicy katsu. : )

there's an option to eat al fresco, and they also have some interesting audio cd's for sale. the temperature inside is rather cold, but they'll adjust it upon request.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

First off, I live near the place so getting there is easy. We've always loved driving along the streets of Up Village and Teachers Village because of the different holes in the wall. Crazy Katsu is one of our discoveries.

The food:
-They serve a variety of dishes. My daughter and I love their Chicken Katsu. The breaded chicken is very tasty and you can even eat the finely chopped cabbage under it.
-Their Mixed Fish & vegetabletempura is- well, so-so. The batter itself is a bit bitter, the dipping sauce (tempura sauce) is more on the sour side. It's supposed to be a little sweet, I cook tempura so I know. The fish tempura had fish bones so it is not advisable for kids, although it is my daughter's fave. But the okra, eggplant, squash tempura was ok. not overcooked.
-Their version of Sukiyaki is not at all what we expected. The broth is too sweet and it was served lukewarm, so just imagine the egg on top of it..
-The Caramel Pudding- of course,it's just leche flan. It was good but we're used to eating leche flan so it did not steer too far from our taste buds. But for the price, it's not worth digging in.
-Rice- I'm not really sure about the other reviews but we've been here a few times already and I've never had japanese rice here.

Parking:
You snooze you lose! You may park along the streets so it's okay.

Service:
The order-takers (ate's) were nice naman. But there was one incident that irked me, coz my kid always orders their tempura (even if we found it had fishbones). Ate repeated our orders so no dish is missed out. But when we were waiting for our kid's meal, one of the staff told us that it wasn't on the order slip. I got a little irate coz my daughter's really hungry, we've been waiting only to find out that it wasn't on the order slip (they even showed me). So I told them that "Ate" even repeated our orders. So we waited more. By the time my kid's meal came she was already full from my meal. We asked for the tempura to be taken home instead, we asked for the tempura sauce. The take-out bag was handed to me without the tempura sauce so I asked again. I heard someone from the kitchen saying "teka lang!" then ate handed me the sauce in plastic. I didn't really know what to make of it then coz the first time we dined there we had a good experience.

Price-
Overall it's worth the buck. But it depends on the dish and how hungry your tummy monster is.
If you are looking for authentic Japanese experience, this is not the place for you.