“Awesome food, bad service”

Zensho Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #190 of 1,917 Restaurants in Quezon City
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2014

One of the best buffets out there. The unique way of ordering food (served to your table ala carte after you tick a checklist of food that you want) is a good thing in that it does away with repeated trips to a buffet area and ensures freshly-cooked food, but is also a bad thing because the service is slow and you do not always get as much of one dish as you want, at a time. You have to explicitly specify that you want, say, 5 servings of fresh salmon (which was enough just for me). The service is just plain terrible. Waiters are inattentive and unprofessional. One way I judge a restaurant's service is by how attentive their waiters are to empty glasses of water. Not once was my glass refilled by their own volition. Food was very slow to come. There was more than enough time to wait, though. The interior is also inadequately ventilated. The smoke from the open grills/stoves in the middle is not being properly exhausted. Zensho made up for these with their delicious food, though. All their meat dishes were cooked appropriately and nothing was overcooked. Tempura is average. Their baked oysters are a must have, so was anything made of beef! Their desserts were disappointingly inadequate, though. One goes here for the food, which more than makes up for their shortcomings. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Zensho is definitely one of the best Japanese buffet restaurant not only in QC but in the whole Metro Manila... the staff are friendly and accommodating... they will not frown on you even if you make repeat orders... the is the best eat all you can Ala Carte.. food is freshly cooked...

3  Thank docRonnie
Reviewed 11 January 2014

My price in life is to see my children happy, enjoying their life, growing up with no bad memories. It my Son's Birthday and we celebrated it in zensho, that is why we had reservasions on that date.

I can't help but but picture it. They wanted more, more, more, food. It was given to us in an instant. I really love that place.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We tried their order-all-you can and everything we ordered were good. I suggest that you order their oysters and their beef teppenyaki. Their sushis are so-so, therefore skip this for other dishes that are more tasty. Also, order their pandan iced tea for a refreshing and good palate cleanser. I cannot say they serve authentic Japanese food, but overall, I recommend eating at this restaurant if you want good food and value for your money. However, one of the cons of eating here is that you have to wait for your food to be cooked which is prepared only upon order. Also, their servings are too small so you have to estimate how many orders you want for each dish.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Have visited this place several times. Each time I had eat all you can dining where you order ala carte from all their dishes. Advantage of this is that food is prepared hot and there are more selections. On the other hand, problem is the waiting time for food to be prepared. I had Christmas dinner with the family here, and maybe there were more guess, as the food took longer to come out, also the quality was very average. There were also some selection that were out of stock. I liked the cuttlefish teppanyaki and Pacific special. The us steak teppanyaki and tempura was a disappointment though. There were free drinks inclusive,