“good enough”

Ranked #1 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Yokohama, Japan
“good enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

good enough, I stayed for my businnes . otherwise wont, room rate was half discounted but still high, I can stay 4 /5star hotel in Metro manila with that room rate. problem was no smoking inside building. my friend go out every hour
however around hotel , is safety. people gathering until midnight but notnoisy. a lots of bars & restourants are available
bywalk in 5 minutes.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank mariana10000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

My hubby and I spent time here to celebrate my birthday mid September. I frequently pass by this hotel and have heard great things about the place from people who have stayed here before... but I was not too keen on the location. After staying at a hotel a few months back that had an ideal location but ended up as a bit of a disappointing experience, I decided to give The Cocoon a try, and I am very glad I did!
We stayed at one of their deluxe rooms, and it was very pleasing to the eye and comfy. It had a very cozy and warm feel to it, very inviting vibe.
The bathroom was a pleasant sight, it had a tub that was perfect for a relaxing deep soak,
Their room service menu, though limited was good and affordable.
The complimentary breakfast was very tasty too.
Service was great, everyone did it in a very friendly but not obtrusive manner, though it was a short stay, they made me feel that we've been staying a long time, had a very personal feel to it that I liked, not just some customer-staff interaction.
I highly suggest giving this hotel a try, Very well worth it. We would definitely be coming back here. Who'd have thought that in this location, a nice gem of a place exists.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mia l
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

All smiles and very accomodating. Because of the previous reviews and the enticing big bed I had to cancel my reservation in an ortigas hotel ( cannot refund the fee -little ouch) but it was worth it!!! Me and my son migs had a great time! The california bed is so cool, the tub,pool and the smell of the hotel is so amazing.... We even enjoy the complimentary foot massage and i cant resist but to get a full body massage in a heated bed with a great therapist like dolly. We will definitely come back to cocoon very soon.

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank Mistyree
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

We recently had a party held at Cocoon Boutique Hotel. It was a great experience! Great food, excellent service and lovely set up of the ballroom. Special thanks to our contact person, Ms. Valencia for accommodating us inspite of the rain. We will surely recommend this to friends and will be back for sure!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Martha123444
Luzon, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

I had a very comfortable stay at Cocoon Boutique Hotel. The facilities are excellent, we had a great session at their ballroom and the rooms are cozy and very nice but not expensive. The service is optimum, I would recommend it to my friends!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

I will start off with the one thing I wasn't crazy about....the location. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either, decent would be the eat description. Now on to the the things this hotel does well. The service was the best I encountered during my stay in the Philippines. They arranged for my cabs, gave me some great advice for tourism spots, and arranged for a guide for a visit to Intramuros.

The rooms were great. The beds were extremely comfortable and the bathroom was huge, for a hotel anyways. The food was delicious and they had a large variety of foods on their breakfast buffet. Try the Pork Tocino and the Longanissa.

The spa was reasonably priced and the service was impeccable. They were attentive and professional. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and would recommend this hotel to anyone. I will visit again, and when I do, this is where I'm staying.

• Stayed August 2013
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

My name is Tom Wagner and this is my story of our stay at Cocoon Boutique.

We spent the first week of our stay in Metro Manila at the Shangri-La, Manila, a 5-star hotel catering to wealthy businessmen. The place was so large we got lost every time we left our room, and while the staff was very helpful and courteous, the service was a bit impersonal, though I have to admit being very impressed with the breakfast buffet.

Then we moved to Cocoon Boutique for the last two weeks of our stay and we felt more at home immediately. The staff at Cocoon was—as everyone else here has noted—fantastic in all regards: not merely terrific service, but they were gracious and made us feel right at home. From the lobby to the Deck, the staff was superb, all of them. We have to send out special kudos to Joe in the lobby and Andre on the Deck, both of whom made us feel more like family or honored guests than visitors in a hotel (we are now Facebook friends with them both). But it’s unfair to single out anyone, because the entire staff was superb. Daphne deserves a shout-out, too: beauty, brains and a sense of humor in a package that looks 10 years too young to be in a position of authority. I especially loved that everyone referred to me as "Sir Thomas," making me feel like royalty. The next time we go, I'm going to rent a suit of armor so the title will seem more appropriate.

Management is the key. We observed the hotel manager having a “meeting” with the Deck staff, and they all spent most of the time laughing. I don’t know her name, but it’s obvious that her employees love and respect her, for she has created an excellent working environment for them, making their jobs easier and more rewarding.

The staff bends over backwards to accommodate, and always with a smile. I asked if they sold cigarettes in the hotel and the next thing I knew, Andre took off to buy me a pack at the local 7-11. Whenever we wanted to find a certain restaurant, Joe and Daphne in the lobby found it online and printed directions for us. I craved sushi one night, and Joe pointed us toward one of the few sushi bars in the area. We needed an electrical converter for our room and Joe delivered one in minutes, and then never asked for its return. I almost had to plead with him to take it back when I was done charging my camera’s battery.

We loved the “eco-friendly” aspect of the hotel (built entirely of recycled materials), but even more we loved how incredibly quiet the rooms were (we stayed in two different rooms because we left for Tayabas for a couple days in the middle of our stay). Brick cores sandwiched by wood and them covered with plaster: this is a recipe for rooms that rival sensory deprivation tanks for soundproofing. We had to have a fan in the room; not to cool us (the AC was incredibly efficient and had excellent climate control settings), but for the ambient noise so we could sleep. There was a raucous nightclub across the street that was swinging all night long, and we never heard a peep from it in our room. The room itself was very nicely appointed, featuring the most comfortable beds in the world (Tempur Pedic), an amazing bathroom with both shower and bathtub, and like all other services in the hotel, the room service and housekeeping staffs were superb. My only complaint about the rooms was that the refrigerators were not remotely cold (in both rooms). I let the management know about this, so I suspect it will not be a problem for long.

We spent most of our in-house time on the Deck. The food was nothing spectacular, but it was good enough—and who cares anyway, because the hotel is only a block off restaurant row, with hundreds of incredible options a short walk away (and the Chinese restaurant next door was none too shabby, either). But we loved hanging out in the covered dining area overlooking the swimming pool, especially during thunderstorms, where we could enjoy the spectacle without getting wet or incinerated by lightning. Andre didn’t know how to make my usual nightcap, a Manhattan cocktail (but neither did any other bartender in the Philippines), but he made me delicious mai tais every night, which was more than sufficient.

My wife and I were sad to leave Cocoon. It had become a second home to us during our long stay. When we left, the staff gave us a sending-off that made us feel like family members debarking on a world tour. They made us promise to return, which is a promise I plan to keep.

If you’re staying in Metro Manila, THIS is the place to stay for affordable comfort. I was amazed that Cocoon costs no more than a Motel-6 room here in Los Angeles, yet treats its guests better than the Ritz-Carlton does.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family