“This hotel lived up to all the positive reviews, big time!”

The Cocoon Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Penang Island, Malaysia
“This hotel lived up to all the positive reviews, big time!”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We needed a place to stay for a few days R & R before a major art show in HK. Booking the Cocoon was the best move we made. All the positive reviews from other travelers were true and we loved the hotel. Clean, very comfortable, staff so genuinely helpful it was seriously refreshing.
The hotel is about one hr drive from the airport, so maybe not the best local tourist base, but for a laid back R & R base with really close access to seriously large shopping centers........perfect!
Had to leave as no more suitcase room for SHOMBO new shoes!
We got a cab through the airport center on arrival, thinking we were being smart, and paid P2750.
The hotel arranged our return transport to the airport for P 1200! So be prepared.
We left Manila and moved on to a 5 star hotel in HK with all the trimmings, none of the ambience, and couldn't help mentally comparing........Cocoon won hands down!!

We travel a lot and have no compunction in recommending this hotel. It deserves its Trip Advisor recognition.

Room Tip: Our room overlooking the street was fine. A serious horn blowing seller rocked down occasionally, ot...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank madeleine E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Yokohama, Japan
Reviewed 9 October 2013

good enough, I stayed for my businnes . otherwise wont, room rate was half discounted but still high, I can stay 4 /5star hotel in Metro manila with that room rate. problem was no smoking inside building. my friend go out every hour
however around hotel , is safety. people gathering until midnight but notnoisy. a lots of bars & restourants are available
bywalk in 5 minutes.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank mariana10000
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My hubby and I spent time here to celebrate my birthday mid September. I frequently pass by this hotel and have heard great things about the place from people who have stayed here before... but I was not too keen on the location. After staying at a hotel a few months back that had an ideal location but ended up as a bit of a disappointing experience, I decided to give The Cocoon a try, and I am very glad I did!
We stayed at one of their deluxe rooms, and it was very pleasing to the eye and comfy. It had a very cozy and warm feel to it, very inviting vibe.
The bathroom was a pleasant sight, it had a tub that was perfect for a relaxing deep soak,
Their room service menu, though limited was good and affordable.
The complimentary breakfast was very tasty too.
Service was great, everyone did it in a very friendly but not obtrusive manner, though it was a short stay, they made me feel that we've been staying a long time, had a very personal feel to it that I liked, not just some customer-staff interaction.
I highly suggest giving this hotel a try, Very well worth it. We would definitely be coming back here. Who'd have thought that in this location, a nice gem of a place exists.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mia l
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 23 September 2013

All smiles and very accomodating. Because of the previous reviews and the enticing big bed I had to cancel my reservation in an ortigas hotel ( cannot refund the fee -little ouch) but it was worth it!!! Me and my son migs had a great time! The california bed is so cool, the tub,pool and the smell of the hotel is so amazing.... We even enjoy the complimentary foot massage and i cant resist but to get a full body massage in a heated bed with a great therapist like dolly. We will definitely come back to cocoon very soon.

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank Mistyree
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We recently had a party held at Cocoon Boutique Hotel. It was a great experience! Great food, excellent service and lovely set up of the ballroom. Special thanks to our contact person, Ms. Valencia for accommodating us inspite of the rain. We will surely recommend this to friends and will be back for sure!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Martha123444
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I had a very comfortable stay at Cocoon Boutique Hotel. The facilities are excellent, we had a great session at their ballroom and the rooms are cozy and very nice but not expensive. The service is optimum, I would recommend it to my friends!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I will start off with the one thing I wasn't crazy about....the location. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either, decent would be the eat description. Now on to the the things this hotel does well. The service was the best I encountered during my stay in the Philippines. They arranged for my cabs, gave me some great advice for tourism spots, and arranged for a guide for a visit to Intramuros.

The rooms were great. The beds were extremely comfortable and the bathroom was huge, for a hotel anyways. The food was delicious and they had a large variety of foods on their breakfast buffet. Try the Pork Tocino and the Longanissa.

The spa was reasonably priced and the service was impeccable. They were attentive and professional. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and would recommend this hotel to anyone. I will visit again, and when I do, this is where I'm staying.

• Stayed August 2013