“Almost without a glitch”

The Cocoon Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I was based abroad when I came across Cocoon Boutique Hotel through Trip advisor. We got a wedding package from the hotel for our wedding in December 2013. The package was really good and they were open to negotiate some of the items in the package. The staff was very friendly and accommodating; the room was beautiful and bed was very comfortable; our location was good (no street noise, but other guests complained of the noise on their side); delicious banquet menu; clean and relaxing ambiance overall in the hotel. Our sales representative was very helpful and friendly (Camela). However, we had a very bad experience with the reservation payment. Despite having made the advance payment confirmed several times by our sales representative (she printed them out for the Front Desk), we had to go to the Front Desk every time a guest of ours checked in because they were charging them the full amount. The Front Desk officer told us that their computer system didn't register that we have paid in half, which was impossible, because they had an automatic cancellation if guests fail to meet the deadline for paying 50%. So, if indeed we did not pay, then the rooms we reserved would not have been available to our guests (but they were available and reserved for us which contradicts their reservation policy). Worst, the front desk officer was the same person who checked my mom-in-law in, and then upon her check out; he billed her the full amount again!!! My husband was at his patience's end so I had to go talk with the front desk officer. There is something really wrong with their reservation system and we have told them about it. I hope they have managed to address the said problem because if my husband and I were not around to assist our guests during their check-in, they would have ended up paying in full and I bet the refund would be as worst.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's not facing the videoke joints along Scout Tobias.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Everything was perfect at Cocoon. I booked 1 night accommodation here through Agoda since they do not have online booking. I was trying to reach them through landline but they only have 1 number and it's always busy. I'm not surprised because this hotel is very much in demand with guests since they only have a limited number of rooms. Nevertheless, I availed 1 room as a treat to myself for my birthday. When I arrived at the lobby for check-in, I was surprised that they know it was my birthday and they greeted me. They also gave me a free 30min foot scrub for two at their in-house spa. They only have one elevator so guests had to wait for a while. They gave me a welcome drink while waiting for the elevator.

The room was very spacious. They had two double beds with a divine mattress, sheets and pillows. I had to take a nap because the bed is very inviting. The bathroom was spacious as well. They had a tub and separate shower though their bathroom has a glass window with blinds. Their bath essentials are great, too. It is complete and definitely a notch higher than your typical hotel. An added plus is that this hotel is very eco-friendly.

In the morning, I woke up late and the staff called me up to make sure if I wanted to eat my free plated breakfast or not. They even offered to just deliver the food to our room which I really appreciated.

They also have a small pool at the topmost floor. Too bad I wasn't able to use it because there was a party in the function room right next to the pool. It's kind of embarrassing to walk around with my swimsuit on and the people next to me are in their formal wear.

If I can suggest improvements, it would be having more privacy in their pool area. If they can put some sort of divider between the function room and the pool, that would be great. Also, I don't know if they can allot one more elevator but hopefully they can. Lastly, I hope they would have online reservations/booking because their landline number is quite hard to reach. Maybe they can have extension lines instead so that people will not get dismayed hearing the busy tone again and again.

Overall, my experience at Cocoon was fantastic. I can't wait to have another staycation here. That is if they have rooms available since they're always fully-booked. I can't blame them though because everything in Cocoon is excellent.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed here to celebrate hubby's birthday last January 2014. I chose to book this hotel mainly because of their concept and advocacy of being a "green hotel". And also because of the positive reviews I've read here. Their reservation officer, Alyssa, was very friendly and accommodating during our SMS exchanges. She confirmed to me that we can check-in early after I made the reservation over the phone. When we arrived at the hotel, we checked in smoothly, no hassles whatsoever, and we were given a welcome drink. One thing that can be improved, though, is that the Front Desk officers NEED TO SMILE MORE. The guy who assisted me was generally polite and business-like. But since they are the first ones customers interact with, they need to look and sound more friendly and nice.

Going back, we were assisted by one of the staff (I forgot his name) with our bags and he even greeted my hubby a happy birthday. :) When we got to the room, first thing we said was "Wow!". My 2 year-old son kept saying "Wow Mama!" while running around the room :) I immediately loved the bathroom and the bathtub with a glass window and blinds that you can pull up while watching the TV from the bathtub. The toiletries were made of eco-friendly material, keeping up with the advocacy of the hotel.

There was also a pool at the rooftop where the function rooms, alfresco restaurant and the bar are located. My son and hubby went in for a dip, but since it was a bit windy at the time, they got out after a few minutes. While we were lounging there, the staff gave hubby a simple birthday treat of yummy brownies. :)

Our overnight stay came with free "modified" buffet breakfast. First time I've heard of such a buffet. As it turned out, you have to select a "main course" and the buffet part are the pancakes, breads, pastries, fruits, authentic champorado (which was awesome), brewed coffee and juices. I ordered their Tawilis and Garlic Rice with Eggs and it was so delicious!! Hubby ordered his staple Corned Beef and it too was delish!

Our stay also came with a complimentary Foot Pamper in their spa on the 2nd floor. I think it was Iris Spa. So hubby and I decided to include a full body massage with it. So relaxing...

Overall, the room, food and staff were excellent. I can't wait to go back and unwind and relax. Definitely worth coming back and recommending to friends and loved ones.

Room Tip: Request for a "twin-together" bed setup for a SUPER KING-sized bed. It was just hubby and...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We celebrated a surprise party at Cocoon Boutique Hotel recently at their venue hall. The staff is exemplary with their service. At first, I just emailed an inquiry and they were prompt and very accommodating up to the last day of our stay in the hotel. I would also like to commend Ms. Camela for doing her job well and for taking the extra effort to help us with the event. She paid attention to every detail, which we truly appreciate.
The staff also during the event were all competent. The food was great. The hotel rooms are very comfortable. The hotel also offers free foot massage. It is also accessible to a lot of restaurants and other retail shops. Over-all, the hotel experience was fun. Thank you to everyone at Cocoon! Congratulations! “Worldclass yet truly Filipino.”

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We checked in the day of our wedding and there was a citywide blackout and storm. Nevertheless, staff were attentive. We enjoyed the complimentary massage. Toiletries were of good quality and i love the mason jars used as water containers! The salvaged wood and very Filipino interiors were so quaint.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Russpytoots
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stayed in The Cocoon for 2 separate short trips in April this year. The service was attentive and personalised.

There is a gym, a pool and a bar and restaurant. This hotel is not 5 star but it certainly aims to get there.

All staff were incredibly polite and some would even address me and my colleagues by our first names - such a nice touch.

Breakfast service was fast and there was a good range of food to choose from.

When we returned to The Cocoon after a short trip to different islands, checking back in was seamless. The staff recognised us and were kind and considerate and offered us refreshments straight away.

I would definitely return to The Cocoon - for me, service is so important and The Cocoon delivered day after day.

Thank you to everyone who works there.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Quezon City is not a place one tends to stay unless visiting friend the University or is on business. This hotel is far better than any others I have stayed here. It is bright (although the room lighting is dim), clean and the rooms are a good size and well-appointed.

The staff are remarkably helpful and friendly.

There's a small pool and bar/cafe upstairs and these provided good views across the city to Makati's highrises in the distance.

The negatives are few: the bath towels are a bit tatty, the room I was in caught too much early morning noise, and the shower head needed a clean to allow the water to flow better.

Room Tip: Avoid the 01 rooms. I was in 501 and it has the housekeeper's room next to it, and they begin wo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business