“the best!!”

The Cocoon Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

i booked on this hotel for my wedding preparation and honeymoon.
they have the best bed of all hotel we visited. it gave me a short but deep sleep. they also have very cozy bathroom and i like the tub
the hotel give us a complementary gift for our wedding. all the staff were friendly and the whole place was clean. they also have buffet breakfast!
thumbs up and very recommended!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daveril
There are newer reviews for The Cocoon Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were initially booked for 3 days but decided to stay another 6 days because we felt so comfortable there. Aside from the eco-friendly features and cozy room we mostly were impressed with the staff. The housekeeping staff was very accommodating and didn't make us feel we were being a burden. The staff at the front desk gave us tips on how to get around town and the billing went off without a hitch, no hidden charges here. The hotel restaurant staff, particularly Eraz, was always attentive bringing me green tea without even asking for it (now that's what I call first rate service!).

The only thing we weren't comfortable with was the front of the hotel which was on a residential/restaurant commercial road. Also the sidewalks always had bags of trash and piles of broken pieces of concrete. Also the restaurants on the side of the streets were quite loud at night. We must have heard the patrons sing "happy birthday" 10 times in the wee hours but then again that was on the weekend.

Overall, I would go back just to sleep on the cozy clean beds and relax in their nice bathtub! Oh by the way Il Duello Ristorante the restaurant around the corner of the building is to die for!

Room Tip: Ask to stay in a room away from Scout Tobias Road if you are a light sleeper. Also the single beds a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is my third stay at the Cocoon hotel this year. First was last January 2014 (for New Years Eve), second was last July 2014, then again this August 2014. As the title of the review implies, the experience gets better the more you stay. Of course, that's always a great thing.

The hotel is a 6 floor green hotel, where you get everything you need for a luxurious, relaxing stay at half the price (as cliche as it sounds, but it's true.) A lot of it actually comes from the fact that it is a green hotel.

Now, I'm not an expert of what is a green building and what is not - but let me put it in layman's terms. A lot of consideration has been done to make sure that the hotel lessens "wastage" as much as possible. Examples: Wood from the previous houses standing in the site has been reused or the way that the air circulates through the hotel saves the need for air-conditioning in the hallways - which saves electricity, which lowers down room rates. If you want to understand more, they actually offer a site tour before you check in so you may just to check with the concierge for it, before you check in.

Room:

The room sizes are big - even a deluxe room would be good for 4 people - with still a lot of room to walk around and be comfortable. Rooms are well lit and the temperature brought about by the air-condition is just right. Not too cold, not too hot. You can definitely adjust it to your liking.

The bed - you just have to try the bed. It has pocket springs and a memory foam - which basically makes you sleep as if you're lying down on a marshmallow - but still comfortable enough to be firm. With the very comfortable beddings and duvets, it assures you of a good night's sleep - sometimes, you want to sleep all throughout the day, actually.

The bathroom - some hotels would skimp on this for their smallest rooms, but Cocoon doesn't. You get a luxurious deep-soak bathtub and rain showers. Regardless of what floor you are in, the water pressure is strong - which i love. The towels are very comfortable - just like the bedding, the hotel says they are made with 100% Egyptian Cotton. Warm and Fuzzy, but dries you up really fast.

You have a 32 inch LCD TV as well in the room, mini-bar, hair dryers, a lot of hangers - which I love!

WIFI is free and strong.

Breakfast - they call it a modified buffet. Basically, what happens is you order a main dish from a wide selection of dishes, which is plated - and you get a buffer for everything else, such as juices, pastries, salads, soup and an egg station. Just like what i talked about earlier, i like this idea because - just like what my partner said, it basically lessens wastage. Let's face it - not everyone would probably eat the same thing for breakfast - so buffets can really have a lot of wastage. At least, with this set up, you can eat what you want and change it up everyday - especially if you stay here for long.

I have also been able to try the food in Abuela's for lunch and/or dinner and they are very tasty and delicious. Servings are really big, that you can actually share it with someone else - of course, depending on your appetite. I suggest that you get it as part of a set meal - wherein you get soup and drinks included in it. It's around PHP350 for the whole thing - and it saves you a lot of money rather than if you get it separate. Note: Even if you get it as part of the set meal, servings are still big - unlike other places.

Other Amenities

They have a fitness center, wherein you can do cardio exercises. No weights/dumbells though - but who wants to do weights anyway on a vacation?

They also have a ballroom which can fit up to 200 people. It's really gorgeous, and the people in the hotel know how to design the interior for events. Very tasteful and definitely not tacky.

The hotel has a lap pool, for both adults and kids - which get lit with colorful lights at night.The kiddie pool can actually be converted as a jacuzzi, which is cool.

The massage - you have got to try the massage. I've tried their foot spa and their full body massage, and they are really good. I liked it better actually than the massage I got from The Spa or Wensha. And it's very affordable, so it has a very high value for money.

This is where everything becomes better, the more you stay. They have a way to actually remember you - I don't know how they do it. But, by the time, i returned for my third stay they already knew my name (which was cool.)

Daph - the front desk supervisor - is very welcoming and keen to details. I actually like the fact that she had a strong skill of empathizing with guests. For example, in the middle of my second stay, we had to be transferred to another room - which frankly, on normal situations - is inconvenient. However, they way she delivered it was warm yet direct that you understood. She's definitely an asset with this hotel.

Glenda - I remember her clearly as - in my second stay, as I had written in their guest response sheet - I had to wait for around 12 - 15 minutes for someone to get my order for lunch (which frankly was a surprise to me). I dunno if they thought that i was just resting from my time in the pool, but people from the restaurant were walking past by me and no one actually took the time to check if we were to order food for lunch (at 11:30 AM).

She was the only one who stopped, and upon knowing what had happened, apologized and actually took care of everything, following through with the orders and actually serving the orders.

The other staff were very warm and helpful as well. Whenever we need something, we called over the phone, and in less than i guess 5 minutes, they were there. There was a time wherein we needed to know the mass schedules for nearby churches, and the guy we spoke to over the phone actually gave me a choice for two churches nearby - with the times of the masses. Smart move.

One constructive feedback though - i wish the guard at the front could be a lot more alert re: people who would be entering the hotel if it was raining. Obviously, if a car or a hotel would be parking infront of the entrance, then that most probably would be a guest. There were just about 3 instances wherein I had to run from the taxi to the entrance during my stay (second one) because it was raining - just not to get wet. We did not bring an umbrella during our stay. The guard, who had umbrellas at the front, just stood there. The third time, I had to call him from the cab, because the rain was really, really bad. He actually looked surprised when i called him. You really wouldn't want your guests to be wet when you enter the hotel, right?

That's the only lapse in service I found in the hotel actually (other than the wait during the lunch service.) Otherwise, everyone else in the hotel were always smiling, courteous and really had a strong sense of hospitality and customer service.

I may be staying at the hotel again, before i leave for boracay in mid-August. Just like wine, I'm expecting to experience the same enjoyment I've had the past three stays - if not, better.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rye_b0i
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I was based abroad when I came across Cocoon Boutique Hotel through Trip advisor. We got a wedding package from the hotel for our wedding in December 2013. The package was really good and they were open to negotiate some of the items in the package. The staff was very friendly and accommodating; the room was beautiful and bed was very comfortable; our location was good (no street noise, but other guests complained of the noise on their side); delicious banquet menu; clean and relaxing ambiance overall in the hotel. Our sales representative was very helpful and friendly (Camela). However, we had a very bad experience with the reservation payment. Despite having made the advance payment confirmed several times by our sales representative (she printed them out for the Front Desk), we had to go to the Front Desk every time a guest of ours checked in because they were charging them the full amount. The Front Desk officer told us that their computer system didn't register that we have paid in half, which was impossible, because they had an automatic cancellation if guests fail to meet the deadline for paying 50%. So, if indeed we did not pay, then the rooms we reserved would not have been available to our guests (but they were available and reserved for us which contradicts their reservation policy). Worst, the front desk officer was the same person who checked my mom-in-law in, and then upon her check out; he billed her the full amount again!!! My husband was at his patience's end so I had to go talk with the front desk officer. There is something really wrong with their reservation system and we have told them about it. I hope they have managed to address the said problem because if my husband and I were not around to assist our guests during their check-in, they would have ended up paying in full and I bet the refund would be as worst.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's not facing the videoke joints along Scout Tobias.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Everything was perfect at Cocoon. I booked 1 night accommodation here through Agoda since they do not have online booking. I was trying to reach them through landline but they only have 1 number and it's always busy. I'm not surprised because this hotel is very much in demand with guests since they only have a limited number of rooms. Nevertheless, I availed 1 room as a treat to myself for my birthday. When I arrived at the lobby for check-in, I was surprised that they know it was my birthday and they greeted me. They also gave me a free 30min foot scrub for two at their in-house spa. They only have one elevator so guests had to wait for a while. They gave me a welcome drink while waiting for the elevator.

The room was very spacious. They had two double beds with a divine mattress, sheets and pillows. I had to take a nap because the bed is very inviting. The bathroom was spacious as well. They had a tub and separate shower though their bathroom has a glass window with blinds. Their bath essentials are great, too. It is complete and definitely a notch higher than your typical hotel. An added plus is that this hotel is very eco-friendly.

In the morning, I woke up late and the staff called me up to make sure if I wanted to eat my free plated breakfast or not. They even offered to just deliver the food to our room which I really appreciated.

They also have a small pool at the topmost floor. Too bad I wasn't able to use it because there was a party in the function room right next to the pool. It's kind of embarrassing to walk around with my swimsuit on and the people next to me are in their formal wear.

If I can suggest improvements, it would be having more privacy in their pool area. If they can put some sort of divider between the function room and the pool, that would be great. Also, I don't know if they can allot one more elevator but hopefully they can. Lastly, I hope they would have online reservations/booking because their landline number is quite hard to reach. Maybe they can have extension lines instead so that people will not get dismayed hearing the busy tone again and again.

Overall, my experience at Cocoon was fantastic. I can't wait to have another staycation here. That is if they have rooms available since they're always fully-booked. I can't blame them though because everything in Cocoon is excellent.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed here to celebrate hubby's birthday last January 2014. I chose to book this hotel mainly because of their concept and advocacy of being a "green hotel". And also because of the positive reviews I've read here. Their reservation officer, Alyssa, was very friendly and accommodating during our SMS exchanges. She confirmed to me that we can check-in early after I made the reservation over the phone. When we arrived at the hotel, we checked in smoothly, no hassles whatsoever, and we were given a welcome drink. One thing that can be improved, though, is that the Front Desk officers NEED TO SMILE MORE. The guy who assisted me was generally polite and business-like. But since they are the first ones customers interact with, they need to look and sound more friendly and nice.

Going back, we were assisted by one of the staff (I forgot his name) with our bags and he even greeted my hubby a happy birthday. :) When we got to the room, first thing we said was "Wow!". My 2 year-old son kept saying "Wow Mama!" while running around the room :) I immediately loved the bathroom and the bathtub with a glass window and blinds that you can pull up while watching the TV from the bathtub. The toiletries were made of eco-friendly material, keeping up with the advocacy of the hotel.

There was also a pool at the rooftop where the function rooms, alfresco restaurant and the bar are located. My son and hubby went in for a dip, but since it was a bit windy at the time, they got out after a few minutes. While we were lounging there, the staff gave hubby a simple birthday treat of yummy brownies. :)

Our overnight stay came with free "modified" buffet breakfast. First time I've heard of such a buffet. As it turned out, you have to select a "main course" and the buffet part are the pancakes, breads, pastries, fruits, authentic champorado (which was awesome), brewed coffee and juices. I ordered their Tawilis and Garlic Rice with Eggs and it was so delicious!! Hubby ordered his staple Corned Beef and it too was delish!

Our stay also came with a complimentary Foot Pamper in their spa on the 2nd floor. I think it was Iris Spa. So hubby and I decided to include a full body massage with it. So relaxing...

Overall, the room, food and staff were excellent. I can't wait to go back and unwind and relax. Definitely worth coming back and recommending to friends and loved ones.

Room Tip: Request for a "twin-together" bed setup for a SUPER KING-sized bed. It was just hubby and...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We celebrated a surprise party at Cocoon Boutique Hotel recently at their venue hall. The staff is exemplary with their service. At first, I just emailed an inquiry and they were prompt and very accommodating up to the last day of our stay in the hotel. I would also like to commend Ms. Camela for doing her job well and for taking the extra effort to help us with the event. She paid attention to every detail, which we truly appreciate.
The staff also during the event were all competent. The food was great. The hotel rooms are very comfortable. The hotel also offers free foot massage. It is also accessible to a lot of restaurants and other retail shops. Over-all, the hotel experience was fun. Thank you to everyone at Cocoon! Congratulations! “Worldclass yet truly Filipino.”

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family