“Very good place to stay in”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Breza Hotel

La Breza Hotel
Ranked #16 of 36 Quezon City B&B and Inns
Quezon City
“Very good place to stay in”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

I got more than I expected. I stayed in their studio, clean room and nothing of the musty smell that I was expecting. Big comfortable bed and pillows. Spacious room. Bathroom is clean, the H/C shower worked good, but didn't get to see if there's hot water for the sink. Great location too, as it is walking distance to their train station. I had a blast in their pool, only the jacuzzi was under repair during our stay. Their gym looks good too but did not have enough time to try it out. Wi-fi isn't free but i bought a Globe broadband stick with me that worked well in my room.

Now for the bad side, I agree that customer service isn't so great, the staff hardly smiles. I called twice before someone came up to help me operate the television. It was hard making outside calls. I heard the cock crowing at 4 am which woke me up. Buffet breakfast wasn't that great either, the cook gave me a tiny omelet, I wasn't offered coffee until I asked for it. Plus food served are those you would see on Filipino lunch and dinner tables. I wonder if those for breakfast are leftovers from the previous dinner. Still I enjoyed my stay and would definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dafnieblondie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

The good thing is that the hotel is well located, Quezon mrt station is a short walk away. Rooms are large, good clean linen. Helpful ever smiling polite staff. Thank you!
What could be better? No free wifi in the room was a bit of a bother, had to hang about in the lobby to catch up on email. This room too had a musty wet-carpet smell - had read about it in the reviews, turns out it's consistent. Didn't bother changing room, and got used to it after a couple of days. The air-con dripped (fixed as soon as reported). The hand cream in the little plastic bottle smelled of parsley, and not in a good way! we were on the 4th floor and the road got noisy on some nights. The view comprised of an imposing tv tower and a car park. Just couldn't get used to the food at the cafe. Incidentally there's a lovely little restaurant down the road.
Can't say anything about value for money, we were hosted as usual. I'm deeply thankful just for the soft clean sheets and the friendly staff.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Pottstown PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stay was poor. The room was musty smelling. Thought it was a smoking room. Called the front desk to complain, and they quickly sent up a man with spray air freshener. It did not help. The wi-fi was not free as it was in all of the other hotels I have stayed at in Manilla. They gave you three options to purchase time. Of course, they only had the most expensive option when asked. As I tried to get back to my room the elevator would not move. Apparently you needed your room key, which I left in the room with my wife, as to take it with me, would have left her in the dark. SInce you cannot have any power on in the room when your are not there. The prepaid wi-fi card was a rip of. It kept counting down minutes even after I had shut down my computer. The staff said that I had to log off when I was done. You would think that my shutting down my computer it would be enough. The pool was under repair, so that was a no go as well. The breakfast buffet was not bad, but not great. When I asked for an omelet, I had all of two choices beyond the egg. The cook did do a magnificent job with what he had to work with. We simply had better at lesser rated hotels. The La Breza is not bad, but not worth the cost of a 4 star place. It is three at best.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
honolulu
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

clean and fresh room. friendly staff. great location. clean pool and not bad gym.
i have stayed at this hotel 6 times already with no problems with my room or service.
the bad things were expensive wifi use and the cafe always dont have what i want to order.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank chad k
Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

Our conference lasted for a week and the halls used were just fine. The rooms were good just like any condo units for rent. They have spacious rooms, fluffy bed, lcd tv, good shower and bath, good view of neighboring roof hahaha with not so good smelling toiletries. Located stones throw away from the MRT Quezon Ave. Stn. walking distance to Centris (another SM commercial mall). Secured elevator access to floors and rooms. Transportation access is very good.

BUT, comfort rooms for the training halls are located at the ground floor, and you have to take the stairs. So for PWDs and the elderly, you have to exert effort by using the elevator and circling around the lobby before finally getting to the CR. Food was just enough to fill your hunger.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank entengoreng
Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

La Breza Hotel's location in Quezon City would have been ideal, very near the major broadcast stations, it is not affected with the "worst" manila floods and accessible to both commercial malls and church. They also have a secured system starting with the elevator since you cannot go to any other floor except the one your room is located. However, their linens from towels, hand towels and even sheets are quite dirty. It cannot anymore be called white nor dirty white but near brown. Their TV reception is fuzzy and their is because it is raining. Their food is worse, they serve congee only as breakfast to a group of more than 200 participants to a conference. They consider onion rings and eggplant salad as a main dish. Their soup is merely water with powder base, nothing more. Their bathroom amenities is only a small round soap that they change every other day because as per the room attendant, the soap is expected to dissolve in 2 days. Taking into account that they are a city hotel, they do not have wifi access but charge you P150 for an hour's use.

Room Tip: Rooms with a living room is quite good.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank pr-apl

Travellers are raving about these Quezon City hotels

Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

We booked a 2-bedroom suite last April 2013 to spend the Holy Week with family. I've read about La Breza before but it was only among my options as they do not have wifi in rooms. The booking roughly cost us around 6k in pesos and we had one bedroom with a queen size bed while the other room have 2 single beds. The furnitures in the room are pretty updated and looks nice and clean.

We had a fun relaxing time at this hotel. It's clean and it has hot and cold shower. The linens and pillows are fluffy and comfortable. The suite also has a veranda but do not expect a wonderfu view. There were only a few people who booked that day so there were some time that we had the pool all to ourselves. They have one big pool, a kiddie pool and a jacuzzi where we all enjoyed a good swim with the kids. They also have a gym and wifi is available in common areas.

We have a free breakfast but too bad, we were not able to take advantage of the buffet. We were served with a selection of pinoy breakfast like tocilog, tapsilog, longsilog and the likes.

We are very much happy how our mini vacation turned out.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family