“Needs a re-make..”

Imperial Palace Suites Quezon City
Ranked #52 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Thi is a hotel I stayed in last 2009. It seemed okay, it wasnt a killer on the hedge fund, and seemed to offer good enough value.

We stayed there for one night, the room was adequate though a bit sparsely furnished. You know it has some potential, or probably already lost it, as the room was sizable enough to make it spectacular. And to me, if you dont use your space properly, its a wasted investment.

Included in the room was a buffet breakfast for 2, nicely situated on the pool grounds/roofdeck, and while not as good as other buffets, it fit the bill (i dont think anyone could go that wrong on eggs, bacon, and pancakes). Also, there are flies. lots of them. and it ruined an otherwise good idea. I've been in several hotel roofdecks, and this one made me wonder how the heck flies could get up so high.

Lastly, the bed sank and sagged in the middle. it was an old box mattress that had seen its fair share of usage, with a couple of legs popping off unceremoniously as if to say "I aint taking this any more"...

That being said, this hotel needs a redux, a make-over, a re-furnishing. New beds, new carpets, some interior design wouldnt hurt also, and some measure of extra touch which travellers and guests like to point out every now and then.

This is the kind of place that will make you think "what could be". It has a great location, numerous good restaurants around, and enough access to malls, main thoroughfares and anything you may need. So if the management decides to stop being lazy and re-do the hotel, i'll be more than happy to try it again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Luisa B, Director of Sales at Imperial Palace Suites Quezon City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Dear Mr. Fabregas,
Your comments and views are valuable to the management. This drives us all the more to improve the quality of our service and amenities.
We are glad to inform you that our rooms our newly renovated, and very soon you will see the progression of other key areas as well.
Our affiliation with a renowned culinary expert, Chef Sau del Rosario vastly improved our menu spread as well.
We would like to invite you to book your next stay here, for you to witness in full range the rebirth of Imperial Palace Suites.
Please feel free to get in touch, and we hope to see you soon!

Best Regards,

Ma. Luisa R. Bernabe
Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 20 January 2013

Not a terrible hotel but certainly below average in my opinion. The main problem is the noise from the nite club next door...until 5am every nite.

Also on the first nite there was no hot water....but as soon as i said it was fixed in 10 minutes.

A few insect in the bathroon too.

Room Tip: Go To Top floor away from nite club
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for your comments, Anoble8. This is valuable to management, and we take every review seriously.
We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences. Imperial Palace Suites now has newly renovated rooms, and very soon you will see the improvement in other key areas as well.
On your next visit, we assure you of better accommodations.
Please feel free to get in touch, and we hope to see you soon!

Best Regards,

Ma. Luisa R. Bernabe
Director of Sales and Marketing
dosm@imperial.ph

Reviewed 11 November 2012

I stay at the Imperial Palace Suites whenever I am in Manila. While i can say I've stayed in better hotels, Imperial Palace is not bad . Except for the dingy corridors ( I suggest a little lighting), I'm always satisfied with the staff's service. The rooms are well-appointed and I'm always comfortable staying there.

Room Tip: i suggest the premium rooms, all the furnitures are new
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2012 via mobile

Made a mistake of not reading the reviews before booking. I booked the hotel for it was near the hospital where I had my son checked. And at that time, the price was quite reasonable. Upon entering the lobby, I had this funny feeling that this cannot be good. The elevator itself was really old and had a musty smell. Faded paint and threadbare carpet inside. We were shown our room and to our dismay, it smelled of smoke, mold and really dark. I called the front desk to complain of the smell, and was told that their 2 twin bed rooms are smoking rooms. So she transferred us to a non smoking room but with only a double bed. The first thing I saw upon entering was the dirty stains on the carpet, it was dark too and the signature smell of molds. To top it off, the room beside us were being renovated. So during the 1 hour rest we has before going to the hospital, we heard all the pounding of hammers, squeaking of whatever they Were fixing. So I had to call front desk again to complain about the noise. I already emailed the booking site and called their internTional office if they can cancel the 2nd night booking because the hotel didn't inform the site that renovations are on the way. Meanwhile, the front desk person transferred us to a one bedroom suite at no extra cost. It's on the 3rd floor. Alas, it's better looking than the other 2 rooms. The tiles on the floor were old and chipped. The sofa and chairs were stained. The bed covers were really old and with the musty smell. The bathroom was nothing to be desired, the towels were threadbare, and the water had no heater. We had a spring bed , and since it's old, it's not good for the back coz it's too soft, the pillows were lumpy as well. But the worst of all, at 9pm when we came in after dinner, all the sounds coming from the street, from the cars horns, ambulance sirens, closing of car doors, people partying, can be heard in our room. We didn't get to sleep at all! Terrible. Terrible hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 25 August 2012

the booked room wasn't available so after 30 minutes discussion I got an upgrade.
pity that when we entered in the room the air was so stinky that my kids refused to stay inside.
the staff told me to switch on the air con to solve the problem.
so my two kids spent one our in the corridor until the bad smell went away (no idea how....)
basic hotel, well located in QC, Tomas Morato walking distance.
forget the breakfast...

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Marco8960
Reviewed 25 July 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Good hotel. Staffs were great and very helpful. They were very kind and accommodating. The thing I like most about this hotel is its near everything! Like the malls, spas, and restaurants (of every cuisine). This hotel is very accessible that it can be easily found. Will definitely go back in here!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends