“Quaint and Lovely”

Ranked #13 of 37 Quezon City B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“Quaint and Lovely”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Quaint is the word that best describes One Liberty Hotel.
Situated in a quiet portion of Kalayaan Avenue in Quezon City, this very nice hotel is sure to make a mark on anyone who stays here.

I got the chance to stay here last month because of my stupidity of leaving the keys to my apartment at my provincial home.

As I’ve mentioned before, this hotel is in a quiet portion of Kalayaan Avenue. Not a lot of jeepneys pass by the street where it is located. But if you are familiar with the area, it is easy to find using your car or if you are in a taxi. In my case, I was in a taxi directing the driver using my smartphone.

The hotel signage, with the hotel’s name and a picture of the Statue of Liberty, was very noticeable once you reach Kalayaan Avenue.
When we stopped, the taxi driver said, “Aba, may hotel pala dito. Mukang maganda,” while he was counting my payment and looking at the façade.

I got off the taxi and went to the lobby.
The lobby was well-lit and very welcoming. Not small but not grand either.
Just right. Very quaint but with a lot of class and exudes an aura of prestige.
It’s like a woman wearing what they call “the little black dress”, very elegant and classy.

The woman at the front desk greeted me with a smile and gave me a list of the rooms available.

My jaw dropped.
The room rates were very affordable.
One of the things I loved about that “menu” of room rates was that it was very simple and easy to understand. It had the room name and the room price. Period.
No more, no less. You can choose to stay for 12 hours or 24 hours and still, the price is very affordable.

There are three rooms available: Wall Street, Manhattan, and Times Square. I think this is in keeping with the New York theme of the hotel, which is a very nice touch.

I availed the Wall Street Room. The woman at the desk gave me my keycard and up I went.

The room was spacious and exudes a very five-star hotel vibe.
The bounced warm lights are a great touch.
It had all the basic amenities you would look for in a hotel.
It had a gigantic flat screen TV with cable access. Air conditioning.
The bed and the pillows are very comfortable.
There is a landline phone as well.

I closed the door, put down my things, and decided to freshen up.
The bathroom was heavenly.
It was sophisticated-looking and is very clean.
The shower had cold and warm settings which made it even more awesome.
I almost didn’t want to stop bathing hehe.

After the shower, I got dressed and watched a little TV.
Then I remembered I needed to check my email.
Good thing they have free wifi. And it was blazing fast too.

I’m pretty sure the stay was inclusive of breakfast but I was in a rush the next morning so I wasn’t able to confirm. That would be for next time.

Overall, my experience at One Liberty Hotel was a very pleasant one. You won’t get shortchanged with your money, the amenities are all exceptional, and the staff were very accommodating.

I would definitely go back to this quaint and lovely hotel and would absolutely recommend it to anyone. It's perfect for travelers, for those on a business trip, for families, or for those who just want to stay at a hotel to have some quietude or alone time.

Be coming back soon One Liberty!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Mark Adrian F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Manila, Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I had the privilege to spend a night in this hotel situated near V. Luna Manila Philippines, the room i stayed in was big enough to accommodate 2 person comfortable. Rooms are furnished with necessities that you will need to have a sound sleep overnight. You can just ask for food service as they cater to in house food orders. Food was quite good and cheap too. :)
Staffs were quite friendly and rates are unbelievable affordable!
Overall, i would give it 4.5 stars for being simple yet classy hotel and service was good enough to warrant their prices!
definitely a value for money place!

Room Tip: Wifi is strongest on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Baroneats
Brasileia, AC
Reviewed 26 May 2013

The room we had was excellent. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was spacious and in very good condition. The staff is great and We saw other people getting great service, too. This might be the best hotel we've stayed in, definitely one of the top 10. It was a perfect mini vacation.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Krum D
Reviewed 5 May 2013

my family and i stayed there for a night. the place is small, but clean in fairness. they have a small parking area, kinda hard to park especially if your vehicle is an SUV. the lowest rate for the rooms is very affordable, starts at 1k++. inside the room's bathroom, it is also small, as for the shower room. it would be hard for big body builts to use it, hehe. as for the bidet, it was placed at the wrong side (left side...in favor w/ left handed).

for their food, i'm not satisfied with the quality. the bacon looks rare. as for the beef w/ broccoli, the beef is hard to chew. so i suggest them to improve their food. :)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank lengnav
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I have known about One Liberty Hotel for quite some time now but I never expected that I'll be visiting this place. The reason for my hesitation was very simple because the location wasn't that at all pleasant. It's located right in front of a busy street of Kalayaan Avenue where a lot of public utility jeepneys pass by. You don't want to stay in a place where all you can hear is roaring vehicles would you? However, I was really desperate. I wanted some peace with air-con and a very large bed that come with it. It wasn't officially summer yet but it was getting hot so I called and luckily I got a room which they call the Time Square Room.

When we arrived, the reception area was pretty small but the receptionist was very pleasant. We only waited a few minutes before our room was ready. While waiting, I read some magazines and I saw what seemed to be a "regular" customer. He was a bit old and kind of vulgar because he kept on hitting the receptionist. The receptionist just smiled back because she knows this kind of thing is part of her job.

When we saw our room, it was pretty neat. It was spacious and very clean. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was neat, we had complimentary bottled water and coffee and we got to enjoy fast and free WiFi. When I looked at the window, our room was right next to the highway but I couldn't hear any ruckus from vehicles.

I think I'm starting to like the place because it doesn't look like what I have anticipated based on its location from the outside. We had room service. The food was good and very affordable. It seemed that the food came from the New City Restaurant located next to the hotel which is also known for delicious Chinese cuisine despite its facade.

Overall, I had a pleasant stay and I think I'd be visiting this place a little often. :) I just hope I won't be seeing more of those "vulgar" people in the reception hall. It is such a turn-off.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank tuffy0706
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 19 January 2013

We checked -in for a single night and we got value for our money. We just walked -in and good thing, there was an available room at the 4th. It was not listed, because apparently it is just a single room of that size. I would say the room is small, but should be fine if you just got a backpack or gym bag with you and not luggages! Shower room was simple, very clean.
Double bed, LCD tv, night table, I think that was about it.
Wi fi signal strong in the room we got and yes, it is free.
Staff was very accommodating.
My only issue is that they do not have enough parking. Well, likely it is designed to be a transient place.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank chachalikestotravel
Bataan
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Stayed here for 1 night, after attending some gig. place was not hard to find if you're familiar with the area (i'm not so we just asked some trycycle driver)

place was big, room was clean, got basic amenities and delicious breakfast too. We booked the Manhattan Room and we are very near the elevator.

Really quiet, so no problem with our sleep. Best part is if you book 24 hrs, you really get 24hrs!

will definitely stay here again next time!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends