“Memorable dining experience”

Ranked #11 of 1,970 Restaurants in Quezon City
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I visited Wooden Spoon in Powerplant. It was a pleasant visit such that I returned more than 10 times since then. I almost always order their Adobo Flakes and Stuffed Pechay, two of their bestsellers. The Adobo Flakes is good enough to be shared by 2 persons. It comes with garlic sauce which really complements the adobo flakes. The stuffed pechay has smoked fish inside and is smothered with coconut milk. Although it shouldn't work, the mixture of different tastes in the stuffed pechay in Wooden Spoon definitely works. The Adobo Flakes and Stuffed pechay are the reasons why I always have extra rice in Wooden Spoon. They are that good. And for the price of each dish, I will definitely go back again and again.

1  Thank Geocbattad

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I visited Wooden Spoon Branch at PowerPlant mall. I'm expecting of having good Filipino Food from a celebrity chef. I browsed their menu and the words describing each dish looked and sound promising. I thought hard on what to order and finally decided to have fish belly (can't remember if it's salmon belly or what) It took sometime for them to serve the meal. When I took my first bite I regret my decision to try this Filipino Restaurant. The fish belly was hard, cold, and dry. It seemed to me it was cooked and they just warmed it up. It was the most terrible meal I ever had. For this quality its pricey, I can proudly say my cooking is better. As I always say it is better to try and see for your self but I have decided never to visit this place anymore unless Im forced to.

2  Thank Fulltimeglobetrotter
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have been to Wooden Spoon about 4-5 times since it opened on Katipunan. It has never failed to surprise me. It puts a wonderful twist on Classic Filipino dishes. My personal favorites are the dinakdakan and the kare-kare. It's a great date place.

1  Thank Valerie W
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Binagoongan given is salty but the other orders was as salty if not, way to salty than binagoongan. From Rice that we've ordered to caldereta to adobo to dinakdakan etc. Their Iced Tea for me is just your typical Iced Tea. Serving size is great....

2  Thank Raisin_Yao
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Here’s a good Filipino restaurant. It’s a no frills place: but they provide tasty fare, quick service (even too fast!), homely atmosphere. We tried a few dishes, all nice. A good fried rice with crispy tiny fishes (perhaps a little too much garlic in it), lechon kawali (fried bits of pork) crunchy and delicious, a legit – though a bit scarce in size – kare kare (beef stew with vegetables cooked in peanut butter sauce), some pleasant fish croquettes and a yummy eggplant omelette.

The tables are small in size, reduced to the bare essential and close to each other to make the best use of the limited space available. If you’re looking for privacy, fancy tablecloths and food with strange and long names which you never heard of, it’s not your restaurant. Go for nouvelle cuisine. But if you’re after honest substance and good Filipino food, that’s your place.

1  Thank Homing_Pigeon1