“Nice hotel at a great location”
Review of Luxent Hotel

Luxent Hotel
Ranked #6 of 64 Hotels in Quezon City
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel because of its close proximity to the funeral home (St. Peter's chapel and Araneta Ave.) which is about 10-15 minutes away depending on traffic. We enjoyed the spacious room and bathroom of the superior room with 2 queen beds. The bed is comfortable, room décor updated, and the room was really relaxing to stay in. We stayed in the 11th floor and it was quiet. You need your room key/card to access the elevator therefore enhancing security. There's a pool and gym. But what we enjoyed the most is the pretty expansive breakfast buffet where they served a variety of delicious food!!! Also, they served different types of food everyday! The cost of the breakfast buffet was included in the price of our room which I highly recommend you get. Hotel service is decent just make sure when you check in you don't get charged twice. We booked and paid the total cost of the room online but when we checked in they were about to charge us again. Just in case you need to check in early like we did around 6am the hotel charges half the daily rate (about $50) which was worth it. A couple of cons we experienced in our room is the very poor picture quality of their flat screen T.V. and the shower takes a long time to provide hot water and water pressure is kinda weak. There is a spa in the hotel for basic massages, manicures and pedicures but their spa does not have a steam and sauna and only takes cash. You can't charge it to your room. But that's ok because this hotel is surrounded by spas like the Royal Palace spa which is right across from the hotel. Also, you're close to a lot of restaurants so if you are jet-lagged you can take a 5minute taxi ride to Gerry's grill that closes at 2am. If you are familiar with the area this hotel is across the Imperial Place suites. Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a new, nice, clean, and comfortable hotel in this area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SanMiguelgrl

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We went to this fairly new hotel to celebrate our anniversary with our 2 kids (ages 4 and 11 month baby).We had a blast! My son didn't want to go home and just wanted to stay there. Though, since the hotel is quite new, there is still a distinct smell of newly painted walls and the card scanner (i think) for the elevator doesn't work yet, at the time we stayed.

The room had 2 queen sized beds and it was lovely and very comfortable. The bathroom was very clean (no bathtub though). It was beautiful.

Employees were friendly and are always willing to serve and help.

The adult pool, was also beautiful. It wasn't that big but you can enjoy a dip. There was also a kiddie pool at the side and my son and daughter enjoyed their swim.

They do give out promotions or discounts from time to time and it's worth it. the breakfast included has limited selections but it was delicious. I loved the pastries.

Definitely we will be back as soon as we have the time to relax. We enjoyed our anniversary spent with our kids and we can see how they also enjoyed our stay there. :)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kraigykeisha
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I wasn't sure about booking a suburban hotel but fear of Manila traffic meant that I wanted to be close to my customer's offices. I need not have worried, Luxent is a great hotel.

Check-in is smooth. I didn't like the "deposit" when they've got a credit card, I think it cheapens their host/guest relationship, but it isn't the first time I've seen the practice so I'll let it go.

The room was great. Large, well equipped, good desk and chair, great television, DVD player ... the only surprising omission was a clock. In these days of smartphones and tablets, I guess people don't need clocks any more.

The bed was superb. Very comfortable, and also very well made by housekeeping.

The bathroom was large, with a very large walk-in shower. It had basic amenities. My only small complaint is that the water wasn't hot enough at any time, and by 8am appeared to be going cold.

I ate room service a couple of nights. It was prompt, and well prepared. Buffet breakfasts were well done. Perhaps not as much choice as 5-star properties in central Manila, but better than many in which I've stayed.

Check-out was handled quickly and efficiently, except for a "housekeeping check" where they count the towels, coffee cups, beds, etc., to make sure I'm not stealing the room as I leave. Again, I think it really cheapens the relationship.

Despite my small concerns about the relationship between host and guest, I still found that this hotel truly exceeded my expectations, and I would not hesitate to book it again if I was visiting the Quezon City area.

Room Tip: Given the hotel layout, and double glazing in the windows, I think it would be difficult to get a no...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank RonDunn
Reviewed 19 September 2013

1 to 2 hour drive by Taxi from International Airport dependent on traffic conditions
Wanted $6K deposit on check in, Airport transfer available P1300 one way.
Generally a very VERY good hotel. Would stay here again & Again.
Great room - great views - Twin Queen size beds.
Key card entry (including the lift)
DVD player available in the room.
Handy to comedy clubs including Zirco
Staff were very friendly & helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kalboHastings
Reviewed 11 September 2013

The Luxent is a really nice place, check-in and check-out was real quick and easy. I was going to stay at the Imperial Palace or the Cocoon, the prices were the same but the Luxent was in a better location, the street the Cocoon was on there was construction which made it difficult to cross the street.
The staff was superb, they were always friendly and quick with a smile, Mike, the bar and dinning room manager was great, thanks Mike, also thanks to Darwin, Dianne, Karen, Cyril and Earl. The front desk girls were so nice also, sorry I can't remember all the names.
There is an ATM right across the street and the charge is 200 pesos for the fee, which is about 4.50 usd at the 44 pesos exchange rate. There are usually some homeless around that area, but the gentlemen that open the doors for you will be more than happy to go with you, I give them a 20 or 50 peso tip.
There are several places in walking distance, If you come out of the hotel and take a right there is, the Robinson's supermarket which is interesting, it is more than a grocery store, there is a McDonalds and a Burger King. Also there is a bar/restaurant called Danny's grill, really good dim sum and very cheap beer, they have live bands and some of them are very good, I was surprised.
Sorry, back to the hotel, the room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable with great pillows.
The SHOWER, fantastic, there was glass on each side so you could see from the bathroom through the shower to the bed, I thought it was very cool.
The AC works very well, I had to turn it up because the room got chilly.
The rooms have outlets that are good for US plugs that will charge your phone or other items, but when you enter the room, you have to put your key card in the little box to turn on the rooms power, so when you leave and take your key, the power goes off in a few minutes, so you may want to get 2 keys if you want to keep power on to charge things. No need to buy the power converters like I did, they have standard US plug ins also.
The Luxent has "HOT" water just like most places in the south pacific or the Caribbean, you can expect slightly warm at best.
Hope this helps you and what to expect, I highly recommend the Luxent.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank ellijay1
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my overnight stay with my son.Room is tidy and clean and yes the beds, it is comfortable. I would like to stay there again for sure. The hotel's buffet breakfast..nice. Pool is lovely during sunset.. location wise it is great!

• Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank Gie A
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed here with my family- hubby, 4 month old baby, mom and 2 teenage sisters.

I don't know if other hotels are doing it too but I liked their security measure about the elevator- you have to insert your room card in the elevator for it to take you beyond the 5th floor-otherwise you cant go to the rooms.

Beds- Double beds were ok enough, firm yet comfy
Room-Large enough to house a flat screen tv, table, chair and closet
cr-spacious and clean enough

The aircon was cool enough but I hated that it adjusted from time to time- We set it at 24c but it became higher or lower from time to time. The stopper(or whatever it's called) that switches the water from faucet to shower wouldnt stay put for a couple of minutes.

Breakfast buffet selection was acceptable for its price and it was also good that they had an extra number of bread selections, something I've only seen in more expensive spreads such as Dusit and Spiral. Meat and Cheese selection were so-so and nothing to rave or rant about...except maybe for the liempo..it was yummy! :)

My sister will celebrate her 18th bdae in early 2015 and we're thinking of doing preps here since rooms are spacious and well appointed. :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family