“Don't judge a hotel by its lobby.”
Review of Luxent Hotel

Luxent Hotel
Ranked #6 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Get past the lobby and your impression of this hotel goes from blah to wow! I was impressed. It is conveniently located at Timog Ave near the roundabout of Tomas Morato, where food trippers have a wide range of restos and nightlife happenings. This hotel is also only 10-30 mins away from the Trinoma, Eastwood, Galleria or Shangrila malls. We stayed in a 10th floor room facing east. The deluxe room is big, clean, has good lighting and with modern interiors. It has two queen size beds, cable on a 42 inch flat screen TV, stacked mini fridge and pantry, closet with a safe, adequately sized working table. The bathroom is likewise well lit and with the usual amenities. Wifi is available for free. The elevator requires key card activation for the guest rooms (a plus for security conscious folks like me!). Buffet breakfast is included in the room rate. There is a wide assortment of soups, fruits, meats and breads (they bake their own bread -yummy!). There is a pool, a gym and spa.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Annie E

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel actually exceeded my expectations. I never thought there would be something as good as this in this city.

The Deluxe King room was a very good choice. Modern interiors and super clean! I was inlove with the bathroom!

Their pool looks lovely at night. Lucky us, we got the pool all to ourselves the day we checked in.

Their breakfast buffet is also something. You wouldn't be disappointed with anything.

Also a plus is the location of the hotel. It is but a short walking distance away from all the good restaurants, cafes and bars in Timog.

Will definitely recommend Luxent to anyone who's wishing for a relaxing weekend staycation!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michified
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The Luxent Hotel opened in July 2012 and is adjacent to South Triangle and Quezon City's famous Tomas Morato Street restaurant strip.

Asia Travel's price was good.

Having taken an extraordinary two hours from the airport on a weekday early evening by taxi, as the train (MRT) was not an option due to me having a suitcase, I was not in a good mood.

However Bobby checked me in quickly and I was soon in one of the two lifts and on the 15th floor.

The room was spacious, being carpeted in the bedroom with stripes of blue, black and yellow. It was scrupulously clean.

There was an excellent desk with a good chair, although not one on which anyone ought lean back too far. There was a desk lamp and an adjacent room lamp, along with writing paper but apart from a room service menu, no explanation of hotel facilities.

The LG flatscreen television had BBC World and CNN but lacked Australia TV.

The minibar was stocked with soft drinks and juice (P80) and beer (P100) along with chips.

There was a good wardrobe that was internally lit along with a roomy electronic safe.

Airconditioning was effective but not quite as silent as I have experienced elsewhere. There was a good kettle and free tea and coffee.

The two double beds were a bit too hard but the linen was excellent quality, although the lack of a top sheet was irritating. The bedside tables had lamps but no alarm clock.

The roomy bathroom had good lighting, a very spacious shower with instant hot water but tiles that may be slippery for an older person if not very careful. Standard free toiletries were provided. There was a makeup mirror.

Breakfast in Garden Cafe was excellent with an egg station, a terrific range of breads and pastries including delicious cinnamon twist doughnuts and fresh mango and papaya.

There was an ethernet cable in the room plus fast WiFi.

The windows are double glazed but this did not keep out all motorbike noise so choose a higher floor. However it was only a minor irritant.

The 6th floor lap pool was extremely clean and pleasant as was the adjacent gym.

The hotel also has Lush Cafe at its entrance for snacks and coffees.

Two floors of free parking are available but watch the steep ramps.

There is a Robinsons Supermarket fairly close by.

While I preferred Cocoon Hotel in QC as it is a boutique hotel, Luxent Hotel has brought international standards to growing QC which is great.

Room Tip: The higher the better due to some motorcycle noise in the early morning and particularly late at nig...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Victorianlad
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel because of its close proximity to the funeral home (St. Peter's chapel and Araneta Ave.) which is about 10-15 minutes away depending on traffic. We enjoyed the spacious room and bathroom of the superior room with 2 queen beds. The bed is comfortable, room décor updated, and the room was really relaxing to stay in. We stayed in the 11th floor and it was quiet. You need your room key/card to access the elevator therefore enhancing security. There's a pool and gym. But what we enjoyed the most is the pretty expansive breakfast buffet where they served a variety of delicious food!!! Also, they served different types of food everyday! The cost of the breakfast buffet was included in the price of our room which I highly recommend you get. Hotel service is decent just make sure when you check in you don't get charged twice. We booked and paid the total cost of the room online but when we checked in they were about to charge us again. Just in case you need to check in early like we did around 6am the hotel charges half the daily rate (about $50) which was worth it. A couple of cons we experienced in our room is the very poor picture quality of their flat screen T.V. and the shower takes a long time to provide hot water and water pressure is kinda weak. There is a spa in the hotel for basic massages, manicures and pedicures but their spa does not have a steam and sauna and only takes cash. You can't charge it to your room. But that's ok because this hotel is surrounded by spas like the Royal Palace spa which is right across from the hotel. Also, you're close to a lot of restaurants so if you are jet-lagged you can take a 5minute taxi ride to Gerry's grill that closes at 2am. If you are familiar with the area this hotel is across the Imperial Place suites. Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a new, nice, clean, and comfortable hotel in this area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SanMiguelgrl
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We went to this fairly new hotel to celebrate our anniversary with our 2 kids (ages 4 and 11 month baby).We had a blast! My son didn't want to go home and just wanted to stay there. Though, since the hotel is quite new, there is still a distinct smell of newly painted walls and the card scanner (i think) for the elevator doesn't work yet, at the time we stayed.

The room had 2 queen sized beds and it was lovely and very comfortable. The bathroom was very clean (no bathtub though). It was beautiful.

Employees were friendly and are always willing to serve and help.

The adult pool, was also beautiful. It wasn't that big but you can enjoy a dip. There was also a kiddie pool at the side and my son and daughter enjoyed their swim.

They do give out promotions or discounts from time to time and it's worth it. the breakfast included has limited selections but it was delicious. I loved the pastries.

Definitely we will be back as soon as we have the time to relax. We enjoyed our anniversary spent with our kids and we can see how they also enjoyed our stay there. :)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kraigykeisha
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I wasn't sure about booking a suburban hotel but fear of Manila traffic meant that I wanted to be close to my customer's offices. I need not have worried, Luxent is a great hotel.

Check-in is smooth. I didn't like the "deposit" when they've got a credit card, I think it cheapens their host/guest relationship, but it isn't the first time I've seen the practice so I'll let it go.

The room was great. Large, well equipped, good desk and chair, great television, DVD player ... the only surprising omission was a clock. In these days of smartphones and tablets, I guess people don't need clocks any more.

The bed was superb. Very comfortable, and also very well made by housekeeping.

The bathroom was large, with a very large walk-in shower. It had basic amenities. My only small complaint is that the water wasn't hot enough at any time, and by 8am appeared to be going cold.

I ate room service a couple of nights. It was prompt, and well prepared. Buffet breakfasts were well done. Perhaps not as much choice as 5-star properties in central Manila, but better than many in which I've stayed.

Check-out was handled quickly and efficiently, except for a "housekeeping check" where they count the towels, coffee cups, beds, etc., to make sure I'm not stealing the room as I leave. Again, I think it really cheapens the relationship.

Despite my small concerns about the relationship between host and guest, I still found that this hotel truly exceeded my expectations, and I would not hesitate to book it again if I was visiting the Quezon City area.

Room Tip: Given the hotel layout, and double glazing in the windows, I think it would be difficult to get a no...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank RonDunn
Reviewed 19 September 2013

1 to 2 hour drive by Taxi from International Airport dependent on traffic conditions
Wanted $6K deposit on check in, Airport transfer available P1300 one way.
Generally a very VERY good hotel. Would stay here again & Again.
Great room - great views - Twin Queen size beds.
Key card entry (including the lift)
DVD player available in the room.
Handy to comedy clubs including Zirco
Staff were very friendly & helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple