“Ramen Wars : Hanamarukn”
Review of Hanamaruken

Hanamaruken
Ranked #26 of 1,909 Restaurants in Quezon City
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Having to buys something @ Trinoma, we got the chance to dine at Hanamaruken to try their ramen Pot Belly Ramen and Salary Man Ramen (Pork shoulder)

Miso Broth - Extremely Excellent shoyu pork broth. A balance of saltiness and a tincture of rice wine i believe.
Pork - Excellent texture and taste. There pot belly is very flavorful like barbecued pork.
Noodles are less than average of wheat version with very little texture.
Eggs at 50 pesos each

Service is average - we waited 15 minutes for the Salary Man Ramen and 25 minutes for the Pot Belly Ramen
Servers are attentive. 8% SC applies
Servers are not as noisy as the other ramen joints

Notes : the color of the pork or broth does look typical but the taste is spectacular
Though the noodles did not much have character but i would still give the dish and place an excellent rating which compares well to other joints in town.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Upon entering Hanamaruken Ramen bar, I was greeted by a modern interior with Japanese touches like vases and the Zen-inspired wooden furniture. After taking my seat I selected the house favorite - the Happiness Bowl, and I ordered the creamy Japanese eggs on the side, and the Green Iced tea.

The Green Iced Tea came in first, and the flavor was refreshing but somewhat a bit bland.

Afterwards the Happiness Bowl arrived, and I was shocked by the size - first the bowl, and then the slab of deep brown pork sitting on top of the ramen broth and noodles. As I inspected the bowl, I realized there were few other ingredients like the eggs and the chopped green onions. I took a sip and the savory taste was great! I was wondering if I could eat with ease the giant slab of pork - it looked like a log, and looked just as tough - but upon sticking my chopsticks into it, I realized how soft the thing was and the flavor? Fresh, earthy, a bit salty. The fatty parts didn't offend with hardness - they were just as soft as the rest of the pork.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Their ramen is nothing like I've tasted before. Even the pork is very flavorful and tender! But I recommend you bring a friend cause the servings are quite big especially for a petite girl like me. It's a little bit pricey too so it'd be nice to split a ramen and split the bill too! Lol! The dining area isn't as big compared to the restaurants beside but it's homey and the seating makes you feel like you're still part of the crowd---No wonder it's called "happiness" ramen.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

With the latest ramen and tonkatsu craze in the country, I was a bit reluctant to try another ramen place that probably offers the same thing. A friend highly recommended this restaurant and while reading good raves about this restaurant, I became eager to try it. It was off my way, but I went to try it anyway.

Like all new restaurants, the place is packed and I had to wait in line. But once entered, the not-so-big place makes you feel you are in Osaka. The set-up is very Japanese. The one-page menu was given to us and there were about 6 noodle choices and 5 rice choices with some sides. Since we were four in the group, we tried to order "everything on the menu".

Words cannot really describe how good and authentic the ramen were. Some ramen places serve ramen that makes you doubt the ingredients they use, but here at Hanamaruken, you can really taste its authenticity. The soup and onions balanced well with the noodles. So here is what we ordered:
- Gyoza - definitely one of the best Gyoza I have ever tried. The crispiness of the dumpling skin, softness of the dough, and the mouth-watering filling really creates harmony in one bite.
- Spicy Tabanjon Ramen - not really a fan of spicy, but the server said that it was one of the best sellers. The soup is spicy yet not something that will burn your throat, but kinda soothes it.
- Curry Tantan Ramen - for me, this is spicier than the Spicy Tabanjon Ramen, but the neutral taste of the ground pork balanced it all, and to my surprise, the soup is not too salty.
- Pot Ribs Ramen - you can taste the pork ribs in the soup. The noodles are soft yet chewy and it is really fun to eat.
- Salary Man Ramen - made with pork shoulders, thinly sliced, yummy to the bite.

We wanted to try their Signature Ribs Ramen but the last one was served before us. I'm pretty sure it is delicious as well since its ribs that has been cooked for a long time. Something worth going back to try. I hope the continued consistency of the dishes of this restaurant though. Looking forward to great moments.

2  Thank cookingmasterboy
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Hanamaruken is on all over my Facebook News Feed. So okay, I watched the video and dragged my boyfriend for us to try because we are such noodle soup fans. He tried the bestseller Happiness Ramen and I ordered Spicy Tobanjan. My meal, for my palate, was not spicy and too salty that I cringed while I eat it. Noodles was perfect despite of the taste. The meat compliments the whole dish.

On our second date, I tried their Happiness Rice Bowl and Gyoza (yey, available that day!!!). The rice bowl has a distinctive flavor sauce which spoils the flavor of the pork. Or just too many sauce? Meat is okay, just that I'm not a fan of happiness or that too much/generous pork. Gyoza were okay.

The people were real great and friendly and helpful... 2 thumbs up!!! :)