“Dated rooms but great service!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria

Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria
Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Singapore, Singapore
“Dated rooms but great service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

This review is purely for the business folks looking to stay around Ortigas / Edsa. (Note: its 1 to 1 .5hrs to Makati in traffic. The rooms are dated but I got an upgrade which was great. However, I think what deserves to be mentioned is that the service was impeccable! From the doorman to the receptionist to the wait staff. Great restaurant setting for casual business chat / buffet selection for Lunch / Dinner catering to various taste buds. Wifi was rather week but cable internet in the room was acceptable! Decent Gym and a small pool shared with Holiday Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Felipe_Gotor, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for spending your time to share with us your comments. We value your commendations especially on our impeccable service. We work very hard hard to please our guests and it warms our heart to read reviews such as this.

Regarding our rooms, we are currently looking into improving our room conditions as part of our action plan by next year.

Again, thank you and we look forward to be of service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I once again booked at this hotel because I had received the best service from my past stays. However, this time it was different. I had booked rate with bfast for 2.

Pros:
1. Check-in process was smooth, Charlie (I dunno if its correct) accommodated me with my request of a 2 queens at higher floor.
2. Manager seemed very attentive and eager to resolve issues. Fast action!

Cons:
1. I put a wake up call but was not done
2. Confusion about rate booked at the restaurant saying only 1 person could have bfast, staff forgot to walk me to my seat/table and to offer coffee or tea (dunno if it is standard but other guests were attended to by other staff, I envy them, haha)

The issues were resolved by the Duty Manager (Fae). Despite what happened, I would still love to stay and dine at this hotel and even recommend it to my friends as I know for a fact that this hotel really lives by the hospitality promise and that the issues were isolated (does not happen every time).

Room Tip: They have spacious rooms. I recommend upgrading to Club floor. Corner rooms also seems more spacious...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JtagTripAd
Felipe_Gotor, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We have mentioned this to our team members and they are happy to hear such words of appreciation. Likewise, the comments you have mentioned about breakfast and wake up call are areas for improvement.

Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria aims to continuously improve so that we can better serve our valued guests, like you. Once again, thank you and see you soon!
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Located next to a shopping mall in the busy city, it is convenient choice for business travellers if you do not wish to venture far for meals. Traffic can get pretty congested around the hotel, taking a good few minutes just to inch towards the drop-off point from a street away. Hotel interior and rooms are inviting with a new feel and modern decor.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Felipe_Gotor, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for making Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria your preferred hotel during your recent stay in Manila.

We appreciate your positive feedback. I am glad to know that your appreciate the hotel's location and its direct mall access.

We hope to welcome you again soon

Yours sincerely,

Felipe Gotor
Executive Assistant Manager
Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria
Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

PROS:

Excellent staff, specially the check in counter, the concierge and the guest services.

spacious and clean room.

ample breakfast selection

CONS:

the hotel is beside a major thoroughfare, expect traffic jams beside the hotel.

the pool and fitness center is shared with holiday inn, the pool is too small and the fitness center is being managed by a third party, letting more non-guests to access the gym, leaving no machines for guests.

Room Tip: pick a room facing the village.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Sunkissedguy,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room and the majority of features provided. I would also like to apologize for the dissatisfaction you had experienced during your stay. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the pool and the fitness center have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Luzon, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed in the hotel upon arriving for my vacation. I stayed for 2 nights and overall I am still a satisfied IHG member. I booked on-line and the booking was great, upon arriving at the hotel there was a problem with the booking. According to the front desk my booking doesn’t include breakfast but the site says that breakfast is free when I booked but immediately the guy fixed this issue gave me and my wife free breakfast with the room. As always since I am not yet an elite member of IHG part of my concern is free Wi-Fi connection, this is a concern for me because even though there’s a free internet connection in the room it is a “wired” connection though and since I moved over to using a tablet I no longer or the best way to put it, unable to use the “wired” connection. So to my surprise and relief, the guy in the front desk gave me free Wi-Fi access. I do hope this is a change in IHG policies instead of just being a Crowne Plaza amenity. The room was great, quite comfortable and spacious for a De Luxe room. The breakfast was okay though there were a lot of choices, it kind of lacks something (but I can’t quite grasp it). One problem I experienced is valet parking. You have to get your car 20-30 minutes in advance because it really takes a while for them to get your car. Overall, I enjoyed my stay in the hotel and will definitely go back again soon.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your loyalty, at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria we give importance to our IHG Rewards Club Members. We ensure that they are recognized and rewarded for their loyalty.

We are delighted of your positive feedback and even more glad knowing that you will definitely coming back.

Me and my team are looking forward to your return.

Felipe Gotor
Executive Assistant Manager
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

The room was spacious and had good desk space for work, but the decoration is outdated, with dark and dull colors which give the room a dirty appearance. The bed was uncomfortable, but it seems that stone-hard mattresses are the norm in a number of Asian countries. I selected the hotel for its location, but given the traffic pattern in the area it turned out to be less convenient than anticipated. It was an extra plus that the hotel is connected to the Robinson shopping mall. The restaurant was a pleasant surprise with first rate service and really good food. Front desk service was also very good. The spa is shared with Holiday Inn, and was a disappointment.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Felipe_Gotor, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Gaviota,

I would like to thank you for letting us serve you better by giving us these comments. This will be included in our Senior Management planning for the coming year. At the same time, let me also take this opportunity to express my deepest gratitude for recognizing our good food and service. We are also happy that you liked our facilities and connection to the mall.

We deeply appreciate your feedback Mr. Gaviota and hope to see you soon.
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Excellent location next to mall wher you can eat cheaply at good prices Good friendly staff (Bar One especially Jowee, Rohanne and Alex ) Couple of problems were i bought all my own products from the supermarket and put in the fridge but were still charged daily for my own goods even though explaining this to desk staff daily. I also pre booked for 4 nights but went i went to rebook i was given two different prices which varied greatly but after much discussion was given a good rate for another 3 nights. On the whole this is a very good,clean and friendly place to stay and i will return in December hoping these minor problems are sorted out but yes it is a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank bazzerk99
Dear Valued Guest,

We greatly appreciate your wonderful words for Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, particularly our BarOne team. This has been shared to them and they are flattered with your words. I have also reviewed our procedures in minibar charges to avoid this from happening again.

Me and my team thank you once more for considering Crowne Plaza as a good place to stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quezon City
#1 of 63 in Quezon City
The Cocoon Boutique Hotel
The Cocoon Boutique Hotel
#3 of 63 in Quezon City

Been to Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria? Share your experiences!