“Hotel: good. Reception staff: disappointment”

Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria
Ranked #7 of 64 Hotels in Quezon City
Reviewed 2 January 2010

I'm calling the attention of the management of Crowne Plaza Galleria Manila. I'm sorry to be rude, but i've encountered my WORST check in last December 25, 2009 (Christmas time) in your hotel in my entire life. I stayed with different hotels all over the world, from all segment and category, from 3 to 5 stars, unfortunately this would be the most irritating front desk personnel i met. Here's my story: Check in time is 2:00 PM, we thought that we would be late because we arrived at 3 PM. Upon check in your personnel told me, "i'm sorry sir, we're fully booked at this time", and the fact that we already paid for the accomodation, months, i repeat months ahead. My goodness, i told her about it and she said "ok sir, go back here around 5 PM" in which we did for the sake not to ruin our Christmas. Afterall we checked in before 6 PM. The staff by the way told me that we are not entitled for the late check out, and only until 3 PM the next day we were given by your staff. Furthermore, we were not offered a welcome drink nor any good treatment just to subside our hot temper. We were given though, only when i ask for it. PIECE OF ADVICE: Being in a service industry, we must: 1) create value to our client by giving them more than their expectation 2) we must create good relationship with them by showing the right emotion and right accomodation thereof 3) that we should train specially our front desk to be more effecient, professional, and not getting confused specially when your hotel is at peak. 4) since, you make and made all the hassle, try to offer something in order to subside the hot temper of your client specially in this situation that people are very much irritated 5) train your staff to forecast and to analyze the availability of your rooms, hence to prevent the miscalculation. Ironically we are on the same boat, i am a travel agent by profession and as one of your valued partner in this industry, i am having doubts endorsing your hotel to my client. You're one of the in demand hotels especially to the "balikbayans". As for the rooms and other ammenities, nothing really bad. Also, some of my family members got some minor problems like door lock etc.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank ilovesurewin

Reviewed 31 December 2009

On arrival we were promptly checked in. My room was equppied with 2 double beds, television, fridge and bathroom amenities. The shower pressure was very weak. The room was very spacious! I had 5 small bottles of water in the room along with 2 apples :)

Definately clean, comfortable. The hotel is connected to a shopping mall therefore you don't have to step outside if you can't handle the chaos outside!

It is only 15-20 mins to Greenbelt a lovely high end shopping arcade with an array of restaurants with alfresco dining! The restaurants there are all very tasty and very nice indeed!

This hotel is about 30-45 minutes away from the airport again depending on the traffic conditions

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank gaynorchin
Reviewed 11 December 2009

I was looking for a place to stay in the heart of Manila for my December trip in the Philippines. I went to this site and looked for the best hotel in Manila, and boy TripAdvisor lead me to this wonderful hotel. The staff are very nice, the rooms are top-notch, and the buffet is just fantastic! I stayed in this hotel for a couple of night and I didn't regret a thing! I loved my stay here so much, I'm thinking of staying there again. I highly recommend this hotel for everybody. I guarantee you, you won't regret your stay here in this hotel. A+++

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 November 2009

My husband and I were very happy with the Crowne Plaza. The room was spacious and clean. The indoor connection to the Robinson Galleria was very convenient. You could find everything in one place without ever leaving the complex.

We were also very happy with the breakfast buffet. There were numerous choices if one wanted an eastern or western meal. The quality of the food was quite high.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2hampsters
Reviewed 9 October 2009

I like this hotel much more than its sister branch the Intercontinental in Manila. The rooms are bigger, the service is less stiff and more personable, an it connects to a mall with lots of restaurants, shops and a cinema chain. It is quite far though, so if you have to do business in Makati it's not much of an option Still, if I can I'd prefer to stay here. One of the best choices in Manila for sure.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Werckmeister
Reviewed 23 September 2009

This hotel is much newer compared to its adjacent sister hotel, Holiday Inn which is just next door. Both the hotels shared the same facilities. In fact, if you want to use the gym you need to pass through the swimming pool (small) and then go through the Holiday Inn entrance. This is rather inconvenient. And the gym is rather exhausted and in a terrible situation. The machines are tired, there is no bathroom or locker and you dont even get a work out towel!!

That apart, the room is of a confortable size. The bathroom is huge and the amenities are sufficient. It fits the bill of somewhere a 4.5 star hotel, but if you take into account the quality of facilities it provides (swimming pool & gym) , then it may just be a 4 star hotel. The breakfast at the hotel is good with plenty of choices.

Location wise, it sits on top, or rather at the same builing of a shopping complex, which make is very convenient. There are also plenty of shopping complexes nearby and a 10 minute walk will bring you to the train station.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank GreatGTraveller
Reviewed 7 September 2009

Stayed here for 5 nights, on the club floor. Lots of services included at this level, making it a very good value, especially if you need to use the Internet or business machines. If you are not in a Club Level room, you have to go halfway to the Holiday Inn next door to access a business center, and then you have to pay for everything. The concierge and the staff in the Club Lounge are very helpful. The snacks and breakfast are fresh, but pretty much the same selections each day. The only negative during this visit was the view from my room, looking out on an abandoned building. Otherwise, I highly recommend this hotel if you have business in this area of Manila.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
The Cocoon Boutique Hotel
The Cocoon Boutique Hotel
#1 of 64 in Quezon City
Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines

Been to Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria? Share your experiences!