“Good Choice if You Need to be near St. Luke's or Quezon City”

Stone House Quezon City
Ranked #37 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Stayed here while visiting the hospital. It was pretty good location for the hospital and Quezon city, but if you don't need to visit these places, I would suggest a location closer to rapid transit. Its a budget hotel and that is what you get. the room was always well cleaned and promptly cleaned with fresh towels and the like. The staff were nice and helpful at helping with taxis, directions, etc. the bed was okay. We stayed in a suite and thought the kitchen would be more usable ( Ie- have a microwave), but the fridge was nice to have. the tv worked well and so did the aircon.
the wifi is pretty fast and it is free in the restuarant, which is always open. the wait staff is good, but not a lot of choices for vegetarians

Room Tip: Ask for aroom away from the street
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank lovetotravelFl
onerivercentral, Owner at Stone House Quezon City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Hi too bad we didn't know your a vegetarian cause if we only knew we could have prepared a special meal just for you. The hotel is also close to Tomas Morato were there are a lot of fine dinning and fast food restaurant. Greens which is known for being a vegetarian restaurant is also 5 to 10 minutes walk from our hotel. Maybe next time.

Reviewed 21 October 2011

This hotel is only for english, american and australian people. TV cable have not TV5 europe in french (but in another hotel in Diliman University we have and i'ts the same cable operator!!). No solution with the reception and i leave this hotel for return in my other hotel. In Stone, direction suppose that all the world is english. Boy room is not able to help... the solution is "excue-me and he go withou shut the door of my room"
I NEVER come back here.
Second: rooms very small, no refrigerator, cooler near the bed, electrical heater for the shower very dangerous (connection at 5 centimeters of the pommel of shower)
Third: I have see the rooms 5 weeks before coming here: the rooms are very correctly; but when i come, the rooms are not the same.

Cotation of this hotel : if is it possible - - 0 0

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Christian S

We deeply apologize for not having a french channel in our hotel. Since our cable subscription is only limited given by the number one cable station here called SKY Cable.

Reviewed 13 October 2011

The staff and owner of this hotel were absolutly wonderful in every respect, My girlfriend is filapino and said the food was great in the reastaurant as well. Inexpensive drinks also, and close to Timog area of clubs and reastaurants. This is where I will stay when I again visit the Philippines. It's about $1.30 USD taxi fare to Ali Mall. I love the rooftop of the hotel,..many plants and wonderful city views. The staff were just great,....cant say enough about the employees, who were very helpful in all aspects.

Room Tip: Penthouse is best with complete access to the roof, great for coffee in the morning or cocktails in...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gary92

Thanks for the wonderful review. Im glad you enjoyed cooking in our penthouse. We enjoyed the meal that you cook. Till we meet again!

Reviewed 11 October 2011

Stayed for 1 week in this very 2 star hotel.
Breakfast included but very poor quality and limited choices.
It felt strange to have to close the elevator door manually (considering it's an automatic door)....leads one to wonder if the other mechanical bits are safe?

Lobby is a steamy, dark, narrow hall that leads to the restaraunt via a door (also broken) that is constanly blocked by guests and staff ... It all just felt chaotic and cramped. Even purchasing a bag of crisps became an epic hassle involving several staff people, keys, tickets being written, etc. Even though we often wanted snacks, we couldn't be bothered.

The 5th floor is a shared situation we have not encountered before...3 larger private rooms who have a communal living room and kitchen and nice patio. It appeared the staff and some dogs live just above that and we always felt just a little confused and out of place with where "our" "space" was, if that makes sense.

The cleaning staff were very kind and helpful...front desk understaffed and hassled, though tried hard. We met the GM the first day, then no sign of him the rest of the week.

Overall we found Stone House to just be a lot of frustrations like getting a working TV, then a working remote, etc.

Internet free in cafe but paid and unreliable in rooms.

More affordable to book online through Agoda or their own site than in person.

That so many people find this to be "five star" is shocking. Note how many of them enjoyed it so much that Stone House is the first and only venue they ever felt inspired to review. Hmmm.

Room Tip: All the rooms are different and dramatically better or worse. Ask to see the best one in your price...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank SpaProf

We deeply apologize to the experience you encountered.

Reviewed 9 October 2011

Stayed overnight with my husband, two kids, and their yaya. Check in was really fast. No questions asked. The staff was polite enough and did not gawk too much at my kid who has to use a
walker to help him move around.

Room was clean, though there were stains on the floor under the aircon, which was a bit noisy btw. The cr floor could also be a bit cleaner.

The only problem was the bathtub drain. We had to stuff the drain so we can use the tub.

Breakfast was also really disappointing. You'd better plan on eating out if you want to get full.

The exterior of the place was really charming though, and the price unbelievably low (Php 2400 for the diamond room).

Parking is also free, although their parking lot is really small. I saw two dogs in a portable kennel at the parking lot, so i assume they're somewhat pet-friendly.

I would recommend the place to families who just need a cheap but clean and convenient place to stay overnight in Quezon City.

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank Hannah T

Thanks for the wonderful review . We deeply apologize to your experience the bathtub has already been address to our maintenance department. As for the breakfast we have already up graded the breakfast to suit the different type of guest.

Reviewed 26 September 2011

I booked this hotel because of the good reviews and the location is good because I need to be somewhere in Cubao area.

Booked this hotel in their own website, booking is easy and fast.

I reserved the family room which is good for up to 4 people, even tho i'm a solo traveller. Thinking it will be bigger and more space to move around and for my luggages. But the room that was given to me was on the 3rd level and beside the roadside. The noise from the cars was unimaginable. The windows was properly sealed and the wall airconditioner was very noisy too. I didnt get to sleep for even a minute - no exaggeration.

The next morning, I asked to be moved to a quieter room. But the receptionist said that since I booked for the P1,600 room and smaller room is only P1,400. they will still charged me the original price since that room was reserved for me for a week. I agreed, just to get a better sleep. But after 2 days, another receptionist told me that she can check me out and book the new room I got to get a fair deal, which means I will be charged the right price - excellent!

The room comes with free breakfast for 2, and the breakfast special changes daily. It also has breakfast buffet and changes daily too. I liked their stewed banana but it was gone quickly.

The hotel has restaurant downstairs for breakfast, lunch and dinner and at night they have a showband performing. Also free wi-fi in the restaurant too.

All the staffs, including security guards were nice. Only think they don't check all the people that comes in because I had visitors very early in the morning and I asked how they get past the security and they said they didn't even bother...

The housekeeper cleans the room everyday, but only got 1 small soap for the whole week. So bring your own toiletries!! Also, my bedsheet never get changed and one day the bed wasn't properly made!

Over all, i had a good stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Asked a room downstairs.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank MsDiva2

thanks for the review

Reviewed 10 September 2011

I stayed in the Stone House for a weekend. The location is good in Cubao for travelling to the Arenetta Center, UP Diliman, and Quezon City government buildings.

I took a cab to the hotel, it is on a busy street. Check-in was fairly easy and they offer salabat (a mildly, sweet ginger brew) at the front desk. I could tell the room was not going to be a four star, but I would be okay considering the price paid and the free breakfast included.

The hotel is a little dated and the rooms reflect that, however, the room was clean. When I say dated, I mean some of the furnishings, walls, ceilings, bathrooms are showing clear signs of age. There was no iron, refrigerator, or safe in the room but I got used to it. I appreciate that though the rooms are a little old, I didn't notice any smells as I tend to have a sensitive nose when it comes to older hotel rooms.

I say the hotel wasn't quite what I expected based off of a few reviews I read here. I probably didn't read them close enough. I was under the impression it was a slightly newer lodging place. Anyhow, it met my needs for sleeping as I was in and out during the day. The bed was okay. I never got a chance to try the breakfast due to morning events I had. It took me a while before I figured how to turn the hot water on during the shower. It was on a box above the shower. I'm not sure if the water is potable there, so I never drunk or brushed my teeth with it, but used a bottled supply from the gas station close by. There is a lounge/bar downstairs if you want food. To get to any major stores like the malls or grocery stores, you'll need to take public transportation or a cab.

Caution must be exercised in the area as a friend in Manila told me Cubao is busy and fun, but is known a little for certain pockets of crime. I had no issues and found many people there friendly.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends