“Value for your money”

Stone House Quezon City
Ranked #32 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
“Value for your money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

I stayed here for 10 days in December 2012. I found the employees very accommodating and helpful, an asset to the place. The room that I had was clean. I specially liked the ambience in the restaurant. It's very Filipino and food prices are very reasonable. It's the right place for budget travellers. The place is centrally located in Quezon City. Just one negative comment, the duvets/comforters have seen better days. Maybe it's about time to change them. But I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Oliviahafnor
Garrie, General Manager at Stone House Quezon City, responded to this review, 7 February 2013
We have realized that a lot of people can enjoy their holiday by being more practical in their choices. Ours is more no frills but more attention to service. Local experience is what we want to share and not too westernized. Glad to hear you took note of the important touches from service, welcome drink, nightly entertainment, clean room and cozy atmosphere at a budget that will not break the bank. See you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013

This hotel provides all of the necessary amenities, even in its cheapest rooms. My wife and I had a more-than-satisfactory stay for sixteen nights, in this establishment. The street was central and reasonably quiet; the room was very cozy, with perfectly-functioning air-conditioner, toilet, shower, and cable TV (which provides a wide variety of local and international-based channels); the room cleaning and maintenance were flawless. In addition, the complimentary breakfast was always wonderful, with a buffet added onto the fixed menu choices (sometimes, when there was a crowd in the restaurant, breakfast servings had to be slightly delayed, but this was hardly a major issue for us). Free wi-fi was available in the restaurant, too, and the evening entertainment was mostly good, as well. The complimentary juice-on-tap in the reception area was another nice touch. What made the stay great was the staff, who were all very efficient, very obliging, and extremely friendly at all times. When combined with the room prices, this place provides excellent value for money, and it just might be the best budget hotel in the Metro Manila area. All that I must add for the benefit of potential guests is - please don't expect a five-star hotel with five-star amenities/facilities, but please enjoy the service and the prices! (By the way, this was our first ever stay in this hotel, but we would dearly love to go back to it, whenever we visit the Philippines, again).

Room Tip: The staff will be happy to show you a selection of vacant rooms before you actually check-in - that...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Jerome S
Garrie, General Manager at Stone House Quezon City, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful response that you have provided us. Having stayed with us for 16 days and complementing the service our staff has provided you is very useful to inspire them to even do better at their work. They truly are the key factor to the success of a humble accommodation like Stone House. They adhere to our mission which is to make Stone House your "Home away from home". Glad to hear that you seem to have enjoyed what the Philippines has got to offer... People willing to serve you with a smile. We then look forward to your next visit with us... to have more fun in the Philippines.
Haverhill, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

Listen... The staff is friendly and competent. Your room gets cleaned dailyand the towel on you or bed is in a different design each day! There is a pleasant restaurant downstairs. Easy to get to... Just stay off EDSA during much of the day (best to arrive and leave for the airport in the late night or early morning). It is family owned and run. If you are looking for a five star hotel this is not for you... but if you are looking for a friendly, clean and helpful place to live while you are visiting QC and Manila...then I would recommend the Stone House B and B to you! Oh, Just a little joke... I had mentioned to the desk that I was going out to eat at Mesa (up on Tomas Morato) and our help on the third floor heard me and that evening when I returned there was a folding table in front of my room's door.... You see he had thought that I wanted a "mesa" (table) for my room and of course brought me one!! They do try to please! O.k. The location is wonderful. Just a short walk is the Baranguay

Room Tip: I like to ask for a room with an outside view. And also like the emerald rooms with two twin beds...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank MiguelSchroth
It is so rewarding to have repeat clients. The crew of Stone House Q.C. will be glad to know that you have fully noticed how they have paid attention to your everyday needs. Just shows you that they truly enjoyed your company too. We not only wish to make it your home base in the Philippines but a place to make friends as well. Hopefully, you had fun knowing them and enjoyed the surroundings that Quezon City had to offer. Just asked a question and will try our best to find some answers for you. Hopefully, your third stay at Stone House will not be too far away.
orange county
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012

i stayed here for an overnyt for a friend's weeding.. i am expecting so much because their website has pictures that looks so good and inviting but upon check-in i found the emerald room just okay. while sleeping you can hear the noise outside.. they even dont offer room service for their food from their cafe.. not to include the horible so called free breakfast buffet where everything is served cold and slow manner. in addition to my disappointment is in thier website its said theere that there is a free room wi-fi in reality they will charge you extra payment... To balance everything their presidential suite and penthouse is beautiful amd spacious!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Llowe_23
Garrie, Manager at Stone House Quezon City, responded to this review, 22 December 2012
In as much as we value all comments we would like to clarify that no false advertising was intended. We have been in the business for 2 decades to know it will not work but back fire. There is FREE WIFI in the public area which is the restaurant. There is even a sticker that says wifi zone. For someone who travelled around the world most free wifi even in 5 star hotels are in the public area. There is definitely room service because that is 30% of our business. For the breakfast, apologies if local food is not suitable for you. Our breakfast is combination of western, toast, pancakes, filipinos and vegetables. Thank you for visiting us.

Travellers are raving about these Quezon City hotels

Naka, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

I travel alone to unwind because of the pressure and stress in my job.I have stayed in so many hotels in quezon city but now I find the convenient place to stay nice staff and accessible to all interesting place who w ould like for fun very affordale meal and very relaxing at night listening to jazz music.I will book again next year see you guys

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank teresa i
Garrie, General Manager at Stone House Quezon City, responded to this review, 7 December 2012
Thanks for the wonderful feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. There a lot of places to visit while you are here like the UP Diliman Campus (one of the biggest campus we have), University of Sto Tomas one of the oldest university in asia or course if you want night life you could just walk around and go to Tomas Morato where cafes , bars and other theme restaurants are located. Till next year sir...
Penang, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2012

As stated in the title of this review, the staff are really the only redeeming feature of this establishment. They are very friendly, helpful, and attentive.
The hotel itself, however, is an absolute dump. It is on a large main road, so if you book a room and have any designs on a peaceful nights sleep, you will need to bring some heavy-duty sleeping pills. As Manila is a traffic clogged city and the people love nothing more than revving their vehicle's engines and blasting their horns, I found it to be very noisy in my room throughout the night night, and into the morning.
The rooms themselves might having been nice and fresh in 1987, but now they are just faded and very disappointing. Everything looked a dirty, grey and exceedingly worn, especially the air-conditioning unit which looked as though, had I had the temerity to touch it, would have either electrocuted me, blown up, or just not worked.
The bathroom was awful. The floor tiles might have been white at some point in the mists of time, but now they are quite thoroughly a sticky grey. The 'window' hadn't been sealed properly and the sill was absolutely caked in grime. The shower was a trickle that never got hotter that a cool tepid. To round up, terrible.
Finally, the hotel's location is very bad. It is nowhere near anything of note and the surrounding area can only be described as dismal, having nothing at all to recommend itself to the casual tourist. Intramuros, and the other touristy stuff is at least a 30 minute and, in the constant heavy traffic, more likely a 45 minute taxi drive away.
All in all, this place (apart from the staff who, I must stress, were pretty good) is really quite bad. I only stayed for 1 night which was more than enough considering I paid $32 USD for the privilege. Frankly, I wouldn't stay here again if they only wanted 1 peso per night!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jyu73j46j
Garrie, General Manager at Stone House Quezon City, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
first thank you for acknowledging the service that our staff has provided you. We endeavor to make stone house home away from home. But just like other homes it cannot be brand new all the time. If there was any problem with a room just like in any other hotel whether 5 or 1 star we could have helped you if you called our attention. But one thing we can say we might not be new but we are clean. You were right in thinking that we are almost reaching 2 decades of operation but check our track record and there were no untoward incident through those years. Seldom will you find a hotel like ours in the midst of the jungle of buildings in a metropolitan area. Stone House's character is nostalgic and rustic. As to location, what we offer is the real Philippines, truly proud of its people Philippines goes beyond the walls of Intramuros. Our Jeepneys, malls, lively night life and smiles is Philippines. We are sad that you did not enjoy your stay but we hope you will find what you are looking for.
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

I was staying in a nearby hotel in Quezon City which was alright but very noisy and just traffic jammed at all times. When my Girlfriend booked this hotel I was not expecting very much to be honest. But much to my surprise this hotel was a little gem.

I booked a room on the 5th floor (top floor), which was clean and the best thing of all very spacious because there is a rooftop garden on the 5th floor which is just a wonderful space to have a drink or have some food sent up. This area emcompasses almost the entire roof and is usually not occupied so it feels like the entire space is yours exclusively (except when there is a wedding reception). Just an excellent area with a great view.

The staff is very friendly and attentive at all times, and the rooms are very clean and kept that way. Great breakfast and lunch buffets in the restaurant/bar.

Another bonus is that everynight it has "live" entertainment. A different act everynight of the week. I especially enjoyed the weekend (Friday & Saturday) "jazz" combo.

I ended up staying at Stone House for almost three weeks and loved it, and would recommend it to anyone. It is my favorite hotel by far when staying in Quezon City.

I can't wait to go back to this "diamond in the rough".

Room Tip: Try to book a room on the 5th floor, PH1 or PH2, and enjoy the rooftop garden.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Joe C
Thanks for the wonderful review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. These garden is actually open to all our hotel guests. Its a great to unwind after all those trips . Nice area to have coffee. As for the jazz we also offer a sing a long night or karaoke. Once again we are very greatful for your wonderful feedback. Looking forward to seeing you again in the future