“I Loved the Service”

Stone House Quezon City
Ranked #39 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed at one of their penthouse rooms for two weeks as I visited a father and family I never knew about. Although I was a quiet visitor during my stay, and I was very much out and about in Novaliches or other places looking for family, I felt comforted knowing I had a good home away from home after my daily adventures.

The staff was sweet and accommodating. I was especially surprised to find a gift of fruit waiting for me after m my third night. For someone alone and visiting the Philippines for the first time with very little Filipino known, it was nice to have a safe zone like this.

I think I got way more value for what I paid for the penthouse suite. My room was ample--especially just for me-- and the shared living area and rooftop garden was practically all mine while I was there. The Internet was affordable and worked reliably for me, and hot water was available to shower. I'm pretty seasoned while traveling, and I don't need to much, but it was so nice to have those amenities when I wanted them.

2  Thank Don G

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I made my first trip to the Philippines in November 2013 for 2 weeks, where I met up with my partner who is Filipino. I am now married to an' married her on 31st May 2014.
I found the hotel to be in an ideal location that provided a really good service, with tasty breakfasts included.
Room service of a good standard an' staff very helpful.
Prices affordable on a budget but rooms an' service of a good standard.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Pete_Couldwell
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Enjoyed our stay in the B&B for 4 nights (we didn't find too much to do in the area and the MRT was down and most things were closed as it was the Easter holiday, not Manila's fault!). Enjoyed the garden on the roof, very pretty and a nice escape. We stayed in the cheapest room but it was big enough and clean. TV small but lots of channel choice (small TVs don't bother me anyway!). We paid P500 for unlimited internet for 7 days, you can also buy per hour or per day. Breakfast was nice, we had the pancakes. Even though most things near us were closed we enjoyed some good, low priced massages at Intense salon just down the road and a tasty, well priced meal at the Persian restaurant across the road. Basically, if you're looking for an enjoyable budget stay in Quezon, stay here!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Annalise T
Reviewed 11 February 2014

If you're on a tight budget when you visit Manila then this is the hotel for you. It's located in Quezon City, near Tomas Morato where you can find a lot of eateries within your budget. Rooms are small for the budget rooms, no free toiletries except a small bar of soap. I particularly give two thumbs up to their employees, they make you feel right at home. The food is good, I particularly like the pinakbet (ilocano delicacy) and the tokwa't baboy which I had for three days (credit to the cook). Not all rooms have a flat tv, but they have cable. Traveler's tip : Near St. Luke's, and Tomas Morato. Have nightly entertainment.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Garrick T
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights. The hotel looks a bit worn. The Emerald room we stayed in was ok, sizewise, but it was not very clean. The room was just cleaned when we checked in, the bathroom was all wet. The airco was fine, but on an inconvenient place, next to the bed, so you lie in the draught. The bed was all right.

The breakfast is simple and the staff is quite friendly.

Manila (Qiapo/Intramuros Area) is about an hour in heavy traffic from here, if it's not busy, half that time. Quezon City centre is on a 50 pesos taxiride away, so are all the buses near EDSA/Cubao.

For P1500 per night you can get better deals.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mzandveld
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I like this hotel very much for the care and attention that the staff provided. The room was clean and comfortable. My first impression was the welcome glass of home-made ginger beer, the staff were so courteous. There is no Internet in the rooms but there is Internet in the restaurant. I will return to Philippines in February but I will surely stay another night/s at this hotel if I have a chance to go to Manila. There were buses and jeepneys to take me to nearby Metro stations.

Room Tip: very noisy at night, try to avoid the rooms facing the street
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank James S
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I have to agree with most of the reviews here that this place really rocks! Prices are low and there are definitely so many nice aspects to a stay here. I stayed in Stone House several times during my stay in Manila and in compare with other places and areas it really offers value for money. The headlines:
- nice rooms, if you want a little more comfort don't take the cheapest room but take the Emerald, which is still very afffordable. It has more walking space in the room also to put your luggage and a better tele.
- tasteful design for the price, modern yet comfortable beds and lighting. the room is not huge but still gives a sensation of space
- great complimentary breakfast for the price, with bottomless coffee or syrups (juice is a big word, but then again in cheaper hotels u never find real juice)
- free use of wifi internet in the restaurant where u can also enjoy live music. you might not always be lucky to find the best artists there but still its live and free and gives such a nice atmosphere

Minor setback from this hotel:
- no complimentary wifi in the room. It is available but at a price like 200 pesos per 24 hours or so, which I found a complete and ridiculous ripoff...for longer periods it gets cheaper but still...rates like that are medieval...it is for that reason that u can see most of the customers just sitting in the resto to use the internet...something to think about maybe for the management?...200 pesos per day for internet use in a hotel in a city environment? hmmm
- due to the live music the front part of the hotel tends to be a bit more noisy, not really bothering me but still wanted to mention it

Amenities are, for example:
- walking distance from the Quezon city South Triangle nightlife district with many comedy bars, clubs and buffet restaurants for the ones who like nightlife and good foods
- one short jeepney-ride from Cubao with Gateway mall, Araneta and many options for local and long distance transports, buses, MRT, LRT
- walking distance from mc do, or from a great Shawarma place on the corner of the street, nearby convenience store, etc.

Altogether a very nice experience and I can recommend it to anyone who likes city life and just comes to spend some days in a city environment with their partner or to have a central point to go places in and around Manila. It should be noted that this place is NOT near the airport and for goin to the airport by taxi in the morning you should reserve a vast amount of time, 2-3 hours, considering traffic problems around Cubao and EDSA avenue ( I almost missed my plane once :) ). Plus you have to be patient finding a cab that does not try to rip you off :) but that is all in the game, welcome to Manila. You will get used to that and then it is still fun!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo