“not a good stay”

Ranked #34 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
manila, philippines
“not a good stay”
Reviewed 29 September 2010

Actually we stayed here June of 2009, we stayed in this hotel during my 10-days visit in the Philippines, but we're able to stay only for 2 nights, we can't sleep well since from the hotel room you can hear the loud music/sound from the hotel mini-bar. the first time i used the bathroom, shower hot-cold wasn't working... and damn food/mineral water were quite expensive similar to a 3-4 star hotels.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank zoec17

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
cebu
Reviewed 8 August 2010

I was on business had gone to do an exam in diliman National telecommunication Commission,Had searched for cheaper and nice place to stay in Quezon,having read the many reviews i decided on Stone house,To my expectation i was not disappointed the place is good i like evrything everything about stone house elegant, internate was fast though only at the restaurant since i was a solo traveler my choice was to enjoy the band while browsing i enjoyed.The location Is easy to miss,i had a problem with the taxi driver he could not understand English quite well,he dint know stone house either but since i had studied the location well i told Him to take me to E. Rodriguez Ave,from there it was easy for me to locate,I will definitely stay there again,they say breakfast but its not included tho in the room rate

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank brandonlezzy
Atlanta
Reviewed 10 May 2010

My fiance and I love B&Bs and we always try to find a new place whenever we are traveling. We've stayed at 4 or 5 B&Bs in Metro Manila during different visits and have enjoyed them all. But when we decided to get married in Manila, we chose the Stonehouse Inn for the ceremony and the reception. We'll be married there in July 2010.

Not only was the staff wonderful when we stayed there in 2008, they have been very helpful in arranging our wedding.

The bar/restaurant was great. Several nights during our stay they had a live band. It was a nice, cozy environment, and we ended up returning to the Inn for dinner just about every night. The complimentary breakfast was such a good deal that I had to leave extra large tips so I wouldn't feel guilty......lol.

I would recommend the Stonehouse Inn for business, leisure or family gathering.

KZ Hall

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
6 Thank kzackhall
Manila
Reviewed 6 April 2010

I am a Marketing executive for an oil company & part of my job is to entertain & to tour Foreign clients whenever they are in the country.Last March 17,2010,My Client from Singapore flew in on a last minute notice,He called Me up to inform Me that Hotels were all fully booked & asked for my assistance to find Him a hotel room.First thing that came to my mind is Stonehouse Bed & Breakfast in Quezon City,because of its easy accessibility & up par ammenities,& at the same time it is very easy to book a room,personally or via the internet.

So I booked 2 rooms for 5 days for Me & my client ,I got the Presidential Suite on a surprisingly reasonable rate.Upon Check in,We instantly felt the warm reception of this Hotel,Attendants were very hospitable & accomodating,ammenities are complete,the entire establishment was very clean,food was at 5 star standard & of course,The Tavern(entertainment bar & resto on the ground floor with live singers).Where else in Manila can You find a 2 Star hotel that offers 5 star service? only in Stonehouse bed & breakfast Qc,so I will definitely do it again in the future.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank ManilaSkippy88
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 2 March 2010

During my first trip to the Philippines, I had the pleasure of lodging at the Stone House Hotel on Rodriguez Avenue. Now this was the Stone House Hotel and not the Stone House B&B. Although this hotel was constructed as late as 1994, it was a very quaint and classy structure with a special type of ambience that provided a very cozy atmosphere to all who lodged there. I found the staff to be very friendly and competent and the owner of this hotel was a very gracious man who went out of his way to assure my comfort not only in his hotel but in the Philippines in general. Even though the Stone House might be considered a one- or two-star hotel, it provided live entertainment on a nightly basis that proved to be very relaxing for the traveler. The food served at this hotel was also very delicious with a wide variety of cuisines to choose from. For the price of a one night stay at the infamous but cheap Motel 6 in the US, I was provided a top level suite in the Stone House that turned out to be very spacious. Laundry service is also provided by this hotel at a very reasonable price. But what really impressed me about this hotel was that medication was readily available at the front desk which came in very handy for the wussy American and European traveler who commonly suffer stomach ailments when visiting Southeast Asian countries. These are traits you do NOT commonly experience at one- or even three-star hotels in the United States! Basically, the Stone House Hotel exemplified the typical hospitality and friendliness of the Filipino people which made my overall experience at this hotel extremely pleasant. Therefore, I DEFINITELY plan on staying at the Stone House Hotel during my next visit to the Philippines which cannot happen soon enough!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Johnboy1956
USA
Reviewed 22 February 2010

sevice good and the staff was very good but the management was not, i have requested the manager to call me but he was to busy at the bar and forgot about me or i guess he does not care about his guest, but over all the hotel was ok but i will not stay there again because nothing was close by, we had to take a taxi eveywhere, the food at the hotel was ok but could be better, also the room was small and does not have a safe or drawers to put your clothes in or even a fridge to store cold drinks. and we had one mouse, but like i said i will not stay there again coz of management and his lack of or not takeing interest in his guest, but i have no choice i will stay there for only one day and look for a better hotel later.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tron123
melbourne
Reviewed 22 January 2010

staying at stone house solved a lot of issues with regards to going on a holiday in the philippines. In as much as it is nice to stay with relatives, it is also good to have your own space where you decide what time to go and what time to sleep. Staying in plush hotels can drain ones budget but when we stayed at stone house we had time to relax because rooms where comfortable and service was good. Much easier to request a lot of things. place was cozy with a nice resto for breakfast or quick meal when hungry. though they did not have swimming pool and a gym we were ready for it since we were paying much less than other accomodations with such amenities.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple