“Good Taiwanese food, as spicy as you want”
Review of Red Onion Cafe

Red Onion Cafe
Ranked #1,132 of 1,917 Restaurants in Quezon City
Cuisines: Chinese, Taiwanese
Reviewed 15 June 2014

After walking all around the UP Town Center, this looked like the most interesting place to eat. We found the fried dumplings to be worth the wait. The steamed cauliflower and sauteed string beans were very delicious. We ordered a bottle of their chili sauce to take home. We went late at night on a Saturday, and the staff seemed quite tired, and service was slow. We'll certainly be back to try the other dishes; we just hope they won't be so undermanned.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Tried their 39 Spices Beef Noodle (half beef, half tendon with thin noodles) and taste was alright. Liked their Red Onion Oil Noodle (with Shredded Chicken) more. Place is at the UP Town Center in Katipunan Avenue.

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Love the extremely spicy hand shaved noodles!! Must try! Shrimp and walnut, dumplings and lou rou pork are also good! Service is also not bad.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Being Taiwanese, I'm always skeptical of restaurants proclaiming to be authentic but I have to hand it to Red Onion Cafe, its as close as your going to get outside of Taiwan. I highly recommend the beef noodle soup, the fried dumplings, and the iced coffees. Good size portions at affordable prices. I definitely recommend this to all my Taiwanese friends living and visiting Manila.

1  Thank Doug M
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Red Onion serves up a great bowl of hand-shaved noodles. Simple in presentation but complex in taste. The broth is tasty but what really keeps me going back (been there thrice!) is the yummy texture of the noodles themselves. Not a lot of noodle houses in the UP/Ateneo area, so this one definitely stands out. My only complaint with the restaurant is that the strip mall it sits on is still being built on, so the view is rather boring (a wall hiding the newer construction work).

1  Thank JLKLMJ