“My Hotel Stay”

Great Eastern Hotel
Ranked #53 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Upon arrival at the hotel, my luggage was taken care of by the bellboy.The room was clean and daily taken care off. AC was working well. Water pressure for bath was strong with hot water, Wake up call was on time and repeated if I don't answer.The hotel personnel was courteous and with smile; always ready to help when needed.The breakfast was excellent and different variety daily. I feel safe at the hotel. Wi-fi at the lobby was good. The elevator traffic was always light. Hotel Location is near restaurant, mall, golf course,money exchange, grocery, church, etc. etc.. Outside hotel personnel was helpful to get taxi for a ride and direct traffic and parking.I will go back to the hotel again on my next visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nelson A

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed here on three different occasions during January 2014 with a group booking for a total of 6 nights. On the whole our experience of this hotel is that it does not provide reasonable accommodation for its guests. Its a very large hotel, with inadequate maintenance making the rooms very uncomfortable as a result. We stayed in the high rise newer block. The rooms themselves have an unkempt and dirty appearance. You will notice a smell straight away, and gradually you will notice the dust as well. Every night I was bitten by bed bugs (usually on my legs), although the other guests did not experience this problem. I was finally able to prevent the bites through the application of ti-tree oil. Every room that we stayed in had cockroaches. The toilet plumbing failed to work on two nights and the toilet started spewing its contents onto the floor making the bathroom unusable.

On a positive, some staff provided a good level of service, although most were reluctant to communicate. The ground floor restaurant provided a good buffet for both dinner and breakfast. We enjoyed several meals here and were very happy with the food and the price. Free wifi is provided in the foyer which was gratefully accepted. The location on the main road is great, with fast food options in walking distance, and the National Bookstore accessible via the pedestrian bridge. The surrounding area has no character or charm whatsoever.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank penanghill
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The place is horrible! The bedroom drapes are filthy, dusty, broken & very old just like the restrooms! The carpeting needs to be changed too, they smell awful...the bedrooms itself smell terrible...the bedrooms & the function rooms are supposed to be cool & relaxing...on the contrary, the rooms were steaming hot! We had to bring electric fans to at least have some air. The tunction room where we held a 7th birthday celebration for my grand niece was extremely hot too! We lost several items including my usb that housed very important files! We also lost our give-away items, a tape dispenser, 3 pieces of yellow mugs & 15 pieces of Rapunzel tower bookmark! I will be sending a letter to management about the loses and will file a complaint.

Room Tip: Do not even dare use this hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Imelda A
Reviewed 3 January 2014

it's my wedding day and we are all set. We select one of the package that this hotel offers and you know what happen during the reception we were transfered to a different function room much smaller than the room that we have chosen without even informing us my bride and I we're very upset but since the wedding is going we dont have any choice but to smile. the staff it seems that we are a invisible to them you need to call them 7 times just to seek assistance..the reception time is 4:00 most of my guest arrived 3:30 and they keep them waited for almost 30 mins..i know the policy but com'mon to keep them waiting for that long they dont give consideration..my god..no not this..

just try some where else..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Alvin Micko S
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Okay so before my cousin's wedding we checked in to this Hotel (to their so called NEW WING) to tell you the truth it wasn't new at all! It was dirty, smelly and a really bad lazy service. The room that we checked it was HORRIBLE! The bathroom smells (especially the toilet it has yellow stains everywhere like they didn't dare to brush to clean it) the bathtub has this black stains that you not dare to lay there and also don't dare to tap the couch or there will be a lot of dust. (on the next day after we check out I got a terrible cold due to the dust of this hotel.). The staff here are so slow you have to call 2-3 times on the front desk to follow-up everything you requested. I really don't know why some people here use this hotel as their wedding based-checked in where everything is HORRIBLE!

The air-conditioner isn't that stable sometimes it was cold sometimes it didn't blow any air at all and there is no WiFi on the room you have to go down to the lobby to used one.

Room Tip: I suggest you not to check in here! You'll get sick or might hate it because the Hotel price was...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2013

First, I was manipulated into the so called "new wing" this is the con to move you into a much more expensive room. Well, the room was meant for hobo,s & hookers.
The beautiful slide show in their lobby does not display the following.
Filthy/damaged corridor and room carpets.
Zero bed covering.
Old sheets repaired with ?
Bed, when I finally got the nerve to try the bed. The bed was like a sheet of metal ribs, metal coils lay just under the thin cover. Had I drumming skills and stick, could have played it like a cymbal. ZERO... Sleep. The up side is I took time to learn to use my new iPad. Picture to be attached.
Bathroom ceiling moldy and filthy.
Bathroom towel rack was hit by auto?
Bathroom sink tile, smashed tiles with holes( they had something there before the place went to pot).
Tub outer wall filthy looking with rust.
Walls/baseboard looked very nasty and ugly.
View from window would have been great if one was a painter in need of a full time job.
Since my experience began with the deception at the front desk, early morn I called for the general manager instead. There was none present all morning or was hiding somewhere.
If you choose to except this fate, don't forget to bring mosquito repellant for indoor lobby waiting area. While waiting for my ride out of this experience, I took pictures in lobby as well.
No offense meant toward Hobos, you have my respect. Great Eastern Hotel gets zero.

Ok, hope I can figure how to upload the nasty pics

Room Tip: Don't consider this place.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank DenandZen
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

ny mom booked this hotel for her wedding... bad idea!!!! the lobby was Soso but it smelled like something died!!! on the 8th floor it was pretty decent but when we checked our rooom....

MOLD everywhere and the carpet wad sooooo dirty.... the shower curtains had holes and mold.. no one wanted to use it or wanted to touch it.... the room curtains had the same material used on the bed sheets and torn!!! the pillows were stinky andvdirty!!! the tv was blurry!! the hall way had candy rapers molds stains... the fire exit was poorly labeled!! windows were not clean....

what else....they asked us to pay 5php per minute for LOCAL calls!!! the stafff at the front desk were rude and didnt care at all when we complained!!! they even got our check out reciepts wrong.... DONT GO HERE i have more complaints but im tooo pisseddd to write anymore

Stayed: December 2013