“Wonderful Memories”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Almond
Turkey Creek Campground
Trussville, Alabama
“Wonderful Memories”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We just got back from camping at Turkey Creek Campground. Quiet, clean, well-maintained campground and very close to Nantahala River, Fontana Lake, and not too far from Cherokee. The bathhouse was incredible! My boys and I enjoyed Huey, the camp dog, who was a gracious host, and escorted us down the short trail, from the campground, to the lake for a swim. We made great memories and will return again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
23 Thank Bretta B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
tennessee
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Great family camp near Nantahala a rafting. CLEANEST bath facilities we have ever seen at a campground. Sites were a bit too close together but very pleasant and quiet, Beautiful little creek runs through the grounds and it was great falling asleep with the sound of it in the background. Well managed and friendly.

23 Thank peru08
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I have not gone camping in 20 years. Mostly due to my last bad experience. This campground renewed my faith in what a great campground can be. The Smith family has developed a "state of the art" family campground. Everything you need is within close range. They maintain a beautiful landscaped campground. Nice families and groups of people were there. Everyone was very friendly. Wonderful trail to the Fontana Lake where you can swim. Extremely nice bathhouse with several showers with dressing section and several toilets....all very clean. They also have a washer and dryer if needed. You can play pool or foosball. There is a great porch with chairs and ceiling fan. You can get wood/ice/snacks if needed. I plan to go back and my family in NC and VA hope to come next year also. Close to national forest for hiking & attractions. Very relaxing. This couple takes great pride in their campground! You have to meet Huey (the wonder dog)!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
20 Thank cshelton1957
Raleigh NC
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We just returned from our first (hopefully first of many!) trip to Turkey Creek Campground. We chose it based on reviews from tripadvisor, and it certainly lived up to its reputation! What everyone says in the reviews is absolutely true. The owners, who live on site, are wonderful and do an excellent job of running the facility. They ensure that the campground is respectable (and respected), quiet, clean, friendly, and well-organized. I have camped for 50 years and I have never ever seen bathhouses as clean and wonderfully designed as these....marvelous! We enjoyed our site in the woods by the creek...I slept like a baby. We also enjoyed being escorted to and from the lake by resident Camp Dog, Huey. :) Thoughtful details include ice for sale, coffee and baked goods for sale on the weekends, recycling bins, hand soap in the bathhouses, a wonderful second floor open-air porch with view, quiet hours, fire pits, soft drinks and firewood for sale, and just an overall accommodating attitude. If you want to unplug and escape, this beautiful spot is the ticket! We'll be returning!

23 Thank Judy M
Pensacola, Florida, United States
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I just spent a week at Turkey Creek Campground in Almond, NC. It is about 65 miles west of Asheville, closer to Cherokee and Bryson City. It is a privately owned campground that caters to tent campers instead of RVers. Beautiful spot with a creek running through it. All but a few sites have power and water, there are beautiful and I really mean beautiful bathroom facilities, a laundry and even a large sink for dishwashing. They also make their own ice, so you don't have to go search for that. It is conveniently located just off 19/74 on Hwy. 28 near Fontana Lake, and 4.5 miles from the Nantahala Outdoor Center at the base of the Nantahala Gorge. There is a huge variety of activities in the area, paddling on the river or the lake, tubing, hiking, mountain biking, fishing, horseback riding, just about anything you want to do is close at hand. This was my second trip to the area and I only wish that I had discovered this campground last year. I will be staying with them every year from now on, I love the area and this is the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
24 Thank Delyne H
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I have stayed at Turkey Creek Campground many times and is always a great time. I have camped from Florida to Idaho and you will not see better and cleaner restrooms than they have here. A well organized facility with two wonderful owners, Huey and Cleo. Just kidding Michael and Ramelle.

• Stayed June 2013
21 Thank ShreddyLee
Lyons, Georgia
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My husband and I just got back from a weekend at Turkey Creek Campground and we both are beside ourselves happy with the experience. The grounds are beautiful and the owners are so friendly and helpful. And as an animal lover myself, I was thrilled to know that they were so involved in the local animal rescue service. My dogs loved the homemade dog treats I brought them home that Mrs. Ramelle made. If you or your family are considering a camping trip to the mountains there is no better place to stay. Beautiful campsites, all with electricity and water and the sounds of the creek to put you to sleep. I am so excited to plan our next trip to Turkey Creek Campground.

26 Thank Phillips2Fun
jmikes50, Owner at Turkey Creek Campground, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Thanks so much for taking time to post your wonderful review about your very recent stay with us. We are so glad you and your husband were happy with what we have to offer - happy campers are a good thing! And, I'm thrilled your dogs loved my homemade dog treats. As I explained, your purchase went to help our local animal shelter, PAWS: Placing Animals Within Society. Next time you come, I hope you can bring the pooches to meet us and play with Huey.

Ramelle, Mike, Huey & Cleo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Almond
Fontana Village Resort
#4 of 22 in Bryson City
Nantahala Cabins
Nantahala Cabins
#6 of 22 in Bryson City

Been to Turkey Creek Campground? Share your experiences!