“Try another”

Royal Anka Hotel
Royal Anka Hotel
Ranked #19 of 79 Speciality Lodging in Ankara
Reviewed 23 March 2013

The hotel is third class hotel and their customer profile explain everything. Especially the rooms located at the front of the street is so noisy. Avoid it from . And it is hard to understand how this hotel is 4 star hotel

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Mmystere S

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Cold bad food at the restaurant. A meatloaf had pieces of bone and was worse than at a nursing home.
Cut myself with the showerhead trying to adjust it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LUIS G
Reviewed 7 April 2011

verry crowded room, no space to even move around. The curtain was broke, as was the shower. It was not clean. And it was noisy.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Eva188590
Reviewed 27 June 2010

I stayed at the Royal Anka as part of a very large group performing in Ankara. As per group standards, we were three to a room, which made things a little tight, but the floor plan was laid well and we weren't uncomfortable.

Cleanliness and hospitality were average; the food was a little below, but overall a fine pick for a place to stay and definitely a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
5  Thank bhannahjane
Reviewed 29 March 2010

Shame really. Hotel hints of a glorious past - gold leaf decor etc. But clearly underinvested for years. OK for central Ankara overnighter (but much competition available), but wouldn't stay longer.

• Stayed: March 2010
1  Thank wearybanker
Reviewed 27 July 2009

We stayed for one night at the end - almost - of a Jules Verne tour. Not a very nice area, so we didn't go too far for a stroll. Roadworks and uprooted pavements as usual! Air conditioning far from efficient, so very hot. Disinterested staff. On the morning of our departure I was standing in front of the inset wash basin - not even touching the unit - when the whole basin fell out and shattered over my feet. Presumably this indicates 'worn out' glue, and facilities well beyond their prime? All the staff member said was, 'No problem' which it certainly wasn't - for him! Dated furnishings. Can't even remember the restaurant!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2009

We were a group of 18 people on a school trip so we were not expecting luxury, The hotel was in a dingy area that we were scared to walk around so in the evenings we were stuck in the hotel. I was upgraded to a suite because there were no normal rooms available, however The balcony door would not lock and the room was on the first floor. I went down to the front desk and asked them if the could send some one up to take care of it . 2 hours later still no one came. I went back downstairs and spoke with them once again and they told me that there was nothing they could do it was to late and would look at it in the morning. I asked to be moved to another room and they told me there were none available. So while my 10 year old son slept I sat up all night watching the door. The second day they were able to fix the door.

The service in the restaurant was horrible could not get beverage service if our lifes depended on it.

All in all it was one of the worst hotels that I have ever stayed in. I am glad that it was only for 2 nights

• Stayed: November 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank boatladybodrum