“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #3 of 175 Hotels in Ankara
Aberdeen
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed here with two work colleagues while we were checking out a local engineering company to buy. I have to admit I really enjoyed this Marriott. I have stayed in a couple that have left me underwhelmed but this one was very good. The rooms were beautiful, huge and well decorated (even though for some reason I was put in a smaller room than the two gentlemen I was travelling with!) We stayed in club rooms and the club floor was also very good. The wine wasn't the best however, but other than that it was well stocked and very pleasant.
The breakfast in the morning was well stocked and everything was available. The staff were friendly, polite and the service was good. We ate in the hotel restaurant which we all really enjoyed. The waiter was very knowledgeable about wine and we had a very good recommendation. If I was returning here for work I would stay again and would encourage anyone else to do the same.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
ALBERT H, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Ankara, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Havana0 ,

Thank you for this wonderful review and for the great comments. I also thank you for the excellent rating you gave us.

I am glad to learn that you have enjoyed the Executive Lounge access and appreciate you making an encouraging recommendations to the other travellers to purchase the upgrade.

We look forward to being of service again soon and many thanks again .

Albert Helms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I spent two days in this amazing luxury hotel in Ankara. Everything was perfect : room size, people , cleaness, bufet breakfast and breakfast room size. Only one small detail in the arhitecture : you can not open the window and no room with balcony exist. You feel a bit like in a cage. Otherwise everything is Ok : the staff real care about their guests and ask every 5 min how you feel ( maybe simetime is too persistant!) . There is a security filter at the entrance in the parkking , in the hotel hall; lift works only with your room card. From this point everything is secured. Maybe personal should improve a bit their English. However be aware that the hotel is far out of the city.

Room Tip: room with view
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Cristahl A
ALBERT H, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Ankara, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Cristahl A,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share with us your experience at the JW Marriott Ankara .

In regards to the location , the J.W. Marriott is located in a new fast developing part of the city. The large amount of construction going on in the area is clear evidence of the confidence that this part of the city is the new hub! Within a five minute walk from the hotel you have two large modern shopping malls as well as numerous local restaurants.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the J.W. Marriott in the not too distant future and assure you of the best attention at all times.

Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed at this beautiful and georgeous and Majestic hotel.
Of course this hotel it is not for you, if you like wild parties or something like that, so I decided to stay three days (weekend). My friends stayed longer than that, but I had to go back and study.

I'm living at this same city since a year ago, and I wanted to try the hospitality in a different city, so why not to try this hotel since it's at 1st position in Trip Advisor?

I checked in at 2:50pm approx, our room was ready intime, our guy took our luggage, he was friendly, I dont remember his name.
in the room our view was a majestic, they have a great bathroom-amenities. (Luxuious Brands)

General, the pool it is super clean, I would stay once again here in a next weekend and of course as soon as I can.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lex R
ALBERT H, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Ankara, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Lex R ,

We also wished that you could have stayed longer, but hopefully on the next trip. We truly appreciate the great comments about our hotel and staff, I am glad that we have lived up to your expectations .

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

If one can't get a good night's sleep, doesn't matter if everything else is going well, which was the case here. I and a colleague developed back and neck ache due to the bad quality of pillows. Room temperature was very pleasant in the -5 degrees outside. Service was good, food not bad.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Levent C, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Ankara, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Mr. Fabbas,

Thank you very much for your feedback about our bedding and we are sorry to hear that you did not have a restfull night on your last stay with us. I would like to kindly inform you that as a part of the JW Marriott brand , we are using the required and approved quality bedding brand products in our hotel. As also a part of our standart, we proivde feather pillows and mattress topper in our rooms. We hope to offer you some other pillow alternatives such as foam on your future visits with us. Thank you very much for your valuable comments and hope to have you in JW Marriott Ankara soon.

Kind Regards,
Samantha Gozde Esit
Director of Rooms Operations
Otterbach, Germany
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I have been staying at the JW Marriott since the end of October for business and it has been amazing. There is an excellent jazz bar, free executive lounge access for Gold Members and above, and a top notch steakhouse on the main flour. The gym rivals that of a full blown membership gym and their is an exceptional spa as well. I can say, without a doubt, that the best massage I've ever gotten was at this spa. The breakfast buffet has everything that you could want and the entire staff has been amazing. After a week or so, the staff knew my name and even knew when I was coming off a night shift and if I'd want a coffee or not at breakfast. I can't say enough good things about this hotel and the staff. The only downside I can think of is the construction next to it, but even sleeping through the noise during the day is made easy as the bed, sheets, and pillows are outstanding. For those staying in Ankara, this has got to be the number one place for family, friends, couples, and business. It has legitimately ruined my chances of being happy in any other affordable hotel.

Room Tip: One side faces construction, while the other side faces a mall and busy road. The windows block mos...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear A_Traveling_Duo ,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review of your stay with us on Trip Advisor. We value all comments irrespective of whether they are complimentary or offer constructive criticism. Your comments are gratefully appreciated as they assist us in striving for excellence.

We are extremely touched and honored with your nice comments about our staff . They are
totally service focused and do their very best to ensure that your stay with us is enjoyable and make a point of endeavouring to remember the name of the guests they serve.

The J.W. Marriott is located in a new fast developing part of the city. The large amount of construction going on in the area is clear evidence of the confidence that this part of the city is the new hub!

Thank you for choosing the JW Marriott and we look forward to welcoming you back on your future visit to Ankara.

Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed 2 December 2013

After traveling the world for the last twenty years staying in ever brand and every cost hotels, B&B’s and Hostels; this Marriott was simply the best hotel I have ever stayed in.

The staff is absolutely amazing. Many high dollar hotels have rather stuffy staff, but Marriott staffed this hotel wonderfully. From front desk to house cleaning to morning breakfast, I have never experienced such a lovely, helpful, endearing group of people.

The rooms are top notch. Outlets were they need to be, bathrooms that look and function wonderfully, chairs, desk, computer and entertainment hookups, are all perfect. Well done.
Breakfast was a daily trip to food heaven. After 30 days at the hotel, I repeated only three meals at breakfast. There was so much to choose from. The juicer was a hit as well. My kids thoroughly enjoyed trying different combinations of fruit juices. Cooked to order everything it seemed! Yet despite all the wonderful items available, it was the morning staff that made it so much more a perfect experience.

I have stayed at other hotels in Ankara, and you need not continue looking. Reserve your room, and stay at the Marriott.

Room Tip: Any one of them
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 47Driver
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I was in Ankara for a family visit after spending a long time in USA. We decided to have getaway for a night with my wife and chose to stay at this hotel. I was recognized as a Platinum Member during check-in. As a result I received entrance to the Executive Lounge on 22nd floor with a permit for one visitor and also a choice between 500 bonus points or drinks & cookies. I was really hopping for a room upgrade because of my platinum level but I was denied upgrade.

We were given a room on 10th floor. The room was great and had a luxurious feeling inside. The view was also great. Unfortunately, we couldn't get a good night's sleep because of the metallic noise coming from the air conditioner every 30 minutes or so after 4am. My guess is that the expansion caused by the hot/cold air was causing the noise. Regardless, despite the room being very quiet, this noise was a big nuisance for us.

The experience in the executive lounge was simply perfect. Seriously I have been in hotels all over the world was given access to many free lounges because of my level and it doesn't get any better than this. May be the Radisson Blu Aqua in Chicago was better but that's only because it had great Chicago views.

The SPA, fitness center was also perfect. I received a massage which turned out to be a joy. But the biggest thing we were hopping to get from this getaway was to use the pool. It turned out that the pool was closed on both days we were there because of cleaning and it was to be opened the day after our check-out. I really wish that we were warned during check-in. We would have just came back another day when the pool was ready. This was a big let down for us. I complained about it but it was a futile attempt.

All in all it was a good stay but it could have been better.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
KAJ64, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Ankara, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Dear TTT82,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and share with us your experience at the JW Marriott Ankara.

We certainly appreciate your loyalty and value your business; as a Platinum member you are entitled for a room upgrade upon availability and I sincerely apologize for not having that availability during your stay. As you correctly pointed out, our rooms are spacious and offer great deal of comfort throughout the hotel. I am glad that despite the availability of room upgrade, you were able to enjoy the executive lounge facilities and services.

I also apologize for not having the pool available during your stay, it is a rare event that we have to close the pool and I am sorry that you were not able to enjoy it.

Kindly let us know of your next visit and I will ensure a proper room upgrade and provide you with the level of services you would expect from the JW Marriott Ankara.

Thank you again for your time in writing this review and we look forward to your next visit.

Khaled Al Jamal