Look, this is a typical JW. Classy, bright, clean, big rooms, lots of public areas, good restaurants etc, but generally lacking any character. Rooms are huge and very well appointed, but this is in a new area of Ankara and it is a cab ride to anywhere. There is no neighbourhood as such to go walking in. It might be fine for business, but as a tourist you really want a neighbourhood and this hotel just does not have one.
The staff are excellent and well trained.
On the downside:
1. we were heading out with some very threatening skies so I asked for an umbrella. They searched around and appeared not have any for general guest use. Instead they offered me a new JW umbrella for which I would have to pay a deposit of $75!!!! In a country where you can get a reasonable brolly for around $5, I just had to decline the offer.
2. the windows of our room were filthy. Ankara is a dusty place and the dust can come down with the rain, but these windows looked like they had never been cleaned on the outside.
3. Breakfast was very expensive, particularly when there is no option outside the hotel. Nearly all hotels in Turkey include breakfast in the room price. Here I had to pay $25 for bowl of cereal and a coffee
4. I asked for them to call up a taxi to take us to the airport. They suggested a transfer in a hotel car for 100TL to which I agreed. When the car turned up and we were loaded and ready to go they explained that this was a VIP car and we would have to pay 200TL. We called a taxi.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Marriott so you can book your JW Marriott Hotel Ankara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.