“Pleasant, inexpensive, and close to METU”
Review of Dafne Hotel

Dafne Hotel
Dafne Hotel
Ranked #104 of 174 Hotels in Ankara
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Pleasant, inexpensive, and close to METU”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

This hotel is pleasant and inexpensive, and convenient for the Middle East Technical University campus - it is not the place to choose for a vacation. Although the staff do not speak much English everyone is anxious to make themselves understood, so the lack is not very important. The breakfast buffet is excellent, and the restaurant food, though not a gourmet's paradise, is good everyday Turkish restaurant fare. I shall certainly come back if I find myself lecturing at METU again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jmbryant

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I stayed three nights at Dafne Hotel. Since I was there for work I only spent evenings and mornings at the hotel. The rooms were OK. The bathroom was "clean" but old. This is not top quality but for me it was alright. I found the rooms too warm at night - making my sleep less than satisfactory. I was told later that the Turks like it warm.

The breakfast was the best part with lots of choices. However, I stuck with the tea, fresh bread, and jams. Would I stay here again? If it's my choice, probably not.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tim S
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Our project team spent past two weeks staying in Dafne Hotel in Ankara. Dafne is a very good deal ($$$) for a traveler that needs basic accommodation, limited menu restaurant ( serving expensive beer and raki ), clean rooms ( nothing fancy ) and a very nice, friendly staff. Dafne is in the outskirts of Ankara, not close to downtown, but close to our place of work. WiFi works slow in the rooms, reasonably fast in the restaurant and lobby - you can also use their ground floor rooms ( library, ping pong room ) as a work place. Nearest nice eating places, such as Guneaidin, are about 7TL away, but you can walk as well. All is well in Dafne land, except for TV - there is no English channel on room TV. Not that I missed nightly CNN or MSNBC parade. Hotel manager and our friend promised to get one English channel when we coma back in April - inshallah......

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet - choose room close to WiFi modem for better signal
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Frank42-05
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Just wrapping up an extended visit to Ankara on business. With help from a local colleague, we found this little hotel in the Ankara suburb of Balgat near our client site. Featuring a high atrium in the lobby with hallway balconies overlooking the lobby, the Dafne resembles a Hyatt by design, but at a small scale. The hotel is clean, the rooms are comfortable, more importantly, the beds have been easy on my back, providing a good night's sleep. Rooms have a desk and refrigerator and great free Wi Fi. The hotel has full amenities (expansive Turkish breakfast buffet), restaurant and bar, meeting rooms, and as I said, great Wi Fi on every floor. And the room rate is a bargain compared to other hotels.

But what sets Dafne apart is its sense of hospitality. The staff are well trained and anticipate your needs. They are consistently friendly and helpful, going out of their way to address our needs. We'll definitely return, and I'm happy to offer this unqualified recommendation. You will really get a feel for Turkey staying here.

Just to note, this is very much a Turkish hotel, spoken English is adequate, but limited. The TV stations do not include an English channel - but that allowed me to finish two novels during my stay - silver lining!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business