“Unprofessional check-in experience, they made me feel like a criminal” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ankara Hilton SA

Ranked #3 of 172 Hotels in Ankara
Rochester, New York
“Unprofessional check-in experience, they made me feel like a criminal”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

During the check-in process, I realized that there was an error in the reservations and room assignments. The high ranking official of my university was given a standard room and I was given an executive room. I brought this issue up with the front desk staff and ask them change the room assignments and charge my credit card so that there would be no embarrassment in front of my boss' boss. I told them that I am ready to give up my room so that pay for the difference for my guests' room but my plea was ignored. We had to switch room keys after the check-in BUT I notified the hotel about this and it was a big mistake because I was accused of doing something illegal throughout my stay I was treated as a criminal which was a very uncomfortable feeling. Our stay was one of the worst hotel stays due to the attitude of the hotel staff.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Oktay S
jbrune, General Manager at Ankara Hilton SA, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Oktay S,

Thank you very much indeed for staying with us during your recent visit to Ankara and for your constructive review.

I want to apologies for the difficult check in you had to face at your arrival
during your last visit especially with our Front Desk team.

Your reservations was made via internet through Travel Agency and had been confirmed for Executive Room as well as standard room for your ‘’high ranking official’’.
As, the Hotel was fully booked on the same day, we could not have the chance to upgrade your change from standard room to Executive room.
Our team member has been confused by the fact that payment of your room was made by a travel agency and thought he could not change your room.
I am really sorry that you had to exchange your keys after check in.
Our Front desk team member should have been able to adjust the booking based on your request.

Our team members and our receptionists specifically are trained to give the highest standard of service which you deserve and are entitled to expect from Hilton worldwide.

I am very sorry that you had to justify to our Front desk agent about your booking.
We will go back to the travel agent for future booking and also train our team to better handle some unexpected situations.

Should you be returning to Ankara, I would be grateful if you would consider contacting my office so that I could personally make all of the arrangements for your next stay.

Thank you once again for your constructive review and I hope you will give us another chance the next time while you are in Ankara.

Ankara Hilton SA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Everything is just amazing at the hotel. Front Desk staffs are very polite. They're are always trying to help you about everything. I enjoyed my stay. If you need a good hospitality you have to go Ankara Hilton.
See you soon Ankara Hilton. :)

1 Thank Jason B
jbrune, General Manager at Ankara Hilton SA, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Jason B,

Thank you very much for sharing your gracious comments in Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to learn that you were so fully satisfied with your stay and thank you once again for letting us know.

Comments such as yours are shared with all of our team members as an initiative to encourage them to continue their efforts in making our guests feel welcome and ensuring them a pleasant stay.
I will gladly share your comments especially with our front desk team members.

We will be contended for your return and look forward to welcoming you back soon

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

We have stayed a number of times at hilton. Always the staff are great and food always lovely. Rooms are always a good size and clean. Very helpful valet and a warm welcome. This is usually our choice of hotel in Ankara. We would recommend always.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jbrune, General Manager at Ankara Hilton SA, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear DaleSimsim,

It is a great pleasure of taking positive comments about our hotel facilities, thank you for sharing your usual experiences in Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to learn that you were satisfied with our team members, foods, rooms and warm welcome.
We will be continue to serve the best service that you deserve with the promote and satisfaction of our guests such as you. A big thank you.

Thank you for choosing our hotel again and again and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I stayed Ankara Hilton's newly decorated rooms at 16th Floor where executive rooms located. I am surprised that there was no desk for work and a chair for the same purpose in the room. Instead, there were a small berger arm-chair and a mid table. Plus a long accesory looking like a table, but it was not ergonomic to approach to this table with the arm-cahair and to work.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Ahmet C,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience about our newly renovated executive floor rooms.

I am very sorry to hear that the content of our newly renovated standard rooms did not meet with your expectations in the sense of working.
Based on your feedback, we will redesign the table to make at the standard of a desk.

I look forward to welcoming you back in Ankara Hilton SA, on the purpose of greet with your needs in near future.

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

It was a nice place and I enjoy it. Room was very clean and comfortable and sleep quality was great. WiFi connection in Rooms was not free and its price was high but the Internet in lobby was free and speed was great. Breakfast was good but not as good as other places I have been before. Staff were very friendly. Front desk staff are very helpful and hospitable. Engin is answered hundreds of my questions. It was really impressive. Thanks to him again. Totally, it was a Very good hotel and I recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Diego596
Dear Diego596,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience in Trip advisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all of our services especially, cleanliness of our rooms, breakfast selection and helpfulness of our Team Members.
Also, I am delighted to hear that Engin was attentive and helpful. I have gladly shared these with him and taken the liberty of adding my own thanks.

Regarding to your comments about internet connection, as you touch on, we are offering free wireless in our lobby area.
However, I am pleased to inform you that, we are offering different kind of rates according to our guests preferences, our business rates also includes free wireless in our rooms.

Thank you once again for your gracious comments and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Santa Cruz, Bolivia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I think the hotel has a very stylish, modern decor, rooms are spacious and comfortable, the bathrooms seem beautiful and extremely clean as I like, as always the staff that works there is very friendly, always attentive to our needs, best meal I've ever had was at the Ankara Hilton hotel, the reception always very competent, attentive and friendly ... no doubt I will return.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Wendy T
Dear Wendy T,

Thank you very much for sharing your satisfaction in Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to learn that you were so fully satisfied with your stay, especially with the comfort of our rooms, styling of our hotel and found our bathrooms extremely clean as you prefer it.
Moreover, I am so happy to hear that you appreciated Hilton hospitality and our friendship.

We will be happy for your return and look forward to welcoming you back in near future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I am a frequent guest at the Ankara Hilton but not since Dec. 2013, prior to major renovations to the main lobby, 15th floor executive lounge and 15th/16th floor rooms. I write from a room on the 16th floor and there is much to like. The room decor tends toward dark woods, tan/beige tones and a walk in shower with overhead large shower head. Upgrades are top notch, but you pay a premium for the upgraded room. Not sure what future plans are to refurbish other floors. The bathroom is the most noticeable upgrade. The most spectacular hotel upgrade is the large expansion and the rearrangement of the 15th floor lounge. Plentiful seating even at most crowded, better traffic flow near food serving areas, and widening of walkways. The main lobby decor change was less drastic, and I am not sure I appreciate the "birdcage" like large enclosure which frames it, but it shows a commitment to upgrade.

As always, the staff at this property are very friendly, solicitous, and solve problems. The waitstaff who work the executive lounge are incredibly friendly and hard working. Because of that I consider this the best hotel lounge I have ever used, worldwide.

Plusses: major upgrade to 15/16 floor rooms, hallways. Spectacular upgrade to 15th floor executive lounge. Both use dark woods, warm tone upholstery and leather. Bathroom walk in shower very stylish. Bathroom amenities very good and fruit/sweets in room are a nice touch. Staff friendliness and helpfulness. Food offerings in executive lounge are varied and imaginative and the included adult beverages every evening make the lounge an excellent value.

Minuses: Room shower head pressure marginal at best: water pressure and flow need upgrade. Room cooling problematic: required calls to maintenance to move temperature lower than 25C. Wireless internet speed only about 5GBs download/upload at best, sometimes 3GBs:
not terrible but for a major hotel should be at least 15GBs. Rooms lack power plug adapters but were provided when requested: should be standard in all rooms. Drawer space very limited.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
jbrune, General Manager at Ankara Hilton SA, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear TUPF,

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback about Ankara Hilton SA. Getting those kind of feedbacks are the most beneficial way for us to improve ourselves day by day in order to provide best service.

First of all, I am delighted to learn that as being a repeat guest to our property, you found our newly renovated executive lounge so much you liking. It is a honor for us to have a compliment such as the best hotel lounge, I am appreciate.

As you mentioned, we added more space to our executive lounge with widening walkways and created plentiful seating areas. Moreover, serving every evening several alcoholic beverages and variable food offerings on behalf of our guests to have an excellent and worthwhile repose area.

Also about our team members, I will gladly share your kind comments with them, especially with our executive lounge staff and taken the liberty of adding my own thanks.

Regarding our room offerings, I am glad about you like our complimentary set-up's which includes fruits and sweets, also bathroom amenities in case of met with your needs.

Despite all; I am sorry about you were not favorable with our main lobby decoration, we will keep in mind your thoughts in your future renovation period. Regarding room temperature and water pressure, I already shared your comments with our Chief Engineer in order to improve the service that we provide it.

Lastly, regarding our wireless capability, I would like to inform you that our internet service capacity is 20 Mbps. Considering the usage frequency, it may decrease to 5MBPS as you touch on. We still and will certainly be looking into this with our Information Systems Coordinator and any improvements we can implement it.

Thank you once again for your detailed feedback about Ankara Hilton SA and look forward to welcoming you back soon.