“Reasonable”

Best Western Hotel Ikibin-2000
Ranked #23 of 179 Hotels in Ankara
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Nice clean hotel and reasonable prices. Rooms are old but clean. However, daily cleaning service has a lot of room to improve. Staff is very friendly but not fluent in English which creates problems if you need directions or special services. Daily breakfast is a nice treat. Great location, walking distance to shopping, restaurants, and US embassy.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SH_PDX

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed here during a business trip and quite enjoyed myself. The location is great - although a bit of a challenge as this is a VERY busy area, But once I arrived, parked out front, left my key at the desk and never had to worry about it until I left.
The hotel is in a great area, lots of Restos, shops, etc. But even with that, I had no problem with noise.
I found the rooms to be sufficiently spacious and clean and quite enjoyed what was a plentiful breakfast with the usual Turkish fare.
So, yes I would definately stay here again while either on business or pleasure.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Vilvoorde
Reviewed 5 July 2013

It's in the busy embassy, hotel and shopping district, but some distance from the old city and the tourist attractions. The "2000" in the name is a bit of a give-away - the hotel rooms are approachng their sell-by date and really need refurbishing - although we did not suffer from the problems mentioned by the two previous contributors. The breakfast was excellent (in a very attractive ground floor restaurant). There is a wide choice of restaurants nearby and a main shopping street is a short walk away - but the downside is that there is a bit of street noise during the night (although not heavy traffic). Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HeathfieldChiswick
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I had the opportunity to stay i this hotel during a business trip to Ankara and I cannot recommend it to anyone.
Location: fine, breakfast: who cares? Cleanliness is my only concern, and Best Western failed in that aspect. My bathroom was moldy, there was hair on the linens, I did not even consider using the blankets because they were aged.
If you are allergic to dust (like me) skip this option.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Horizontal_Sleeper
Reviewed 19 April 2013

We checked in almost midnight, the blankets on the bed were dirty, we asked them to change it. We were tired and it was inconvenient.
The rooms are aged and damaged, need renovation. Water leaks out of the shower and after a quick shower the whole bathroom is full of water which is disgusting. The ceiling bears the traces of the water leaks from higher floor.
The hotel does not have any restaurants and it is not required at all, it is just in middle of many restaurants and cafés.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights while visiting a friend in Ankara. Good location in city, far from airport (city center is far from airport). It is a medium sized hotel which has a business oriented atmosphere to it. The staff where at large friendly and helpful and the breakfast buffé provided was good and plentiful. The room was small, but perfectly OK. Bed was comfortable, but bedding a little worn.

Value for money. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
pelinerhan, Manager at Best Western Hotel Ikibin-2000, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Dear JNiclas,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.
If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.Sincerely,
Pelin ERHAN
BEST WESTERN Hotel Ikibin-2000
Hotel Manager
tel: +90 312 41199001
otel2000@otel2000.com

Reviewed 7 December 2012

I stayed in this hotel for about three days and followin our remarkable things:
- Very friendly staff ready to help
- I reach to hotel early morning and without any problem I had an early check in
- For late check out it was also 14:00 which is not so much extra but have friendly atmosphier
- They even offer me breakfast for the day of check in which is normaly is not happening in other hotels
- The location is very good near the shopping areas and also emabassies and govermental offices

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business