All reviews open air swimming pool turkey spa services standard room nice hotel included breakfast public transportation cab ride instant coffee shopping centre stayed for nights rooms are spacious choose this hotel business trip the air conditioning free wifi university
Reviewed 14 June 2011

I recently stop by in this hotel for a meeting and after two days the overall impression was very positive. The hotel is nice and located in a quiet area. Staff is helpfull and smiling. The hotel's room are not so big but clean and with everything you may need during a stay. Breakfast was impressive with a great variety of food. If you are not looking for the top luxurious hotel but for a good hotel at a reasonable price, that's the place to pick.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2011

On the positive, the new ‘Pub’ in the lobby area servers a great pint of Efes beer and the best steak (with mushroom sauce) I have had in a long time. Free wireless highspeed internet all over the hotel ... very handy.

Now unfortunately the negatives outweigh any positives. I’ve stayed in quite a few 4 and 5 star hotels while on business in Turkey (Istanbul / Izmir), but this was my first stay in Ankara. The hotel is located about 40 minutes drive from the airport (100 TRL taxi fare), and about 15 / 20 minutes drive from the city centre. There is nothing to do or see around the hotel, as it is so far out from the city centre, but it was close to Bilkent University which is where I was working.

On the first night I asked for an iron and ironing board to be delivered to my room, 15 minutes later I called to remind them, 15 minutes after that they arrived, and on opening the ironing board one of the legs fell off of it! I called again, and once again 15 minutes later the new ironing board turned up. So it took 45 minutes to get what I had requested, and no apology from reception. The reception desk had never heard of the phrase “service with a smile”, and seemed to be miserable each time I went down to ask about anything. Breakfast was a bit hit and miss, a couple of times they had run out of certain food at the buffet, and I had a rotten tomato in my salad!

My complementary water was not replaced after the first day, and as you cant drink water from the taps (it was brown!) I had to but small bottles from the mini bar for £2!!

On the last night I was there, they seemed to be full with some kind of company sports event (lots of people in tracksuits wondering around), I didnt sleep for most of the night due to noise in the corridor outside and the TV / chatting in the room next door.

I can’t quite put my finger on it, but this place just isn’t up to scratch, and is no way on a par with any of the other 4 or 5 star hotels I have stayed in. I wouldnt recommend this hotel, stay in the centre of Ankara for the same price and get a taxi outside the centre if thats where you need to go.... thats my plan for my next visit to Ankara in a couple of weeks.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jaykay1975
Reviewed 4 July 2010

Stayed here for 6 nights during a conference, which was held at this hotel. If you are going to stay at the hotel and don't venture outside, the hotel is just fine, although overpriced. The restaurant serves pretty good food for dinner; their breakfast is excellent and it is included in the room rate. There is even an Irish Pub with lots of LCD TVs and a huge projector screen where we watched the games from FIFA world cup. Their outdoor pool is very nice, although you can hear (but not see) a busy road from there. My friends told me that the spa services (esp. Turkish bath with massage) are superb, but be prepared to pay about 3 or 4 times as much as you would for a similar service at an Istanbul hamam.

The biggest problem with this hotel is that there is absolutely nothing within a walking distance and the only available transportation is a taxi. Theoretically, one could use free shuttle buses that are operated by Bilkent University, but the bus stop is quite far away and the service schedule is nonexistent. At best, the shuttles to the city center run once an hour. A taxi ride to the old part of Ankara would cost about 40TL.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank stanberg
Reviewed 20 May 2010

Stayed there 2 times for bussiness. Rooms spacious, all services are there, very polite staff, good breakfast en a very good (Italian like) restaurant. Two bars, good wines. Taxis never a problem, so allthought not in the city centre, transport is no problem.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2010

The hotel has really 5 stars. More than frıendly staff, nıce rooms. Very specıal ıs the span area, ıt has a lof of space ıs clean and durıng my vısıt there was a very nıce massage lady from Balı doıng a great work.
The only poınt I would make - the hotel ıs outsıde the cıty center, so not too good located for people that want to walk around the cıty.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business