“Great holiday at B.A.A”

Ranked #49 of 174 Hotels in Ankara
London, United Kingdom
“Great holiday at B.A.A”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2011

It was nice and comfortable holiday at january 2011 !!!
Cool place and very useful design hotel in Turkey. I really like it .
I will go there my next holiday.

• Stayed January 2011
Management_BAA, Manager at Hotel Ankara Altinel, responded to this review, 21 April 2011
Dear marow87,

First of all, thank you for your kind comments, we really appreciate them. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, and to inform you that we have finished to renovate all our rooms and suites, and we have also opened the new SPA & wellness center, so I am pretty sure in your next stay we will not only meet your expectations but exceed them.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again in our hotel. Receive my kindest regards from Ankara,

Operation Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Ankara, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2011

I was very pleased with the service staff very good comfort, I would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed April 2011
Dear melissa298656,

Thank you very much for your kind review and for taking some time to share your impressions about our hotel with other travalers in this site. We are very glad to know you had a nice stay with us.

Looking forward to seeing you back soon in our hotel. Receive my very best regards,

Toulouse, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2011

The hotel is conveniently loacted for moving around Ankara. The staff are nice and attentive and will always do their best to help you out. The quality of the restaurant was excellent. The room was modern and well decorated with a very comfortable bed. The only negative thing I can say about the room is that it became very hot and stuffy quickly which required me to leave the window open on cold nights. WIFI was free which is something I very much thank Barcelo for as this is not the norm in many large hotel chains that charge abusive Internet prices. The rate was very reasonable in comparison to other options in Ankara thus making this hotel excellent value for money.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Management_BAA, General Manager at Hotel Ankara Altinel, responded to this review, 7 March 2011
Dear Victor1234,

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad to learn that you liked our hotel: its location, guestrooms and restaurant. Being conscious that we are a business hotel, it is our pleasure to offer free Wifi access, as we agree that it is an added value which most of our guests appreciate. On the other hand, although the heating can be individually controlled from each room, in sunny days it is true that some rooms can become a bit hot even if the heating is kept closed. In such a situation, we are more than pleased to bring a fan to any guests who requests it, until we shift the A/C sistem from hot to cold air.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon again in our hotel, receive my very best regards from Ankara,

Fernando Calvo
Moscow, Russia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2011

We have arrived in a hotel yesterday and already had to change rooms twice. Aparently all of their rooms were smoking once and were not renovated since. I am alergic to smoke and guess will have to change a hotel after all. Also, even though smoking is forbidden in public places in Turkey their lobby also stinks with sigarets.
Another surprise was reception area and general design. Here I read rewiews saying that the area is nice. IT IS NOT. It is exactly the level of an average 3 star hotel in Antalya.
A lot is written in reviews about their great beds. So I have expected something special. Again I was mistaken. The beds are very ordinary.
So - THERE IS NOTHING to call this hotel a 5 star. It is a very average 3 star hotel. No more. I have stayed in other 5 star hotels in Ankara before and they were so much better that I can not even compare.
For me this hotel and I guess other Barcelo hotels will from now on be the last choice.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Management_BAA, General Manager at Hotel Ankara Altinel, responded to this review, 28 January 2011
Dear ilya12345,

We would like to thank you for your feedback and also let you know that we are sad to learn that you were dissapointed with our hotel. Coming to the smoke smell issue, I checked the system and actually you were first given a smoking room (1st floor) and we apologize for it. However, both 2nd and 4th floor have been renovated just a few weeks ago and they are both non-smoking. Guests are normally asked at check-in their smoking preference and their rooms are assigned accordingly. Nevertheless we cannot prevent a guest from smoking in a non-smoking room, as we are not able to realize it until the guest checks out or room cleaning is made. What we do, apart of putting non-smoking signs and not providing ashtrays, is to ventilate and vacuum the room as much as we can, use special odor-taker, etc. but of course this might be not enough for a person who is allergic to smoke. Should you had informed us about your allergy in advance, we may have assigned you one of the anti-allergic rooms we have available, which are specially treated against smoke and dust. Smoking is not permitted in any public area of the hotel except in the garden, and we can guarantee we do never allow to smoke in the lobby area.

Our beds are the essential element of the so-called B Room and when choosing them our aim was to ensure the highest standart of comfort for our guests. They all have a 27cm thick mattress plus a 5cm thick latex topper, 6 pillows of different hardness and size and 100% cotton linen. We are sorry that you did not find them so special.

Maybe you have enjoyed more other 5 star hotels in Ankara, but when considering value for money we do our very best to always be one of the hotels leading the market. We would be very pleased if you gave another opportunity not only to Barceló Ankara Altinel but also to Barceló Hotels & Resorts, since we are pretty sure we will be able to satisfy all your needs and wants in your next stay.

Thank you again for your comments, which we will use as a tool to improve and pay even more attention to the facts you brought to our consideration. Looking forward to welcoming you soon in Barceló, receive my very best regards from Turkey.

Fernando Calvo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2011

We stayed in that hotel for 16 days. The service was amazing,customer service people were always more than welcome to help. Breakfast was delicious and even though most mornings we were late,well past 10.30am cut of time,they still made sure that we ate our breakfast. All my husbands romantic demands were met (trust me he had a list...) and we have become friends with few people in that hotel. Lady ( I can't believe I can't remember her name,I believe it started with S...)who was cleaning our room was the sweetest woman you will ever meet...she always had a smile on her face and cuddle for us. She reminded me so much of my mum.

When I am in Ankara next time I will definitely stay there again-great experience! I do highly recommend it ! If you do decide to stay there enjoy it and remember-I will be jealous...

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Management_BAA, Manager at Hotel Ankara Altinel, responded to this review, 13 January 2011
Dear Yvette_O,

Thank you indeed for your kind review, it made us very happy to know you have been so pleased with your stay and we much appreciate that you shared your impressions with other travelers through this site.

I am very glad that you enjoyed your room and the breakfast; of course it is a must in our hotel to be flexible with the opening hours of the restaurants in order for our guests to feel as comfortable as possible. For us it was also a great pleasure to meet all the demands of your husband, we also get excited when we have the opportunity to make surprises and special attentions to our guests. I think the housekeeping attendant you mention might be Ms. Sevgi and I would like to express you her gratitude for this special mention you make of her.

We also hope to welcome you again in our hotel. In the meanwhile, receive our warm regards from Ankara,

Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2010

I stayed four nights , really enjoyed to stay,the employer is ver respectfull ,smiling face and helpfull to the guest.I think they have get good education,especially front office manager Mr.Mithat Ünaldı and his team very professional operated my staying,they made easy to my business.best regards all team members

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Dear KANDE-TAM,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are glad that you liked our hotel, but what we most appreciate is that you are so happy with our staff. We strongly believe that, beyond the facilities, service can make the greatest difference. I express you the gratitude of Mr. Ünaldı and his team for the special mention you make of them, and I thank you again on behalf of the whole team for your nice comments.

Looking forward to welcoming you again very soon in our hotel, receive our best regards from Ankara!

Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2010

It was a nice stay at barcelo with my older brother ,normally i stay at with my relationship but i choose to stay at a hotel for this time.in the hotel, reception was so friendly and they have an answer allways,they helpful for every request, hotel has a great location especially to visit anıtkabir ...it's very easy to get the city center, Rooms are renovated and i like the bathrooms:) but you should know that the pool is an indoor pool :( price and quality is ok..

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Dear traveller82ist,

Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. We are very glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. İt is very pleasant for us to know that our guests are happy with the renovated rooms, as we are very excited with the renovation project, hoping it will positively influence our guests' satisfaction.

We are sorry that the indoor pool is not open for swimming nowadays, and it is only used as a banqueting venue, but we are very happy to anounce that very soon we will have our renovated SPA available for our guests.

Thank you again for your feedback. Hope to see you soon again in our hotel. Best regards,