Surmeli Ankara
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$89
US$52
US$50
US$61
Travelocity
Akar International Hotel(Ankara)(Great Value!)
US$57
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel for just one night. The staff was fine, the restaurant served very good meals. The room was lovely and the location just fantastic, central.

The only minus is that from our bathroom we could hear the conversation taking place next door :)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2012

The air-conditioning in the room is totally unacceptable. The room is still hot after the air-conditioner has been turned on for a few hours. The outlet of the air-conditioner is at the window sill. The cool air from the air-conditioner is blocked by the window curtain.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KLPoon
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We stayed here 2 nights and we stayed in a suit the personel and security guy behaved me and my children very badly. My 2 years old child broke a vase and they didnt even asked us everything is ok with my children or not... They charged the vase immediatly and said paid 100 dolar for tha vase. Ok ofcourse we will pay it but first of all the hotel has to ask my childs health... And also the security guy yelled to me that take care of my child he was very unpolite. The hotel is also very old and unconfortable. İ will never ever stay at there again.

2 gece kaldigiz bu otelde calisanlarin bana ve cocuklarima karsi cok kotu davrandigina sait oldum. Cocuklarim cok kucuk biri 4 biri 2 yasinda ve onlar icin hicbir sekilde uygun bir otel degil lobyde esimin odadan cikmasini beklerken cocuklar kostuklari icin guvenlik resmen gelip bana herkesin icinde bagirdi sonrada cocuklarimdan kucuk olan restaurantta bir vazoya carpti ve kirildi boyu kadar cam vazodan cocugum yaralandi mi diye hic sormadilar ilgilenmediler bile... Bir vazo icin bizden 150 lira aldilar gecmis olsun dahi demediler. Bugune kadar bircok 5 ve 4 yildizli otelde kaldim boyle kotu bir muamele hicbiryerde gormedim kesinlikle onermiyorum hizmet icin (-)puan veriyorum

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Sole-dora
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We traveled to Ankara by car (4 1/2 hours) because the archeological museum was written up as being world class. (We don't think it is.) We picked this hotel because it was supposed to be .9 of a mile from the Anatolian Museum and because it has a swimming pool and we're traveling with our 7 year old daughter. Nine-tenths of a mile is only if you're a crow and able to fly; otherwise it's a 15 TL car ride. The swimming pool is not an American style pool. It's a semi-circle so lap swimming is impossible and it isn't heated which meant our daughter did not want to go swimming. No one is in the pool which is good, but you can't see the bottom of the pool. The pool is in an open area. The women's dressing room (no shower) is in the Turkish bath area. It can only be reached by going through the men's locker room and there is no other way out except back through the men's locker room. When I was led to the dressing room, there was an older gentleman, sitting in his underwear, who translated for me.

If you're not here for the museum or swimming, the hotel is rather modern and staff make an effort to be helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The hotel is good in general. I was satisfied with my staying in there. Although there were some negative points about it. All I say here are my own experiences and may not be generalized with all the rooms at all times in this hotel.

The staff were OK, although the service was not good enough. For example there were not any tissues and toothpastes in the rooms normally!! After calling the service, they brought them with delay. Also, one day after cleaning our room, they forgot to replace the glasses.

The room was very clean and neat. It was not very big, but its lighting system was great. There were free WiFi internet connections in the room, although it was like a disaster! It got disconnected often and when it was connected, the speed was not satisfactory at all. This was the biggest complaint about this hotel.

The breakfast was good, however it could be better. We didn't try lunch and dinner at this hotel. Also we didn't use the fitness and SPA centers. So I don't rate them.

The location of the hotel is good. There are bus stations and subway stations near the hotel.

In conclusion, if the free internet connections in the rooms gets better in this hotel, I would definitely choose Surmeli Hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family