“Strongly recommended...”

Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere
Ranked #12 of 179 Hotels in Ankara
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Very central location with plenty of different kinds of restaurants,
caffes and bars around the hotel
Very friendly staff and very clean hotel.Breakfast was very good with many choices.Air conditioning was working without any problem at my room

• Stayed: May 2013
Holiday Inn Ank... K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear junior1907,

We would like to thank you for your valuable feedback.

It's so good to learn that you've enjoyed the local attractions. I hope you'll also enjoy our breakfast for your next trip to Ankara. You can be sure that you're more than welcome and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I called all the way from UK to have a reservation, however, the receptionist hang up on me as soon as I said hello. Second time I called I told him not to hang up cause I was calling overseas then he put me on hold 5 minutes then he took my reservation..
What a way to welcome a customer. I am very curious about my visit to this Hotel. I hope I won't regret that I stayed there.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear tommyAnkara_Turkey,

Thank you for leaving us a feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guests' comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

I am sorry to hear that your experience was not what you expected. I sincerely apologize for the level of service provided by our staff fell short of your expectations. Our team pays special attention to each and every guest and deeply regret that we have failed to deliver the highest level of service and customer care that you deserve.

Your patronage to our hotel is very important, as such, your comments will be shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. We appreciate all guest feedback, and strive to provide excellent service to all of our guests. We hope taht you give us another chance and allow us to redeem your faith in our award winning service.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed 5 days. Staff are nice but their english its poor.
Rooms are clean but very small.
Location its fine. The worst part of this hotel is their food. Do not have lunch or dinner in the hotel.
Overall ankara people are much nicer than istanbuls.

• Stayed: September 2013
Holiday Inn Ank... K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Nazani,

I would like to thank you for your kind interest shown to Holiday Inn Ankara - Kavaklidere. During your stay, I wish we had chance to talk with each other. I'm really glad to get your comment about our food, which seems to be one of the best way to improve the service quality.

Comparing to some 5 star properties, room sizes may look small, which is also described in our brand website. I hope you enjoyed the other room facilities, especially the IP TV system.

Once again, a big thank you by helping us to improve our service quality. I hope we will meet in your next trip to Holiday Inn Ankara - Kavaklidere.

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

New central located hotel. The hotel has a new fresh atmosphere and in the middle of the business and government district. To my mind better located than Hilton and Sheraton. The staff is very friendly and service minded. Although some of them speak only basic English. But the managers seem to know English very well.

The breakfast is fine and the restaurant to and good priced well. If the you want to try the local cuisine there are many options in walking distance.

There is a mini gym but its well equiped.

• Stayed: September 2013
Holiday Inn Ank... K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Mr. Thomas Z,

Thank you for your kind interest shown to Holiday Inn Ankara - Kavaklidere.

It's a great pleasure for us to get a nice review from you. It's always our goal to serve a guest-oriented hospitality and I'm so glad you found the team very friendly and service minded. Hope you will enjoy our restaurant service for the second time!

We are looking forward to see you again in Holiday Inn Ankara - Kavaklidere!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Having stayed at a few Holiday Inns in Canada and the USA, I wasn't expecting an above average stay at the Holiday Inn in Ankara. I was however pleasantly surprised at the quality, comfort and cleanliness of this hotel. Recently updated, the suites were modern in style with new furniture and fixtures (including the washroom).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott U
Holiday Inn Ank... K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear Scott U,

Thank you for taking time to write this generous feedback.

It is great to learn that we've lived up to your expectation. It's always our goal to improve our service quality and standards, so we are really glad to hear we are much above the average comparing to other Holiday Inns in USA and Canada.

We look forward to your next visit to Ankara.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

we had traveled to Ankara for work and were not really expecting much of the city. We were wrong, it is a warm, interesting city and worth a visit. We chose to stay at the Holiday Inn based on TA reviews. They were not wrong. The staff, the hotel, the rooms and the location were perfect for us. If there was a 1/2 star, this would be a 4.5. Firstly, I should note that we were bumped up to an executive room. We had a twin room which was spacious. There was a flat screen tv, safe, mini bar (alcohol is served at this hotel), the beds were comfortable and the shower a double size and was great. The hotel is smaller than others in this area but much better as a result (no chance for those incredibly loud weddings). there is a small bar area, a small restaurant (where they serve a really good breakfast, at least compared to what we had elsewhere in Turkey). There are lots of restaurants and bars in the area (walking). To get to the citadel/castle area, you need to take a taxi, but it is cheap enough.

Room Tip: if you can get bumped up to an exec room; the better!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear CavKA,

Thank you for taking time to write this kind review and the good score you gave us. We are really glad to hear about serving as a 5 star property and it was great that you've enjoyed our facilities in Holiday Inn Ankara - Kavaklidere.

We are looking forward to your next feedback in your next visit to Ankara.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

i stayed in Holiday inn Ankara for a week and had a pleasant stay . the hotel is not big which goes for most of the hotels in Turkey . a small lobby only one restaurant . the hotel was very quiet and you don't see many guests .
located in a nice area and walking distance to nice shopping districts and many cafes and restaurant .
the rooms are OK in size but the house keeping was not good . the sheets were not changed daily and i noticed that tea mugs were not washed properly. also the room was only vacuumed twice during my 8 night stay .
also it would be nice if they had a spa or swimming pool .

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Ank... K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Dear Ms. Taraneh,

It is a great pleasure for us to welcome you to the Holiday Inn Ankara - Kavaklıdere. While staying with us it is our aim to provide you with caring hospitality to make your stay pleasant and memorable. Thank you for taking time to share your feedback and I do apologize for any inconvenience that you've experienced while staying with us. We will definetely share your issue with our Housekeeper for improvement. We wish to have a spa or swimming pool too, but it seems it is not possible for the time being. I hope we will have a chance to welcome you back to our hotel in the future and meet all your expectations.

With Best Regards,