“Reception is amateur”

Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere
Ranked #12 of 178 Hotels in Ankara
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I used this hotel for my guests twice.
Hotel itself is new and good, staff is friendly other than below mentioned.
But i felt frustration with desk's inexperience and amateurness handling the situations.

First time we reserved a meeting room (small one) in advance.
But when the time came they could not find the room keys.
We had to wait at the door for 10-15 minutes.
Besides, meeting room was too hot and there was no cooling system.
It was only heating so we had to have open door meeting with our Japanese guests.
Which is almost unacceptable in Japanese business customs.

Second time, I made reservation for my guests with my credit card.
Reception said they have to charge me for my guests rooms fares,
and asked my credit card details as if nothing happened, with no empathy.

Room Tip: Be prepared for unexpected surprises.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Cihangir1707
Holiday Inn Ank... K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Cihangir1707,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. We're disappointed to hear that your stay fell below your vacation and business expectations. We apologize for any inconvenience that you've experienced with our service. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention, to give us the chance to improve future guests' experiences. We always encourage our guests to let us know right away if there are any issues or needs that they experience during their stay with us.

Your experience is definitely not reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves with. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. it was a very good hotel the staff were very helpful and rooms were clean. facilities in the hotel was good.
breakfast and air condition were great.
you could walk to kizilay metro station in 5 minutes.
I'll choose this hotel again and I highly recommend it....

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Holiday Inn Ank... K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear AmirDa,

On behalf of myself and the entire team, I'd like to thank you for your kind interest shown to Holiday Inn Ankara - Kavaklidere and for this great review. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. I'll be looking forward to welcome you again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We recently had the chance to stay with a small group at Holiday Inn Ankara and all we can say is WOW! This property offers the best in style and service in IHG. The rooms are exceptionally well designed and large. This coupled with their do anything for you service in a small boutique environment can not be beat.The rain shower is so amazing you may never want to leave it but absolutely do as this is one of the premier cities in the world..

Room Tip: Very nice located, walking distance to cafes & bars and city center!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank chawe1
Holiday Inn Ank... K, Genel Müdür at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear chawe1,

I'm so pleased to get your great feedback via TripAdvisor. I want to you to know we significantly take these feedbacks into consideration. Both the negative and positives always show us how to improve and how we serve.

Your comments made me so proud of my entire team. Because of this reason, on behalf of my team and I want to thank you for your great comments and hope to be your host in Ankara in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We only stayed one night, but we really appreciated the quality and comfort of the Holiday Inn.

The room was large, as was the bathroom. All spotlessly clean, with good quality fittings. Bed was very comfortable - especially with the choice of pillows provided.

The in-house restaurant had no great appeal, but there are many restaurants and bars within an easy walk of the hotel.

Ankara is more expensive than other towns in Turkey that we have stayed out, so the rate was probably OK considering the quality. The room price included internet and valet parking.

No hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Ank... K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear ChrisandJudy1000,

Thank you so much for taking time to write your great feedback.

It's so nice and motivating that you've enjoyed your room features! I wish for the same situation had been experienced for our restaurant service, however with the centrally location of the hotel, I think you got the chance to see other places which is also another satisfactory alternative.

I look forward to welcome you back in Holiday Inn Ankara - Kavaklidere.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I found the hotel to have a rather attractive interior with modern, comfortable rooms. Must echo some other reviewers about the central location surrounded by numerous entertainment choices. The staff was always friendly, spoke decent to good English and a few even were proficient in German. Had dinner one night in the hotel restaurant and I was more than satisfied with the meal.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear DPS27,

Thank you for your kind interest and nice comments about Holiday Inn Ankara - Kavaklidere.

I'm so glad that; although the interior design is a bit different than other Holiday Inn standards, we have tried so hard to get the approval and offer this luxury architectural design to our guests. I'm also more than happy with your feedback about our staff and the restaurant/kitchen service.

Hope to welcome you back sooner.

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Very central location with plenty of different kinds of restaurants,
caffes and bars around the hotel
Very friendly staff and very clean hotel.Breakfast was very good with many choices.Air conditioning was working without any problem at my room

• Stayed: May 2013
Holiday Inn Ank... K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear junior1907,

We would like to thank you for your valuable feedback.

It's so good to learn that you've enjoyed the local attractions. I hope you'll also enjoy our breakfast for your next trip to Ankara. You can be sure that you're more than welcome and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I called all the way from UK to have a reservation, however, the receptionist hang up on me as soon as I said hello. Second time I called I told him not to hang up cause I was calling overseas then he put me on hold 5 minutes then he took my reservation..
What a way to welcome a customer. I am very curious about my visit to this Hotel. I hope I won't regret that I stayed there.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear tommyAnkara_Turkey,

Thank you for leaving us a feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guests' comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

I am sorry to hear that your experience was not what you expected. I sincerely apologize for the level of service provided by our staff fell short of your expectations. Our team pays special attention to each and every guest and deeply regret that we have failed to deliver the highest level of service and customer care that you deserve.

Your patronage to our hotel is very important, as such, your comments will be shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. We appreciate all guest feedback, and strive to provide excellent service to all of our guests. We hope taht you give us another chance and allow us to redeem your faith in our award winning service.

Dhan M