“Part good, part bad”

Add it.
Grand Verda Hotel
Ranked #90 of 177 Hotels in Ankara
Reviewed 16 October 2010

Oglturk is hard to find, even for cab drivers. My first room was horrible - dingy, dark, no reading light, but yes, clean. Breakfast was good and the staff was helpful. Upon my return I was given #501 which was spectacular, large, bright, well-furnished, with a decent reading light. They must be in the process of renovation. Be sure to request one of the "new" rooms if you stay here. Hotel is a $4 cab ride from the Citadel, and a $1.85 dolmus ride (from a block away from the hotel) to the bus station. Neighborhood is not very attractive, but loaded with banks.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank elkland
There are newer reviews for Grand Verda Hotel

Reviewed 12 October 2010

We stayed just one night i Ogulturk, traveling around in Turkey, believing it would be close to the busstation, but the busstation has move dout of the city. I was a little bit worried about the mentioning of red-light district. But there was nothing! The night was quiet - we could even keep our window open.
The reception-staff was very helpful, but the breakfast was a disaster. We came just after a group had had their breakfast and the buffet was almost emptied. ALL the waiters just stood around and were very reluctant to fill the dishes or just to serve us some eggs, even the coffee only came after several demands. And this was hours before closing-time. I hope it was only this one day, because otherwise the hotel is recommendable.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2010

avoid. these guys are no modern at all, they didn't let me and my fionce stay there because we didn't have a marriage certificate. don't need to say more

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2010

Very good hotel if you are travelling without family...it is central and in the middle of the red light amusement area...
Parking lot was for free, elevator is going directly to the parkin lot. Hotel is old but the rooms are clean.
Breakfast and personal was turkish standard (this means very good for european standard...). Some of them also spoke german.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2009

I stayed at this hotel as part of a tour run by the British company Explore Worldwide. in a I did not like the looks of the area. And one woman in our group had a Turkish friend in Ankara who invited her home for dinner and was horrified when she saw the place we were staying. She said, "Don't go out!"

The area does seem lively at night, and after midnight, I could hear the "thump, thump" of a disco until I turned on a white noise machine I had with me to block it out.

Restaurant options in the area seemed limited. We had the worst meal of the trip at a nearby cafeteria. Three members of the trip got sick after eating the rice pudding.

The lobby was nice.The room was shabby and dated but large and had a refrigerator. Walls were thin, and I could hear the person in the next bathroom loudly brushing his teeth. When left open, the bathroom door hit the sink.

My television had no sound for the BBC channel, the only one in English, but the Turkish channels had sound. The staff member who tried to fix it had limited English, but I think he said something was wrong with the satellite dish.

Breakfast was above averare, with fresh fruit, and hot pastries (borek) with filling. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2009
1  Thank bardfan75
Reviewed 18 May 2009

I dont like writing nasty stuff but our stay in this hotel was disasterous, its in a dodgy area as our taxi driver told us and asked us not to wander around at night, the receptionist was a polite man (i got nothing to say about the staff,they were all polite and apologetic) he greeted us and we went up to our room (wife and myself) as we checked late in the evening around 10pm, as it was a hot night we wanted to turn the A/C on only to find out that its "under maintenance" we opened the window but i could not sleep all night as it was extremely noisy outside, turns to be we are in the middle of Ankara's night life hot spot!! very loud music from various bars, shouting and yelling all night untill dawn, as if this was not enough there was a lot of noise in the hotel itself as it was full of local teeange group watching "eurovision!!" and cheering up, so combination of noise+hot weather = no sleep all night, bath tub was not clean and towels looked really old so no shower either, we were supposed to stay 2 nights but after a sleepless night we decided to check out!! funny enough in their business card they descibe the hotel as being" away from city noise and being in quite area!!!" which is 100% lie,so from my personal experience i would advice to steer clear of this hotel and the area (area called Ulus)

Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2009

Had some clients with me on a business trip to Ankara , we had to stay 3 night all over . We have booked it through a Turkish Agent in Marmaris. Quite cheap,clean , nothing special but comfortable with rich open buffet . Enjoyable stay, staff well experienced , i was surprised when the staff started to chat in german and italian too,with my business colleagues at the front desk,

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business