“Very good place”
Review of Ramada Ankara

Ramada Ankara
Ranked #49 of 178 Hotels in Ankara
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Ankara used to be badly served on decent hotels, but times are changing. This Ramada hotel is a good exemple: nice modern rooms, excellent wellness/pool facilities, good service... Only downside is restaurant (inside); not exactly very cosy.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 November 2011

Heating and temperature control didn't work, bed and pillows were uncomfortable.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank fabbas
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Good property. Some of the fittings were loose though.

Serves a pretty wide variety of choices for breakfast - only thing is all choices are cold. All hot preparations are unsuitable for vegetarians.

I did not go anywhere near the hotel's restaurant other than for breakfast.

There are two malls / markets nearby and that helps in terms of evening food options. Lots of fresh fruits available in the markets. Also, one can get a good dose of top quality Bakhlava there.

Lots of taxis available in front of the hotel and public transportation options are nearby as well. However, I had an end to end chaufferred trip and did not use the taxis or public transport options.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Decent enough business hotel on one of the main shopping/bar/cafe streets in Ankara. A *lot* cheaper than the other Ramada in town. Quite small hotel, but decent rooms with large LCD TV, tea/coffee facilities, minibar. Mine also had a circular jacuzzi bath - which sounds great but took ages to fill up. Comfortable bed. Reception staff very helpful.

As another reviewer mentioned, despite what the website says they don't actually have a car park, but do actively manage the parking on the street outside and I never had any issues.

But beware: they have a no BYO rule for the rooms: "For health safety reasons, to bring food and beverage is not allowed to our hotel." I'm sure that this has nothing to do with protecting the profit on the minibar....

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
RamadaAnkara_Tunali, General Manager at Ramada Ankara, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2011

Dear Guests,
I'd like to let you know that we kindly ask our guests not to bring food or beverages from outside just like all other professional hotels. It is not related to our minibar or restaurant. It is because if our guest gets food poisoned by the food s/he brought from outside, then we cannot be held responsible for the poor quality of the food & beverage in question. In addition to this, there are some guests who would like to cook in the guest room which results in a very bad smell all around the floor, even around the entire hotel. A couple of weeks ago we had a crowded group and we detected that they were bringing food from outside and heating it or cooking it in the room which resulted in a very strong spice odour all around the hotel. This also could lead to a fire. As a result, our aim is to protect every precious guest, not to make profit out of minibars.
About the car park I'd like to kindly inform all of our guests that we bought our own private car park space 2 months ago, so there is no problem left about this matter. Warm regards to all of our precious guests, RHK

Reviewed 23 January 2011

Hi
I ws there in january and i wanred to share my experie ce. The hotel is actually small, althogh i expected a huge buidling from its name. However inside everything works as it should. The staff is nice and helpfull, the rooms are small but clean, the bathroom looks much better than the average hotel ones. The most i enjoyed was the breakfast. Buffet to which many Hayats can envy.
Although everything was nice i still feel it was a bit expensive. I paid 95 eur BB and i guess it it worth it. I surely reccomend you. One advice: do not ask a taxi to the airport from the bellboy, he is charging extra. You better go outside a take one yourself, it will cost you 10 eur less !

• Stayed: January 2011

Dear Guests,
My management team and I are strictly against any Ramada employee to make profit out of any guest. Unfortunately, all around the world, bellboys and taxi drivers have this "win-win" type of relationship. However, on April my team and I decided that we are also responsible for our guests' wellbeing and best interests so we have given a start to airport shuttle services, which is cheap, comfortable, safe and standard rate. Sometimes we hear that taxi drivers mislead our guests and make profit of it. However, with our new airport shuttle system everything is standard and there is no misleading detail by which any bellboy can make profit of. So every guest can rely on our new standard and safe airport shuttle services. Please, do not hesitate to contact with the Reception in order to ask for a shuttle service.

Reviewed 11 November 2010

I stayed here for two nights and it was great. The reception and everybody else was friendly, the room was a little small, but was all that I needed and was much nicer than I thought it would be for the price. The hotel is in a great location, though a bit far from the Citadel or Museums if that is what you're in town for. I signed up for Wyndham Rewards right before this stay and they had a letter in my room welcoming me and a free Toblerone bar. They also offer you a voucher for a free drink at their cafe on check in. I had a really positive stay here and would definitely come back if I'm in town again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Me and my husband stayed there for 1 night. Room is quite good; you will have a lcd, a silent air-conditioner and clean bathroom. Cafe Rosso is also very nice.
But,
-the receptionists should have been more welcoming,
-Although it is written as the hotel offers a parking garage, they DON'T.
Regards.